Sign in to follow this  
[DE]darryl1

Operation Sling-Stone Community Event July 26 - 29

Oh great...! Just when I'm having midterms...

can't you guys like uh... announce this at least one week before the event...? or at least 3-5 days ahead..

not just..boom!! bam! weekend even on..this weenend(today)!!

I have my own plans and schedule you know.. I also have a life out there..... I'm gonna miss everything here -__-..

• Upvote 1

It makes me sad that this event is entirely solo unfriendly.

• Upvote 3

Not racist, or a lack of culture. Obvious joke is obvious.

yeah that's what i meant, by cultural difference, as you can see that which is obvious humor to you isn't necessarily to another. I know it's a classic joke/reference like the one: "level: Corean" and others and it clearly aims at displaying the fact that there are huge cultural/priority  gaps between what's being shown and what the receiver makes of it, but the guy who called u a racist apparently didn't :D

i have a life to i have 2 kid,s and a job but my job is playing games so yea :)  

Dude, are you hiring? This kind of job is like a dream...

=)

• Upvote 2

Oh great...! Just when I'm having midterms...

can't you guys like uh... announce this at least one week before the event...? or at least 3-5 days ahead..

not just..boom!! bam! weekend even on..this weenend(today)!!

I have my own plans and schedule you know.. I also have a life out there..... I'm gonna miss everything here -__-..

July 23rd Play with devs: Rebecca said there was an intercepted transmission from the Corpus (this means an event)

July 25th: Corpus Transmission released to forums - same day translation by forumites.

July 26th: Event announcement.

July 26th-28th the event goes on.

Yeah, it was only basically since mid-week. Still, takes about an hour with a solid team to reach 100 points.

• Upvote 1

Hum you  know some of us aren't english , so we can't check livestream (i mean we can't anderstand) , we aren't on forum all time too , only  2 two day ago someone have say something like "we may have an event in some day but no release date anounced" in Region canal , it's that all we know before it's started.

But without that , i find this event cool , i only hopeTennos don't stop do it when they have 250 points :/ 

I think the staff anounce negative things (if we lose halp drop) for prevent that , and i hope it will work.

in all case , Thanks DE for this event , it's more for team work than the drone event.

=)

i do not do hiring some one they  approach and sing a contract with me going in to a job like this some places will have rules 

I've already played 10 of these and find this boring already. Just another lame defense mission.

• Upvote 3

Is there a reward for the top 100 people at the end? I'm guessing yes.

Edited by dosu

I'm participating with trepidation - but I don't like the silence about these Mods they are rewarding. Tell us EXACTLY what they are and what they do, DE - or will we find out later they aren't worth the effort? Most people have no idea what those mods are and are more or less playing because of the threat to cut the resources in half than anything else.

=)

If he's a tester, you really don't want that job. It's an absolutely wretched, brain numbing experience and pays less than McDonald's.

It's just employment for people with absolutely no useful job skills. Basically the same as Indians doing lvl 1 tech support for AT&T who don't comprehend the text they repeat to the customer.

• Upvote 3

Okay.... Who is Salzza? Seriously over 2,110 points into the second day? You really need to find a girlfriend :)

• Upvote 3

Please oh please let the kill counter / percentage counter not make the community a large group of OCDers hell bent on getting to 100%.

MUST REACH ZERO.....EVERYWHERE!!!!!!! :D

If he's a tester, you really don't want that job. It's an absolutely wretched, brain numbing experience and pays less than McDonald's.

It's just employment for people with absolutely no useful job skills. Basically the same as Indians doing lvl 1 tech support for AT&T who don't comprehend the text they repeat to the customer.

Digital Entertainment and Game Design i was a tester before most pay S#&$ but some are good i gess   

Okay.... Who is Salzza? Seriously over 2,110 points into the second day? You really need to find a girlfriend :)

Some one who has volt.

• Upvote 2

Everyone hates me this weekend, i can barrely finish a @(*()$ mission and all of the freaking house are like "we need the computer for 5 kins!" *taking it for an hour*

So soloing is below the level of co-op? 3 pts in Solo and 10 if you're going Alpha-Beta with a buddy. Pretty unbalanced :S

So soloing is below the level of co-op? 3 pts in Solo and 10 if you're going Alpha-Beta with a buddy. Pretty unbalanced :S

I'm more of a solo player too, because my pc is crap - bad fps.

Unclear for me is how we earn points beside the corruptor type. More kills?

As I am aware yet, every sabotage you get 3 points. The trick should be doing Venus, rushing to the core, defend it and then rush to the end. That's the only logical answer I can give you.

Points at the end are purely based on how many corruptors were plugged in. Stable alone gets 3 points. Stable and alpha or beta is 5 points. All three is 10 points. Alpha or beta alone is 2 points, I think. Also, the more corruptors plugged in, the less time you have to spend defending.

What I don't get is why people refuses to cooperate even is such an event; I've done just 3 missions so far, I'll do the rest tomorrow, but in all of them as soon as I got other players in the lobby I thought it was a good idea to tell the others which item I had, trying to organize the team to receive 10points for all.

NO WAY.

Almost no one answered, one told me he didn't care, another told me he had all the pieces but didn't want to change and so on....quite astonished here....

• Upvote 1