Sign in to follow this  
[DE]darryl1

Operation Sling-Stone Community Event July 26 - 29

Points at the end are purely based on how many corruptors were plugged in. Stable alone gets 3 points. Stable and alpha or beta is 5 points. All three is 10 points. Alpha or beta alone is 2 points, I think. Also, the more corruptors plugged in, the less time you have to spend defending.

Thanks, I just made 1 run random party with all corruptors used - 10 points:)

Good event, managed to get 250 points. Going to stop now, no point going further. Did Xini, lots of corruptors (and resources, mods, etc while you're at it) 

edit : forgot to mention, had a stalker appear after the reactor was done and the lights were out. Talk about timing.... 

Got my Dread BP :D

Edited by Glazy

edit : forgot to mention, had a stalker appear after the reactor was done and the lights were out. Talk about timing.... 

Me too. He was avenging Sgt. Nef Anyo. Good thing we were helping those motherfrakers

What I don't get is why people refuses to cooperate even is such an event; I've done just 3 missions so far, I'll do the rest tomorrow, but in all of them as soon as I got other players in the lobby I thought it was a good idea to tell the others which item I had, trying to organize the team to receive 10points for all.

NO WAY.

Almost no one answered, one told me he didn't care, another told me he had all the pieces but didn't want to change and so on....quite astonished here....

ouch, use the recruit channel instead and you get ppl with the right thingy without coming close to tears.

As I am aware yet, every sabotage you get 3 points. The trick should be doing Venus, rushing to the core, defend it and then rush to the end. That's the only logical answer I can give you.

Well I think I will  just do 5fps lag runs, better than 50 runs solo. Using Nyx chaos and trying to shot slideshow:)

how do we get these points? the OP doesn't mention this anywhere. HOw many points for doing what?

I failed to understand the method behind the points. Sometimes they give you 10 points for a mission. Sometimes, 5 points. Only sometimes they give you 3 points or 7 points. Why? How are they calculated? IDK. I did my missions and gathered my points, and I guess that's the way of the Tenno: obey without question.

• Upvote 1

Well I think I will  just do 5fps lag runs, better than 50 runs solo. Using Nyx chaos and trying to shot slideshow:)

Godspeed my fellow Tenno. I got some calculation done, I've done 28 runs. I need 85 solo-runs for getting my 250 points. I most certainly have some work to do :)

Points at the end are purely based on how many corruptors were plugged in. Stable alone gets 3 points. Stable and alpha or beta is 5 points. All three is 10 points. Alpha or beta alone is 2 points, I think. Also, the more corruptors plugged in, the less time you have to spend defending.

Should be accurate, just a little addendum, having both Alpha and Beta plugged in is 7 points.

I personally like this weekend event better then the previous ones.

Seriously, cant believe noone has asked this yet:

- What are the mods?

- What are their stats/functions?

- What are the comparisons for 2/5mods?

- What are we actually playing for?

I only ask, because i have no idea what i need to aim for, 2 or 5 mods? Noone knows.

Or, is it a case you are waiting to see how many players achieve X amount of mods, before throwing stats around? If so, let us know.

Makes me laugh, everyone could be playing for a 0.001% chance to convert pistol ammo to rifle ammo. 

Good idea for an event, really, really, bad explanation/execution of the rewards. Matches the current clan/invite/chat system (a bosh job).

• Upvote 1

Resources cut in half for several weeks afterwards should we fail?! D: Our performance last event hasn't been forgotten by DE.

yeah i think they need to make it harder;D

"Dear diary, I havent killed a corpus in days maybe weeks and I think im going crazy i hope these fomorians gtfo or I will get my shiny reaper and give em a bolty present in theyre head P.S. I my shade is short-circuiting from the lack of energy I hope he makes it." 

This is gonna be epic and I wonder how powerfull those mods are. plus its gonna take awhile to get all the corruptors to get he 250 points

Lots of people are already way over 1000 points.

Also does everyone get the hologram or the top 100?

here use my shiny reaper

pffft Reaper.

So as i understand community will be rewarded with mods even if we fail to destroy all the ships?

Very disappointing.... This event is such a grind, and on top of that... even if the intent isn't... to force players to play.... I mean... seriously? our resouce drops will be cut in half if we do not complete this for several week? if that happens then I'll just quit the game. Let's see if you make any more money off me then.

Very disappointing.... This event is such a grind, and on top of that... even if the intent isn't... to force players to play.... I mean... seriously? our resouce drops will be cut in half if we do not complete this for several week? if that happens then I'll just quit the game. Let's see if you make any more money off me then.

Q_Q!!!!!!!!!~

Ammo conversion?  So...like, if you pick up shotgun shells but only have a rifle and a pistol, it converts to a different ammo? 

That's be sweet.

Well, I've calmed down a bit and I have to correct myself: The event isn't as bad as I thought. Don't get me wrong, I'm definitely not saying it's good... and for good reason. I read through this thread a lot and the two major problems that occured were rushing and availability. What can I say? I completely agree with that - when I decided to participate after all, in about every mission people just rushed through the mission, defended and left - probably stopping at 250 points, ignoring the resource drop threat the same way people ignored the possible consequences from the last event. And here, too, I understand. It's just not motivating being told something like "you get nothing when everyone fails in the end" or "if you're not good enough, you'll have trouble farming". That's just really wrong. I have a few suggestion which hopefully will make it to the next event:

1) Restrict players so they can only finish the objective as a whole, not 2-3 people running like they're on drugs. We have that with doors that need two players two open, so you CAN do it, right? But please, don't make an event with just these doors... ;P Anyway, if you need all active players (not a fixed amount of 4 players, but all team members whatever number that is - even ONE) to achieve victory, people rushing will find their race pointless. They will still do it, but they don't get anything from it. Of course, I'm assuming people don't just do these missions for XP, because rushing people may still kill every enemy in sight, no matter if their teammates still benefit from it.

2) Do not restrict players to alert missions or missions of a certain level. I wouldn't even know why anyone would think of that? I've heard of smurfing in other games to troll other players or something. But what is the reason for a level restriction for an enemy who only thinks of running when hit and not get killed (talking of Spydrones here)? They were still farmed like hell on lower missions which caused people to play solo.

And this event, maps pop up in different areas - some which can't be reached by some players because they haven't got there yet. Sure, you can have a friend (or someone from your clan) pull you through some missions ... but where is the fun in that? When you kind of have to cheat your way through just so you can get there? And since the level is probably to high, these players will need continued high lv support from other players. Doesn't mean teamwork, just someone who can do the dirty work while you watch.

About this events, it does feel rather unsatisfying. We only got minimum information on rewards ... I'd rather know what we COULD get and not know how much I have to do for it. It's still the same: Got a number just for yourself, reach it and either keep going or stop there and get your stuff (probably). What else is there to do but do your best when you know what you could get, but without knowing when you reached it? The one number I'd love is the total number of achievements from all players and how many are left. Might be a big number, but who cares? I myself think it's interesting to know how far players got, not just yourself.

And last thing... what we do know about rewards doesn't help. The event is too easy and said rewards seem... appropriate, but all in all it's just not worth it. The missions by themselves are a nice kind of mobile defense, but too short and not challenging at all, even on higher levels. Really, I'd rather see that idea of one big boss as big as a room somewhere in that ship visualized. I mean ... THAT would be awesome. THAT requires teamwork. Big guy that you can't just take on alone ... Big sorry to solo players here, but in a "community" event, I'd really love to see something that actually supports teams playing as teams (not four players soloing together). This one almost got it right ... but you don't need everyone to do it. One is enough, two are better and three is best. And ... number four has one corruptor left to throw at enemies because it just became completely useless. Well... think I've made my point. No ill will intended, just a little upset at how team support is still not really kicking in.

• Upvote 3

Well, I've calmed down a bit and I have to correct myself: The event isn't as bad as I thought. Don't get me wrong, I'm definitely not saying it's good... and for good reason. I read through this thread a lot and the two major problems that occured were rushing and availability. What can I say? I completely agree with that - when I decided to participate after all, in about every mission people just rushed through the mission, defended and left - probably stopping at 250 points, ignoring the resource drop threat the same way people ignored the possible consequences from the last event. And here, too, I understand. It's just not motivating being told something like "you get nothing when everyone fails in the end" or "if you're not good enough, you'll have trouble farming". That's just really wrong. I have a few suggestion which hopefully will make it to the next event:

1) Restrict players so they can only finish the objective as a whole, not 2-3 people running like they're on drugs. We have that with doors that need two players two open, so you CAN do it, right? But please, don't make an event with just these doors... ;P Anyway, if you need all active players (not a fixed amount of 4 players, but all team members whatever number that is - even ONE) to achieve victory, people rushing will find their race pointless. They will still do it, but they don't get anything from it. Of course, I'm assuming people don't just do these missions for XP, because rushing people may still kill every enemy in sight, no matter if their teammates still benefit from it.

2) Do not restrict players to alert missions or missions of a certain level. I wouldn't even know why anyone would think of that? I've heard of smurfing in other games to troll other players or something. But what is the reason for a level restriction for an enemy who only thinks of running when hit and not get killed (talking of Spydrones here)? They were still farmed like hell on lower missions which caused people to play solo.

And this event, maps pop up in different areas - some which can't be reached by some players because they haven't got there yet. Sure, you can have a friend (or someone from your clan) pull you through some missions ... but where is the fun in that? When you kind of have to cheat your way through just so you can get there? And since the level is probably to high, these players will need continued high lv support from other players. Doesn't mean teamwork, just someone who can do the dirty work while you watch.

About this events, it does feel rather unsatisfying. We only got minimum information on rewards ... I'd rather know what we COULD get and not know how much I have to do for it. It's still the same: Got a number just for yourself, reach it and either keep going or stop there and get your stuff (probably). What else is there to do but do your best when you know what you could get, but without knowing when you reached it? The one number I'd love is the total number of achievements from all players and how many are left. Might be a big number, but who cares? I myself think it's interesting to know how far players got, not just yourself.

And last thing... what we do know about rewards doesn't help. The event is too easy and said rewards seem... appropriate, but all in all it's just not worth it. The missions by themselves are a nice kind of mobile defense, but too short and not challenging at all, even on higher levels. Really, I'd rather see that idea of one big boss as big as a room somewhere in that ship visualized. I mean ... THAT would be awesome. THAT requires teamwork. Big guy that you can't just take on alone ... Big sorry to solo players here, but in a "community" event, I'd really love to see something that actually supports teams playing as teams (not four players soloing together). This one almost got it right ... but you don't need everyone to do it. One is enough, two are better and three is best. And ... number four has one corruptor left to throw at enemies because it just became completely useless. Well... think I've made my point. No ill will intended, just a little upset at how team support is still not really kicking in.

You could of gotten 250 points by now instead of typing all that.

Who cares if we don't know what it is, if you don't have time to get all 5 then don't, you wont die if you don't get em all and you won't die if you do and they aren't epic.

Chances are they will be normal droppable mods later, if not then carry more ammo packs.

Edited by dosu

I really like this event. The main problem I see is the award only going to the top clan in each spot. My clan has lost all interest now that Quantum Entanglemt and HYDRAE have gotten waaaaaay ahead.

Top 5 or 10 at least gives motivation for clans who know they can't be #1.

Hek maybe do a gold statue for clan #1, silver for 2-5 and bronze for 6-10. At least people would try that way.

• Upvote 4

Last time DE made a community event without a consequence many complained about people being "selfish".

we still have the problem of people going like, meh i did X numbers i am done... we will always have that

beeing selfish is part of the game, sadly