Sign in to follow this  
[DE]darryl1

Operation Sling-Stone Community Event July 26 - 29

what not go solo then ? no need to express your frustration for not getting the part you want (we've all been there) onto new warframe players ^^

Yeah go solo, every boss even phorid and the new europa boss you can solo it.

About the event, i love it, best event ever made, its tons of fun.

Still i would enjoy them adding some sort of layered boss system on events like this, or even the maps in general.

Maybe this is crazy talk, but wouldn't it have made more sense to have the ships scale to the level of the group that's running them, rather than to the level of the planets they're near? Then people of any level could contribute to any of the ships, giving everyone a chance to get something out of this event.

As it stands now, the low-level ships are going down really fast (I've only manged to do three runs), while the high-level ones linger. If the thousands upon thousands of lower-level players (myself and my clanmates included) could actually contribute to anything outside of Mercury and Venus, maybe all of the ships would be going down at a relatively equal rate.

And hell, it'd allow lowbies to have a shot at crafting resources in the higher-level systems, if only for a single weekend. If that wouldn't be incentive enough for us to contribute to the event all weekend long, I don't know what would.

(Granted, this would only be viable as long as people are auto-matched according to their mastery rank and average gear level, so that some poor sod doesn't get stuck with a bunch of elite Tenno, making them little more than dead weight. I only play solo or with my two clanmates, so I don't have much experience with the auto-matching system. Maybe this wouldn't work at all?)

• Upvote 2

As it stands now, the low-level ships are going down really fast (I've only manged to do three runs), while the high-level ones linger. If the thousands upon thousands of lower-level players (myself and my clanmates included) could actually contribute to anything outside of Mercury and Venus, maybe all of the ships would be going down at a relatively equal rate.

So.. If you have a lvl 60 frame with lvl 60 gear, and a lvl 1 frame with lvl 1 gear, how much do you think the lvl 1 frame could help out?

Balancing something like that would be impossible, given all of the variations of weapon and frame and mods installed. You have to figure out by yourself whether or not you can do a mission, IMO.

• Upvote 1

Anyone think that, for Fomorian levels, the 'space' skybox should have been replaced with a scene of a vast mechanical interior?

• Upvote 1

Oh great...! Just when I'm having midterms...

can't you guys like uh... announce this at least one week before the event...? or at least 3-5 days ahead..

not just..boom!! bam! weekend even on..this weenend(today)!!

I have my own plans and schedule you know.. I also have a life out there..... I'm gonna miss everything here -__-..

You're not going to be able to attend every event that happens. Just do the ones you can, and for the ones you can't, the event-exclusive mods are usually released to the public like a few weeks later, albeit a weaker version. You aren't really missing anything except competition.

It makes me sad that this event is entirely solo unfriendly.

People complained about the last event encouraging solo play with its stated goals. DE tried to please the community by encouraging co-op. You can still get 250 points by soloing, it just takes longer. With all the variations in playing styles and social preferences, there will always be one side of the coin that will be highly satisfied, and another side that's highly dissatisfied. The Fusion Moa and Grineer Informer events made soloers happier and co-opers very sad. This Fomorian event accomplishes the exact opposite of those 2 events. It's a good balance.

So soloing is below the level of co-op? 3 pts in Solo and 10 if you're going Alpha-Beta with a buddy. Pretty unbalanced :S

Refer to my reply to the second person I quoted. The Fusion Moa and Grineer Informer events were incredibly unbalanced, being heavily biased towards solo-play with its competitive nature. This event is also unbalanced, being heavily biased towards co-op with clan competition. As you can see, when you combine the nature of the 3 events, you get a pretty balanced plate overall, wouldn't you agree?

What I don't get is why people refuses to cooperate even is such an event; I've done just 3 missions so far, I'll do the rest tomorrow, but in all of them as soon as I got other players in the lobby I thought it was a good idea to tell the others which item I had, trying to organize the team to receive 10points for all.

NO WAY.

Almost no one answered, one told me he didn't care, another told me he had all the pieces but didn't want to change and so on....quite astonished here....

This event actually favors clan cooperation. You'll get almost nowhere with PUG's since there is no practical way to decide who brings which corruptor to a run.

Seriously, cant believe noone has asked this yet:

- What are the mods?

- What are their stats/functions?

- What are the comparisons for 2/5mods?

- What are we actually playing for?

I only ask, because i have no idea what i need to aim for, 2 or 5 mods? Noone knows.

Or, is it a case you are waiting to see how many players achieve X amount of mods, before throwing stats around? If so, let us know.

Makes me laugh, everyone could be playing for a 0.001% chance to convert pistol ammo to rifle ammo. 

Good idea for an event, really, really, bad explanation/execution of the rewards. Matches the current clan/invite/chat system (a bosh job).

Those question won't be answered until after the event is over, when we receive the mods and see what they do, but I do remember reading somewhere that it converts ammo you don't need until ammo that you actually need to use. What I'm confused on is that we can potentially receive 5 mods, all of which are supposedly ammo conversion mods. Only rifle, shotgun, and pistol weapon types exist in this game. That leaves 2 mods unaccounted for.

I think the reward is excellent. For weapons like the Flux for example, you run out of ammo so fast in def missions unless you have ammo boxes, that if you can convert useless ammo that you don't have into ammo for the weapons your currently equipping, especially when you've picked up all ground ammo, you just gave yourself an extra 10~20 seconds to breathe.

Edit: No one knows whether it's a % chance to convert, or if it only converts a fraction of the ammo. We'll know after the event is over.

Edit 2: Instead of complaining about how you think the reward distribution is terrible, how about actually offering a distribution table solution that you think would be more fair. It would definitely help the devs make it better in the future, rather than you know, the devs making a random attempt at making another distribution table, which may still not be what you think is fair.

Edited by Ruzu
  • Upvote 1

I like the idea of the Tenno working alongside the Corpus

They aren't working together. Our job is simply to prove that the Corpus is too dumb to live because of a tempt of fate.

Refer to my reply to the second person I quoted. The Fusion Moa and Grineer Informer events were incredibly unbalanced, being heavily biased towards solo-play with its competitive nature. This event is also unbalanced, being heavily biased towards co-op with clan competition. As you can see, when you combine the nature of the 3 events, you get a pretty balanced plate overall, wouldn't you agree?

Agree with you. Just wanted to point out that the last event was perfectly fine to me. As the one before that.

Edit: Aaaaand slightly above 250! Thanks DE this event made me a happy Tenno. In addition I played with strangers for the first time in a very looooong time.

I give youthis gift that I made with my bare hands. Sorry for the grammar.

g1374915542115112350.jpg

Edited by Zantestsuken
  • Upvote 5

So.. If you have a lvl 60 frame with lvl 60 gear, and a lvl 1 frame with lvl 1 gear, how much do you think the lvl 1 frame could help out?

Balancing something like that would be impossible, given all of the variations of weapon and frame and mods installed. You have to figure out by yourself whether or not you can do a mission, IMO.

I touched on that at the end of my post. Regardless, my point wasn't that people shouldn't be able to figure out what missions they can or can't do on their own -- I'm not saying that all missions should balance themselves to the level of the player. I'm saying events like this, which are supposed to be community-wide, need to have some way to include players of all levels and skill, and right now they don't.

If the matchmaking in the game doesn't presently account for the gear of the player when matching them with other people (thus making auto-balancing the ships to the group nonviable) then DE should really take a hard look at how these events are built so they can design something next time that is inclusive for the entire community, rather than exclusionary.

I am perfectly aware that creating something that is balanced for both high-level and low-level players is not easy, and is in fact more complicated than it appears on its face. But I also don't think it's impossible -- it just requires a different approach than what the last few events have used.

You're not going to be able to attend every event that happens. Just do the ones you can, and for the ones you can't, the event-exclusive mods are usually released to the public like a few weeks later, albeit a weaker version. You aren't really missing anything except competition.

People complained about the last event encouraging solo play with its stated goals. DE tried to please the community by encouraging co-op. You can still get 250 points by soloing, it just takes longer. With all the variations in playing styles and social preferences, there will always be one side of the coin that will be highly satisfied, and another side that's highly dissatisfied. The Fusion Moa and Grineer Informer events made soloers happier and co-opers very sad. This Fomorian event accomplishes the exact opposite of those 2 events. It's a good balance.

This event actually favors clan cooperation. You'll get almost nowhere with PUG's since there is no practical way to decide who brings which corruptor to a run.

Those question won't be answered until after the event is over, when we receive the mods and see what they do, but I do remember reading somewhere that it converts ammo you don't need until ammo that you actually need to use. What I'm confused on is that we can potentially receive 5 mods, all of which are supposedly ammo conversion mods. Only rifle, shotgun, and pistol weapon types exist in this game. That leaves 2 mods unaccounted for.

I think the reward is excellent. For weapons like the Flux for example, you run out of ammo so fast in def missions unless you have ammo boxes, that if you can convert useless ammo that you don't have into ammo for the weapons your currently equipping, especially when you've picked up all ground ammo, you just gave yourself an extra 10~20 seconds to breathe.

Edit: No one knows whether it's a % chance to convert, or if it only converts a fraction of the ammo. We'll know after the event is over.

Edit 2: Instead of complaining about how you think the reward distribution is terrible, how about actually offering a distribution table solution that you think would be more fair. It would definitely help the devs make it better in the future, rather than you know, the devs making a random attempt at making another distribution table, which may still not be what you think is fair.

You forgot the sniper ammo type.

• Upvote 1

You forgot the sniper ammo type.

The five conversion mods are: 

• New Ammo Mutator mods: converts unused ammo to select ammo type(Pistol, Shotgun, Rifle, Sniper, Bow)

EDIT: Finally, I got 250 points! I've made my minimum contribution to the event. Good luck, everyone.

Edited by ChaoticVice777

Maybe this is crazy talk, but wouldn't it have made more sense to have the ships scale to the level of the group that's running them, rather than to the level of the planets they're near? Then people of any level could contribute to any of the ships, giving everyone a chance to get something out of this event.

And hell, it'd allow lowbies to have a shot at crafting resources in the higher-level systems, if only for a single weekend. If that wouldn't be incentive enough for us to contribute to the event all weekend long, I don't know what would.

(Granted, this would only be viable as long as people are auto-matched according to their mastery rank and average gear level, so that some poor sod doesn't get stuck with a bunch of elite Tenno, making them little more than dead weight. I only play solo or with my two clanmates, so I don't have much experience with the auto-matching system. Maybe this wouldn't work at all?)

I think setting it to the planets level is the best way to do it.  Yes the low level ones get cleared quickly, but remember if a ship is still up after the event the resources are lowered in that zone, meaning at least the lower level zones are free from retribution.  So there are advantages and disadvantages to it, the way it should be.

I love the event, I think DE have really taken what people criticized on previous events and moved forward with it.  I like that there is a failure condition also for that little extra motivation.  Nice co-op required, tiered rewards - I like that. 

• Upvote 1

Yeah go solo, every boss even phorid and the new europa boss you can solo it.

About the event, i love it, best event ever made, its tons of fun.

Still i would enjoy them adding some sort of layered boss system on events like this, or even the maps in general.

yep, provided u're equipped right. Anyhow the OP was mentioning a Vor run for the seer, anyone can solo that ...

Ummm, does anyone remember the original post saying something about a holo projector, cause I do, and that is now missing, has that been removed due to issue or something?

Ummm, does anyone remember the original post saying something about a holo projector, cause I do, and that is now missing, has that been removed due to issue or something?

it should still be in the patch notes

I'm wondering why while mentioning this :

Corpus will reward players based on points received:

• 250 points: All 5 mods
  • 150 points: 4 mods
  • 100 points : 3 mods
  • All contributing players receive 2 mods
  • Additionally: The top clan in each bracket will receive a FOMORIAN STATUE for their dojo.

the mechanics of getting those points you can find only on WIKI?

Why  info below was not in original announcement -

helping and encouraging to gear up and team up right

before jumping on a mission?

::

Event mission details

The fomorian ships will appear as new missions in an area. The mission is timed defense. ~3 minute timer. Only one player needs to bring in a stable corruptor or two players the other two corruptors, one with an alpha corruptor, and one with a beta corruptor. Corruptors are gained by killing infested (easy to find) and are consumable. winning a mission against the formorian ships will gain the player points: 

Stable (3 minutes timed defense)= 3 points 

Alpha or Beta without the other (3 minutes timed defense)= 2 points 

Stable + Alpha or Beta (2 minutes timed defense)= 5 points 

Alpha + Beta (2 minutes timed defense)= 7 points 

All of them (1 minute timed defense)= 10 points

Why not provide all info related to event in one clear message ?

:)

• Upvote 3

This... They're... I'm... 

*collapses on the ground*

my body was not ready. But I did it. 250 points.

Someone save my wrist.

• Upvote 1