Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What I Hope WIll Happen for Umbra in Sacrifice

OoKeNnEtHoO

Since Excalibur Umbra is coming in next update as far as I'm aware, I am seriously hoping it will actually be a completely new frame with totally different abilities from Excalibur and Excalibur Prime, but still somewhat inspired by the original skill set.

This is simply because I really don't wanna see an entire update with the main reward of just a new mastery fodder and also simply to satisfy the lack of an Excalibur with stat upgrade for non-Founders and/or the lack of an Umbra for non-China build players, even if those are likely the main reason(s) anyway.

However, this does not mean that having a completely new frame cannot still satisfy all of the wants stated above.

What I hope will happen is that Excalibur Umbra is going to be a completely new frame but also a permanent addition to the skins for all Excalibur frames (Excalibur and Excalibur Prime).

This means by building the Excalibur Umbra, a skin is added permanently whether the umbra frame is sold off eventually or not.

This will mean that even if a player were to use an Excalibur or an Excalibur Prime, he/she can still change the appearance by utilizing the skin.

At the same time, the skin will also come with an upgrade to the stats (similar to the Arcane helmets in the past and the current Arcanes) which if attached to an Excalibur will make it the same as the Excalibur Prime, and if attached to Excalibur Prime will not change anything but the looks.

This will allow non-Founders who want a stat upgrade to Excalibur that matches the Excalibur Prime to still have what they want and still keep the same skill set by simply attaching the Umbra skin to a regular Excalibur.

This will also allow Founders and non-Founders who do not really care about getting another Excalibur clone or have a heavily formaed Excalibur or Excalibur Prime to be able to own a completely new frame to play with that may look similar but acts differently to Excalibur, allowing a different playstyle to the swordmaster-themed frame.

As for the lore, I am guessing it might be something similar to Rell from Chains of Harrow.

Spoiler

It could be an ex-operator like Rell that instead of going into the long dream like we did, decided to use other methods and ending up trapping himself/herself in a frame until we free him/her or until he/she dies for some reason.

Said ex-operator could also very well not be a tenno and something else entirely like a Dax as other speculators have also speculated or even a failed orokin or sentient experiment.

It may even be possible that the umbra will be stalker-related.

Edited by OoKeNnEtHoO

Well I want Umbra be a direct stat upgrade and different visual effects with same abilities. I honestly don't want to stick to the vanilla anymore. If they have new abilities idea, just make another new frame, no need to take the name of Excalibur.

Edited by Marvelous_A

13 minutes ago, kgabor said:

I would sacrifice void kiddo mode for it and the current Focus system with it for it to be just Stalker instead with Stalker-s abilities. (and a buff for Hate into a Greatscythe and Despair not being as trash anymore)

Despair is trash now? Must've missed that memo

3 minutes ago, Shad0wWatcher said:

Despair is trash now? Must've missed that memo

I use it sometimes with Toxin damage but it's outclassed by Spira Prime and especially Fusilai now with its insane (compared to other throwing knives)base damage which is also Slash-Puncture, its crit and its status. (just forget about its secondary fire and it's great)

1 minute ago, kgabor said:

I use it sometimes with Toxin damage but it's outclassed by Spira Prime and especially Fusilai now with its insane (compared to other throwing knives)base damage which is also Slash-Puncture, its crit and its status. (just forget about its secondary fire and it's great)

Ah i see your point. 

1 minute ago, aligatorno said:

Well, it is a raw damage weapon, pretty much each one of those re trash or close to trash past mid star chart. 

Fair enough.....i miss playing warframe:sadcry:

8 hours ago, Marvelous_A said:

Well I want Umbra be a direct stat upgrade and different visual effects with same abilities. I honestly don't want to stick to the vanilla anymore. If they have new abilities idea, just make another new frame, no need to take the name of Excalibur.

Yeah, this can also be solved as a skin.

Granted the name of the frame when you equip it will still says Excalibur and the skill set will still be Excalibur's (as per what you want) but it will look like Excalibur Umbra and have Excalibur Umbra's stats.

8 hours ago, OoKeNnEtHoO said:

At the same time, the skin will also come with an upgrade to the stats (similar to the Arcane helmets in the past and the current Arcanes) which if attached to an Excalibur will make it the same as the Excalibur Prime, and if attached to Excalibur Prime will not change anything but the looks.

This will allow non-Founders who want a stat upgrade to Excalibur that matches the Excalibur Prime to still have what they want and still keep the same skill set by simply attaching the Umbra skin to a regular Excalibur.

8 hours ago, Ksaero said:

Is skillset really the only thing that could make warframe unique? Why not tie some additional mechanic exclusively to Umbra frames?

Yeah, I believe there will likely be something to the umbras, but if it ends up just like the primes where they can get energy or some other resource from the environment then it won't really make that huge of a difference and simply be a convenience kind of thing.

If they do make it that umbras have some other gameplay mechanic to it, I would hope it is at a significant level like Second Dream with the introduction of operator mode but I sort of doubt it will be at that level.

8 hours ago, kgabor said:

I would sacrifice void kiddo mode for it and the current Focus system with it for it to be just Stalker instead with Stalker-s abilities. (and a buff for Hate into a Greatscythe and Despair not being as trash anymore)

I heard that speculation too. 

However, I'm guessing it to be a sacrifice of the normal frame; Not sure if it will really take the frame away gameplay-wise or just lore-wise and have a toggle for the normal frame that gets "umbraed" so you can switch back any time.

I believe so because DE likely wouldn't want to introduce something that completely replaces the focus school and operator system that they spent so much time to make but of course, I could be wrong.

The part on stalker that you mentioned could be right though considering we know they do have a pvp stalker mode made already.

Edited by OoKeNnEtHoO