Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Plains of Endlessgrind

Xyhon

1. Gara and her parts.

2. Fishing - spawns, parts and their interlock with lures, etc.

3. Eidolons which are NOT fun to take down, only stupid as bullet sponge + operator nuisance.

4. Rarest mining nodes, which are spawning like...

5. Archwing charges requirements and limit.

6. Bugframe, as a cherry on top + twitch fail.

7. Also, changing economy as it goes without rewarding players who actually dedicated their time.

Please, consider removing Q/A team, if they fail to do their job at this point in game. Set aside PTR server for people, as many other games do. Frame quests are now just forced, and tbh, feel rushed in terms of both writing and execution. And the after grind that occurs for their parts... AS if we don't have enough grind to actually grind.

You, as a dev, should know after all this years, that what makes Warframe best space shooter around was not it's grind for mats, but mowing down hordes with smile.

2 hours ago, Xyhon said:

Please, consider removing Q/A team, if they fail to do their job at this point in game.

Did you really expect an open world huge map add-on to the game that is way more than just a few more tilesets is working flawlessly right from the start? The match-making and extraction is terrible but the rest on the plains works like charm. I think they did a very good job from the mechanical point of view. Run'n'gun, enemy spawn, sound and visuals are top notch.

Matchmaking in a pseudo open world is new to Warframe and they need time to fix it or adjust it.

Archwing in PoE is far from perfect but it is working for a quick fly back to the base. And it does work better than sharkwing or the rush mode on Corpus ships. Here also, give them a bit of time. 

That is my general advice: wait 3-4 weeks and then start enjoying it. Most bugs will be ironed out, the economy will scale better and you will have plenty of guides how to farm what the most efficient way. 

2 hours ago, Xyhon said:

Frame quests are now just forced, and tbh, feel rushed in terms of both writing and execution.

It is not as good as Harrow's quest or as intriguing as Octavias's but it more fleshed out than the old quest like Limbo or Mirage.

Honestly try to see the things they did good. 

To be fair, DE has made the RNG in Plains of Eidolon insanely hard to get certain things that you want which makes 100% sense honestly. Why does it make sense you ask? They made the RNG insanely hard because they worked so hard on the Plains and want players to be in the plains grinding for something for a long time, because they worked hard on the plains.

DE made the RNG hard = Players will be in the plains more because they want that certain item

DE worked for a long time on the Plains which is why they made the RNG on it horrible, makes perfect sense.

Edited by xXDeadsinxX
Worded a bit better

16 hours ago, xXDeadsinxX said:

DE made the RNG hard = Players will be in the plains more because they want that certain item

DE worked for a long time on the Plains which is why they made the RNG on it horrible, makes perfect sense.

While I get the logic behind that and that's probably why they did it... PoE looks awesome and new with the "open world feel" that the rest of the game doesn't have, players are going to spend a lot of time in there regardless. The gameplay itself is amazingly fun, and in that beautiful setting with dynamic missions popping up and things to do (hijack drone, go kill those Grineer, hey an Eidolon, etc)... people will be in there doing stuff. It didn't need to be smothered with so much tedious grinding in every little detail. (And on top of that, the daily cap for reputation to slow it down even more, when you want to be playing, having fun and still feeling rewarded/progressing.)

Needing to get mats to make baits to catch fish, because you need fish meat or scales as mats for other things, and so on... it's like Russian nesting dolls but with grinding. Really didn't need to be so much.

Have some faith in the quality of your update and that people will enjoy it and want to spend time in it for its own qualities, not because you slapped on ten tons of artificial grind.

Edited by Zhyzak

Make the RNG/grind hard and unbearable and you will get players burning out quick or not even attempting trying out the new stuff because of it. At that point, all the hard work from DE is a waste, because a bunch of players don't even wanna touch that portion of the game anymore.

Edited by Shryoss

2 hours ago, k05h said:

but the rest on the plains works like charm.

Uhm, what? Are we playing the same game?

Bounty fails or breaks. Bounty doesn´t rotate correctly (anyone saw a right Furax?) Fish spawning is really weird. Those "boosted" Enemies have broken / slowed animations. Doors not opening (after Teralyst kill). There a lot more things, which do not work like charm.

The matchmaking is a completely joke to be honest. If a friend plays with a different language, you will not get on the same Instance (that problem exists since the Relays were introduced) in Cetus. After a bounty you get in different instances too (doesn´t matter if friends only or not) and you can´t start a new bountie without going back to the ship etc., etc.

2 hours ago, xXDeadsinxX said:

They made the RNG insanely hard because they worked so hard on the Plains and want players to be in the plains grinding for something for a long time, because they worked hard on the plains.

And that is a point which make me play less (in the plains). I´ll maybe rank up Ostron. Quills and the tied in (Operator) Focus? Nah, not unless they will have a decent option to gain Focus and Standing for the Quills.

Sure, they have adjusted some things. But this Time DE really went too far with the grind (especially with all that RNG and waiting Time (Eidolon Cores, Fish and Mining inside the grind). You never know which Time it is. Instead of 120 & 60 minutes they choosed 110 & 50? Why?

Edited by Neothel

16 minutes ago, Neothel said:

Sure, they have adjusted some things. But this Time DE really went too far with the grind (especially with all that RNG and waiting Time (Eidolon Cores, Fish and Mining inside the grind). You never know which Time it is. Instead of 120 & 60 minutes they choosed 110 & 50? Why?

Much as i criticize PoE, this part I understand (and it's 100 minutes day, 50 night). They basically detached the day-night cycle from our 24 hour system, so even if someone has a very restricted time period to play each day, let's say 9pm - 10pm, the Plains will still sometimes be day and sometimes be night during that time period each day.

25 minutes ago, Madotsuki said:

Much as i criticize PoE, this part I understand (and it's 100 minutes day, 50 night). They basically detached the day-night cycle from our 24 hour system, so even if someone has a very restricted time period to play each day, let's say 9pm - 10pm, the Plains will still sometimes be day and sometimes be night during that time period each day.

So why not, give players the option to play what time of the day they want? Need to kill eidolon? play as night, need some fish that spawn in the day? play as day...

To those saying it removes PoE experiences. i Say personal conveniences out-weights PoE experiences. No conveniences =/= experience worn't be big or have much impact.

Unfortunately, this trend of increasing grind is not just problem of Plains and it bothers me even more that this all started to get considerably worse after Chinese did their small invasion into gaming. Don't get me wrong, I like this update, I just feel there are things that could be way better/fair and things that should never happen. It's not out for long and look how much toxicity it rises within community. You would have expected hotfix every hour or two (which is fine by me, it shows they are serious about Plains) but nothing, it's like we are forced to play on bugged map while new update (22.1.0???) with tons of fixes it being made.

Edited by CoreXCZ

5 hours ago, k05h said:

Did you really expect an open world huge map add-on to the game that is way more than just a few more tilesets is working flawlessly right from the start? The match-making and extraction is terrible but the rest on the plains works like charm. I think they did a very good job from the mechanical point of view. Run'n'gun, enemy spawn, sound and visuals are top notch.

Matchmaking in a pseudo open world is new to Warframe and they need time to fix it or adjust it.

Archwing in PoE is far from perfect but it is working for a quick fly back to the base. And it does work better than sharkwing or the rush mode on Corpus ships. Here also, give them a bit of time. 

That is my general advice: wait 3-4 weeks and then start enjoying it. Most bugs will be ironed out, the economy will scale better and you will have plenty of guides how to farm what the most efficient way. 

It is not as good as Harrow's quest or as intriguing as Octavias's but it more fleshed out than the old quest like Limbo or Mirage.

Honestly try to see the things they did good. 

Yeah I really HOPE that they have enough PEOPLE working on updates, that they SEE things like reusable blueprints, item costs, not working quests, and awful rep locked crafting of additional stuff. That this team really makes it with actually listening to people.

This is not about seeing "good", but giving them a sense of knowing, that they CAN'T just release unfinished, unbiased stuff and hope that all will be good. They can't punish people with testing, and then change things like it was a'ok.

Also, everything working like a charm? Are you kidding me? Mechanical points are just repeating all same type of mission again, and bugged as hell, being so few.

And as an older player, I am bashing at things, which were present years ago, and are rotating to be present again. They had almost hit the golden spot, and declined from that to mindless rng again. This is NOT what I expect from DE and Warframe. Live with it.