Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Any information about "The Sacrifice", the next cinematic quest ?

AnthonypointB

1 minute ago, toto1511 said:

And is this a quest that just introduce a Warframe (Umbra) like the Octavia quest or Gara ? Or is this a real main quest in the story like The War Withind and The Second Dream ?

As far as we know, both. It's about the umbra frame(s) and is also a main story quest. Iirc this quest is supposed to focus on what the frames are.

Other than that it's mainly speculation. Most believe it has something to do with the tower in PoE, and will finally prove or disprove warframe sentience. 

All we know is that it is going to be in U23 and its going to be the third part of the main story line like The Second Dream and The War Within. Instead of being focused on the operators the focus is going to shift to the warframes now. It is going to feature a new line of warframes with Excalibur Umbra being the first. There will be other Umbra warframes in the future but every warframe won't get an umbra variant unlike what they do with primes. Umbra warframes are supposed to get these new abilities other than just increased stats.

Edited by Duckboy3825

14 minutes ago, Miser_able said:

As far as we know, both. It's about the umbra frame(s) and is also a main story quest. Iirc this quest is supposed to focus on what the frames are.

Other than that it's mainly speculation. Most believe it has something to do with the tower in PoE, and will finally prove or disprove warframe sentience. 

13 minutes ago, Duckboy3825 said:

All we know is that it is going to be in U23 and its going to be the third part of the main story line like The Second Dream and The War Within. Instead of being focused on the operators the focus is going to shift to the warframes now. It is going to feature a new line of warframes with Excalibur Umbra being the first. There will be other Umbra warframes in the future but every warframe won't get an umbra variant unlike what they do with primes. Umbra warframes are supposed to get these new abilities other than just increased stats.

Ok, thanks for your quick answer !

Any ideas about it’s release ?

It is indeed the next cincematic quest and added on to our current big quests such as The Second Dream and The War Within. However, we have no idea when DE will add it into the game. Plains of Eidolon is their main focus as of currently, which makes sense. DE have stated that they started working on the Venus open world, so who honestly knows what they will do next.

I’m going to take a wild guess that The Sacrifice will be added in 2018.

3 minutes ago, bad4youLT said:

if it isint obviuose to some when I dont know what to say els

Hide contents

DE usualy takes a year + to make cinemetic quests , remember how long it tooed to make prevs ones ?

Uh, no they don't? Depending on where you define the beginning, the War Within took anywhere from 4-8 months to complete, and most of that was story disagreements. The Second Dream took even less than that.

Now, I fully expect Umbra to release next year, simply because it's most likely the biggest update in terms of lore, and they've already been slogging away at it for more than a year now.

The Sacrifice will most likely be another hell of delay (actually it's one already coz we have been waiting Umbra for 2 years), plus the buggy mess called PoE, if they are going to make PoE at least playable then I don't think they can start the work on The Sacrifice before end of 2017.

Edited by Marvelous_A

4 hours ago, xXDeadsinxX said:

It is indeed the next cincematic quest and added on to our current big quests such as The Second Dream and The War Within. However, we have no idea when DE will add it into the game. Plains of Eidolon is their main focus as of currently, which makes sense. DE have stated that they started working on the Venus open world, so who honestly knows what they will do next.

I’m going to take a wild guess that The Sacrifice will be added in 2018.

I think it will be release at the end of 2017 just like The War Within and The Second Dream because they start to talk about it before April

Just now, toto1511 said:

I think it will be release at the end of 2017 just like The War Within and The Second Dream because they start to talk about it before April

As of currently, they are still working on the Plains of Eidolon. Once DE is done with PoE they will likely work on the quest, they’ve barely started on it from the last we’ve heard about them talking about it. I’m going to guess 2018.

20 hours ago, xXDeadsinxX said:

As of currently, they are still working on the Plains of Eidolon. Once DE is done with PoE they will likely work on the quest, they’ve barely started on it from the last we’ve heard about them talking about it. I’m going to guess 2018.

They can put PoE on standby while working on a big project for the end of the year,

We've seen it already by the past (hello archwing)

On 10/23/2017 at 8:08 AM, bad4youLT said:

if it isint obviuose to some when I dont know what to say els

Hide contents

DE usualy takes a year + to make cinemetic quests , remember how long it tooed to make prevs ones ?

Well, I would beg to differ. I mean, it's very well possible that it will be arriving some time in 2018 which is what I would not be hoping for, but it's what I would be expecting. 

Now if you watch the Sacrifice trailer, at the bottom is says 2016. This is likely the year they'd started making the quest. It is rumored (Maybe proven as fact, but who am I to say?) that it had work started on it before Plains of Eidolon. So there's that bit. Either way, my hopes are Christmas time, my expectations are 2018.

• 2 weeks later...

Dev Stream said coming next year.
Steve said, We ill see it is only November after all.

More than likely not - the Cinematics department seems they have their hands full with marketing>
For a story mission you need the cinematics people.

Programmers are busy pushing the console build. 

So until Cinematics Team is Free and Programmers are Free - sacrifice quest will not even be looked at for a second.
We also got the new infested PoE event coming up, and the art team is still working on the Zaw infested weapons.

So basically everyone is busy.