Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Covert Lethality needs to go, or get reworked.

Hixlysss

Covert Lethality is, due to limitations on swearing, a horrible mod. It's potentially the worst melee mod ever in warframe. We JUST got a new dagger stance, is anyone really going to care when we have Covert Lethality which makes every finisher kill 100% lethal? Dagger rivens are completely worthless because Covert Lethality exists. It almost reaches the point of "Why use any other melee? Covert Lethality makes it so everything dies!" 

Now aside from just out right removing the mod there are fixes that can be done, simply replacing the part of the mod that makes finishers lethal with either a simple boost to finisher damage, like 200%, or have every melee hit with it have a chance to open the enemy up to a finisher. Or even both. Just remove the 100% lethality from the mod, please.

Side note, make Covert Lethality, once changed, apply to dual daggers as well.

2 minutes ago, Dod-Regnbue said:

They might not have to remove it if they increased the content level.

Let' have a planet that starts at level 100, or maybe even 1000. One hitting enemies might not be a problem if they one hit you back . . . .

"Let me equip ivara and press 3. I win the game now :>"

20 minutes ago, Hixlysss said:

"Why use any other melee? Covert Lethality makes it so everything dies!" 

Because other weapons do it faster.

Why would I equip a Covert Lethality Dagger when my Atterax can kill 20+ Sortie level enemies in one spin attack?

Add to that the fact that any of my frames can use a spin-2-win Atterax build to some extent, but only certain frames with certain builds can use Covert Lethality effectively.

In fact, of the 6-8 frames that can use it effectively, most of them have to sacrifice parts of their kit in order to make it viable.

Also, why would I build Banshee, Valkyr, or Ivara for Covert Lethality Daggers when I can make much better builds that can kill enemies faster?

Covert Lethality is in a good position, as it adds in the assassin-like functionality that daggers otherwise lack.

I agree that Dual Daggers need something to make them useful also, though. Perhaps a similar augment that causes all stealth damage to be taken as finisher damage? This would allow for faster kills on semi-alert enemies while you are invisible/they are blinded.

I rarely see someone using it. And nearly every player prefers to use any other melee.. cause with blood rush and other Combo Counter mods it is quite easy to reach lvl 500+ and still kill them easily .. 

So NO there is no reason to nerf this mod or delete it's 100% finisherkill potential. 

Covert Lethality mod is absolutely the best dagger mod. Rivens are still good as long as you roll proper stats on them. 
A dagger is short, single target, low damage weapon. It's only power is the fast attacks and this mod allowing you to finish prone enemies.
There is many other, much stronger and much better weapons than daggers.

Also there are examples of warframes taking a huge impact on this mod being eventually removed or nerfed - Ash for example. His 3rd ability will be close to useless at later lvls. While now, it helps a lot, yet is not broken.

So no. Covert Lethality should stay as it is.
But that is just my opinion. =3

1 minute ago, maj.death said:

Unless you have half a clue and never get shot at because invisibility.

Arson Exemi will trigger their AoE regardless of seeing you. If they see someone nearby die, they will trigger the AoE. If you bump into one, they will trigger the AoE. If you miss the finisher prompt on them and do a normal attack by mistake, they will trigger the AoE. And they can trigger the AoE even when asleep/stunned/ragdolled.

Covert Lethality is a one-target attack, everywhere where you don't ABSOLUTELY need to have that one poor F*** gone right now any other tactic will work better. The only exception would probably be that mods coupled with Fatal Teleport, Fatal Teleport buffs finisher damage by itself so you don't really need CL anymore.

28 minutes ago, Hixlysss said:

We JUST got a new dagger stance, is anyone really going to care when we have Covert Lethality which makes every finisher kill 100% lethal?

RIIIIIIIIGHT, because I'd definitely want to cut my blades of grass one at a freaking time rather than just take a @(*()$ pair of shears and get it done quicker. Covert is fine.

Also, how much of a masochist must you be to request a tileset with enemies surpassing max Sortie level enemies, tenfold, by default? Like, c'mon. 

So we get a 100dmg buff overall, possibly the hardest hitting mod other than PPP/PP and can actually buff more than just 120% or so. The stipulation to one shot is to Stealth finisher kill an enemy, something impossible to do without Sleeping or striking unaware enemies. DAGGERS ARE ASSASSIN WEAPONS. Get that though your head, kiddo. It's plenty good enough as it is. Deal with it.

16 minutes ago, (PS4)urkonse said:

one hitting enemies with it doesnt matter because the kill rate is slow and requires stealth/Finisher power etc.....Lenz or Plasmor will boom the whole group faster than CL kills one enemy.

Implying one flavor of power creep is better than any other

34 minutes ago, Hixlysss said:

It's potentially the worst melee mod ever in warframe.

I have found one use for it so far. 

When you get a Riven Mod with challenges that require stealth finishers or a number of kills without being detected.

Ivara Prowl plus Covert Dagger.

Aside from that, yeah, it is pretty pointless. 

35 minutes ago, Hixlysss said:

"Why use any other melee? Covert Lethality makes it so everything dies!" 

Because killing everything with stealth finishers is boring and time consuming. I do not consider this a viable option on any mission really. 

I don't see any reason why covert lethality should be removed. I do use it from time to time but due to the nature of warframe, it's not my go to mod. The fact that it one shots any enemy doesn't make it the best thing in warframe because you're not fighting just one enemy at a time and dealing with 20 enemies with this would take a lot longer than with may just an Orthos or Lesion. And those are just some melee choices. Covert Lethality is situation and is still based on player preference. 

I would agree with you for the carpal tunnel inducing Maiming Strikes, and all the abuses it can cause.

Covert Lethality is fine, and I'm only using a Covert Lethality dagger build on Inaros because of Desiccation.  The only other melee builds I'm using are either Blood Rush based builds, Redeemer on a Hushed Invisibility Loki (mostly for the lulz), or Warframe specific builds (like an EB Excalibur Mire).  For the Inaros build, I'm running the Karyst (fashion frame > BIS), the Akstiletto Prime, and a Primary that makes sense for the mission as that helps me slog through most of the sortie combinations.

IMO mods like Covert Lethality are far better for Warframe than Maiming Strikes and Bloodrush are.

Edited by Almagnus1

35 minutes ago, armedpoop said:

What does covert lethality being changed do for you exactly? 

As others have stated in this thread, yeah it kills in one shot, but its slow and inefficient in anything outside of specific setups or frames. 

Because it gives me a reason to use them again, to use other stances and rivens. Why bother with stances or rivens for the dagger when CL is just superior? That's why it needs to change.

Alternatively, using your own argument, it's slow and ineffcient, why SHOULDN'T it be changed if it's crappy? Just make it give it's damage boost + finisher damage(making it useful on ground finishers as well).

2 hours ago, Hixlysss said:

Because it gives me a reason to use them again, to use other stances and rivens. Why bother with stances or rivens for the dagger when CL is just superior? That's why it needs to change.

Alternatively, using your own argument, it's slow and ineffcient, why SHOULDN'T it be changed if it's crappy? Just make it give it's damage boost + finisher damage(making it useful on ground finishers as well).

Because as crappy as it is, it has its USES still. Just like Mag and Oberon have their uses. If CL was changed, it would be a worthless mod most likely. Nothing stops you from NOT using it, or even putting it in builds. That 100 extra damage is actually really good.