Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

FIX for most Update Failed! and Launcher Errors!

Phazerade

Can you at least give detailed instructions??? I can't find anything you're talking about and this is getting extremely frustrating. Especially the fact that warframe can't update like any other normal game it seems.

For anyone still encountering this error it could be because you have been IP banned, this can be for several reasons but I was banned for trying too many redeem codes for creator sigils. Anyways the best way of getting rid of this error is to message DE support and ask them to unban your account. I got a message around 30 minutes later explaining that they ban people for trying too many codes because of the chance it could be bots spamming endless possibilities in order to get things such as free plat I guess. I got unbanned 30 minutes after the reply so yeah. Maybe contact support and give your account name and ask if they have IP banned you wrongly for suspicious behavior? 

Edited by Boneless_Jack

I did everything but i still can't update my game. I did it by accident one time before and was able to play it (don't know how i did it), but now again i can't download the sacrifice update. I really want to play the game and i tried everything. I even bought platinum. Feels really bad.

I'm reinstalling my windows 10 to see if that fixes it. This is the last resort for me.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2017-10-24 at 5:04 AM, Phazerade said:

I have been searching for this fix day and night for roughly 30 hours now and finally got it to work!

If you have been having Bad Image! or Update Failed! errors, this will likely get you back into the game.

If this dosent fix the Launcher for you I apologize, but this is kind of a last resort kind of deal.

Type "uninstall" into your search bar, "Add and Remove Programs" should pop up. Click it.

Type "Visual" into the search bar and several Microsoft Visual C++ 20XX Redistributables should pop up. If they dont you probably have to install them, the lack of proper C++ Redistributables is causing the error for most people. This is often caused by a faulty system update (Thanks Microsoft!) or fooling around with sys32 files by accident.

Starting at 2010 forward (2010-2015 usually), click each and select "Modify" (you may need to right click on each depending on operating system).

Select "Repair" on each window for each one (only repair one at a time, each one should take 5-30 seconds).

Once you have repaired each, run Command Prompt as an administrator and type "sfc /scannow" (no quotes). This will scan your core files and make sure everything looks good.

Restart your computer (the repairs will have no effect until you restart) and re-run the Warframe launcher. It should work.

If this fails, try repairing the C++ Redistributables previous to 2010, then if that dosent work uninstalling and reinstalling each (2010+) off of the OFFICIAL Microsoft website, never download important sys32 files from outside sources.

Unfortunately, it still doesn't work. Still shows "Update failed. Some content updates could not be downloaded from our servers". I did the method you described step by step, but no results. I uninstalled and reinstalled the game before this and then tried your method. Pls send help, im tired of waiting for a fix. Hopefully, this is just DE servers and they will fix it after the devstream today.

For most of people it is a IP address issue.Issues with c++ redist is tied to windows update,usually if you don't have latest update.But if it is issue with Warframe it should be issue with every other games too.I have Warface and Destiny 2 installed and they run just fine.

My proposal to all people that have that : Login failed.Check your info message and can't log in for days now(as me) shouldn't touch anything.You are more likely to mess up your pc then to fix Warframe.This seems to be server side. Last time it happened on beginning of this month I didn't touch anything and Warframe started to work all by itself after 5 days.So be patient and wait.

On 2018-07-12 at 11:21 PM, GamezombieLP said:

FIX FOUNDED
---
You need to use VPN
Best I found working well is:

Psiphon

But you can't still login.

I wouldnt call it a fix.Most of VPN services are not free and ones that are free ussualy are trial versions or with very limited amount of data.Last time this happened I used vpn and conection was very bad.I mostly had "Network not responding " message.Maybe it works better for someone who has vpn server in same country as they live in.

I think DE should really check their hardware soon.

• 1 month later...
On 2017-12-08 at 7:35 PM, horror143 said:

I have been constantly been getting this issue. But I can update through a VPN. But this time I ran out of data on the free VPN I was using and I'm not spending money to play a F2P game because the game won't update. Please fix the issue. I have tried most of the suggestions above including the "c++ repair" but it just doesn't seem to work. And no I don't have an IP ban. 

Update: Turning off bulk download and Direct X 10 and 11 from the launcher settings made it update...

usually these kinds of VPNs apps that have limited MBs to use are a "uninstall the reinstall" kind of apps, so just uninstall the VPN app and use the free amount of download again and again

• 1 month later...

Bruh my launcher hasn't been updating since Fortuna 2 dropped. I've tried almost everything on this thread - Changing language, changing launcher settings, repairing c++, vpn (which usually works when this happens)... The last two solutions I read are doing a full system scan with bitdefender and if that doesn't work resetting the game cache manually by changing the cache folder name - which essentially sounds like reinstalling the game. This sucks.

• 5 years later...