Temporary sub-forum for Update 30: Call of the Tempestarii ×

Regards to the new exclusive PS4 armor

Well then, I'm sure people have seen this already, but for those that haven't I will post here:  https://www.warframe.com/news/renown-pack-xii-available-now

Not sure what game is being played at here since its clear thats a variation of the targis prime armor, and it actually looks better in some cases, more DE pandering to the console market which really isn't that fair, the PC has not received any exclusive armor that hasn't or will be made available on the console market, and I know people will argue its not a big deal but its not the fact that its exclusive content that is the issue, its the fact its an exclusive armor when they already have exclusives skins, the skins were fine we didn't have to say anything about this, but I'm turning this against DE just like the people on console who complained about tennogen,  it eventually made its way to the PC and wasn't exclusive to the PC market, this is just sending up red flags for me with the whole twitch rewards debacle that's been going on lately.   Now I understand PC has excal prime, however that was a founder reward and a one time thing, there wasn't a release of exclusive armor half a year later,  I really want to believe that this kind of thing won't happen again but Its becoming evident that DE is trying to pander to the console masses.

Edited by Knight_Ex
1 minute ago, Tricky5hift said:

That... Doesn't look anything like Targis Prime...

I said a varient, you can see that it takes the basic design, and basically S#&$s on our design, I would actually rather that one then the targis prime we have :/

Console exclusive cosmetics have been around for a while and the moment they come out with something that strikes your fancy you get all grumpy that its exclusive?

Grow up.

It's the least DE can do to make up for the setback in console updates.

Also for something to be a variation of another thing, it has to somewhat resemble the thing its a variation of.

Again, that looks nothing like Targis Prime to me.

Edited by Tricky5hift
Just now, Tricky5hift said:

Console exclusive cosmetics have been around for a while and the moment they come out with something that strikes your fancy you get all grumpy that its exclusive?

Grow up.

It was skins before, which is fine, but why is it ok to have exclusive  content when everything that was released on the PC has eventually made its way onto the consoles?

sigh.. not this again. pros and cons of PC vs. Console:

PC:

+ gets updates quicker and more frequently

+ has access to platinum discount coupons

+ can run Warframe at higher settings, depending on setup.

- updates have more bugs when initially released

- must use real money Via Steam for Tennogen

Consoles:

+ exclusive Jade/Renown packs

+ Updates are less buggy once they arrive.

+ can use Plat for Tennogen

- updates must be cleaned up and sent to pass certification via Sony/Microsoft, causing them to be released far later overall.

- no access to Platinum discount coupons, must wait for sales.

- delayed access to Prime Access packs due to having to wait for PS Store/Xbox Marketplace to update.

both sides have their advantages and disadvantages. I'd give my left nut to start grinding the Plains content right about now, but we're stuck in a content drought until mid November at the earliest, and there's still no sign of Halloween Tennogen, which will also be appearing on PC first. we have basically nothing to do, we never do when an update arrives on PC, until console gets it later.

between PoE and an Armour set, I know which one I'd rather have. be grateful for what you have.

Just now, ChargeBeam said:

I think it's fine that console players have exclusive armors to make up for the months they go without content updates. We get tons of exclusive stuff too.

Can you name what exclusive armors PC got? I'm actually curious because as I recall everything made its way over to consoles.

1 minute ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

sigh.. not this again. pros and cons of PC vs. Console:

PC:

+ gets updates quicker and more frequently

+ has access to platinum discount coupons

+ can run Warframe at higher settings, depending on setup.

- updates have more bugs when initially released

- must use real money Via Steam for Tennogen

Consoles:

- updates must be cleaned up and sent to pass certification via Sony/Microsoft, causing them to be released far later overall.

- no access to Platinum discount coupons, must wait for sales.

- delayed access to Prime Access packs due to having to wait for PS Store/Xbox Marketplace to update.

both sides have their advantages and disadvantages. I'd give my left nut to start grinding the Plains content right about now, but we're stuck in a content drought until mid November at the earliest, and there's still no sign of Halloween Tennogen, which will also be appearing on PC first. we have basically nothing to do, we never do when an update arrives on PC, until console gets it later.

between PoE and an Armour set, I know which one I'd rather have. be grateful for what you have.

Thats not the point Im trying to make, again its the fact that its exclusive thats the issue here, and it always starts off as small things, first skins, now armors, next weapons...then warframes....etc etc.....just look at any game that has gone on multiplatforms.

If consoles didn't have exclusive cosmetics, then what would be the point of playing on console instead of on PC?

And they're just cosmetics made to represent the console. They're not like Tennogen where actual players who could possibly play on either platform create.

Honestly, who cares about exclusive stuff anyways. It's all virtual and literally none of it actually matters.

Edited by Tricky5hift

Doesn't NVIDIA have some sort of partnership with DE? They could just release a NVIDIA colored armor collection but that may look too much like Xbox coloration for comfort. In regards to my opinion on one platform having exclusive content over another, it's purely cosmetic and offers no real advantage other than looking better than another platform. Now if it was exclusive items that offered an advantage, I could see a point to being upset but then again fashion frame is the true endgame, right?

Edit: Yes, it says PSN but I do also play on PC and Xbox so I just wanted to clarify before the fact that it says "PSN Member" is used as a "Of course you're siding with console because..." statement is made. I prefer full controller support so I choose to play on PSN more than the other 2 platforms.

Edited by (PS4)Daiomeshi
Clarification needed
1 minute ago, Knight_Ex said:

Thats not the point Im trying to make, again its the fact that its exclusive thats the issue here, and it always starts off as small things, first skins, now armors, next weapons...then warframes....etc etc.....just look at any game that has gone on multiplatforms.

Consoles are less popular overall and we don’t need another PC master race rant. Consoles get exclusive stuff because consoles are generally less popular or profitable so exclusivity draws the attention of people like you who hopefully gets convinced to join the consoles.

Just now, Knight_Ex said:

you're making a huge song and dance over nothing, as @Tricky5hift said, we've had exclusives for ages, and PC has had exclusive stuff too: Rubedo Rhino should ring a few bells amongst PC players, and steam had a couple of exclusive skins as well IIRC.

weapons and frames will never be exclusive to console as they are tied to MR and thus the progression curve of the game. you're overreacting and using Hyperbole. relax the calamity that is your mammaries, it's just a bit of glowy armour.

....tennogen stuff was moved to the console remember? because of complaints from the playerbase  because of PC having access to exclusive content.

That's because players from all platform can contribute to Tennogen so it was only fair to bring it over to console.

This exclusive stuff is just marketing for either console. Nobody really cares except for you apparently.

7 minutes ago, Tricky5hift said:

Grow up.

It's the least DE can do to make up for the setback in console updates

Yeah lmao now let's cry you get updates mostly without bugs and don't have to play with atrocious PoE "econimy" on release and stuff like that.

Consoles:

Have "sales" or whatever that is on the market instead of platinum discounts.

If you don't count it as a plus idk what the hell that is then.

I feel you, Knight.

If cosmetics are important to you, like me, this offering caught you flat-footed.  We both want it but it stings...my wallet and your heartstrings.

Hopefully a universal alt will be offered down the line.

Timed exclusives with minor variations would solve the issue.

I'm also pret-ty sure it was Sony and Microsoft's decision to have DE make exclusive stuff for their console. Same way how Sony got Destiny to give exclusive non-cosmetic items to PS4/PS3 players only Activision was low enough to actually agree to that.

This is all just a marketing scheme from either side to try to get players to play the game on their shiny black box.

6 minutes ago, -Temp0- said:

Have "sales" or whatever that is on the market instead of platinum discounts.

If you don't count it as a plus idk what the hell that is then.

The discount coupon only applies to certain items, not everything and last I checked TennoGen does not get that discount if you get a market discount coupon. It has it's ups and downs, but nothing like how PC is with up to 75% plat discount and getting 4,300 plat for $50 instead of $200.

1 minute ago, Tricky5hift said:

I'm also pret-ty sure it was Sony and Microsoft's decision to have DE make exclusive stuff for their console. Same way how Sony got Destiny to give exclusive non-cosmetic items to PS4/PS3 players only Activision was low enough to actually agree to that.

heh, and as an unfortunate Year 1 Destiny player I remember that well. Hawkmoon was an exclusive for ages, I loved the thing to bits but it cause SOOOO much salt with Xbox users on the Bungie forums. 'twas a mighty flame war that raged that day.. nobody got out un-singed.

on topic though, this really is much ado about nothing, I've seen Xbox get some sweet Jade skins but that's their business, and they probably want some of ours as well, but it's all just marketing at the end of the day.

That armor does not look better than Targis Prime armor. No armor looks better than Targis Prime armor. Targis Prime armor is still king!

It's ok if consoles get some cosmetic exclusives. Also, I think it looks ugly...