Jump to content
Temporary sub-forum for Update 30: Call of the Tempestarii ×

Regards to the new exclusive PS4 armor


Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, Knight_Ex said:

Its becoming evident that DE is trying to pander to the console masses

 

Please name another instance of something like this happening. As far as I've seen, there hasn't been any indication of console nepotism in the past - distant or recent (especially given the fact this is the very first time a console is getting an exclusive mesh armor). To be quite honest, this sounds like tinfoil hatting to me.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, (PS4)Yes-Man-Kablaam said:

Pc currently has 1 exclusive frame and 2 exclusive weapons that won't ever exist on consoles.

I wouldn't say that those are "PC exclusives" since the items you're referring to are exclusive to a small group of players, and not even PC players can't get them now. Don't mix stuff.

14 minutes ago, (PS4)Silverback73 said:

An entire line of battle-damaged Tennogen for starters?

Iirc, tennogen artists are the ones who decide of their items make it to consoles or not. At least with the first waves (before the simultaneous releases attempts started)

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, ----Legacy---- said:

I wouldn't say that those are "PC exclusives" since the items you're referring to are exclusive to a small group of players, and not even PC players can't get them now. Don't mix stuff.

Renown packs on the PS4 are a limited run thing, not everything is brought back, so in a way, similar to Rhino Rubedo skin and Vauban Phased skin. The newest skin that's exclusive on PC is an Excalibur skin if you buy a pack on Steam that has it.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I heard someone  respond to a similar matter when DE introduced the Twitch prime exclusive sydana, it wasn't that big a deal and people were ranting it was just a temporary promotion with twitch, now we have a full blown twitch promotion that is ongoing with exclusive content be it only cosmetic stuff, again always starts small, I know people claim this is a mountain out of a molehill but when that molehill turns out to be a sinkhole then worries are justified, but I like the idea that someone mentioned about a nvidia themed armor set, maybe DE will take that into consideration.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, ----Legacy---- said:

I wouldn't say that those are "PC exclusives" since the items you're referring to are exclusive to a small group of players, and not even PC players can't get them now. Don't mix stuff.

Iirc, tennogen artists are the ones who decide of their items make it to consoles or not. At least with the first waves (before the simultaneous releases attempts started)

You can try and convolute with the "because reasons" argument, but the "why" doesn't matter.

I was FF chatting with a PC user about Chroma Drevni and he said he likes his other skin better, from the "battle-damaged" line of Tennogen.

Initially I was excited.  But it was exclusive to PC.  RIP...reasons don't matter.

Edited by (PS4)Silverback73
Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Knight_Ex said:

Thats not the point Im trying to make, again its the fact that its exclusive thats the issue here, and it always starts off as small things, first skins, now armors, next weapons...then warframes....etc etc.....just look at any game that has gone on multiplatforms.

75% plat discount is exclusive to pc version, updates come WAAAY earlier on pc version, steam skin from back then was/ is still pc exclusive (to my knowledge), etc.

I don't see the problem here, hell if anything this might be the small motivational incentive that console players need/ want to stick to their preferred console. Case in point, my cousin plays the game on her PS4, wanted to swap to pc but can't yet doesn't want to lose all her progress and the little things like this are what deters her from regretting her choice.

Twitch prime promotion being fullblown thing as an argument had its merits but everything (bar the syandana) can be gotten ingame anyways, for ALL platforms. And you actually have to link accounts, spend time "watching" partner broadcasts, etc. I'm willing to agree the system is like a bonked "reward x player for not really playing the game" thing but to criticize it in relation to exclusivity issue in its entirety for a syandana and something as simple as nabbing your free twitch prime sub and nabbing the syandana is kinda moot since everybody can potentially have it. 

It ain't like they're making a frame/ weapon/ actual interactive content locked behind a console, so why the over sensitivity? If exclusives are getting you all hot and bothered and yet you can abide timed exclusive content like the original snipetron/ etc then I got nothing.....

Edited by Tsardova
Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, ChargeBeam said:

I think it's fine that console players have exclusive armors to make up for the months they go without content updates. We get tons of exclusive stuff too.

It's fine... until they get something cool.

Them's the rules.  We don't write them, the masses do.

Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, SurrealEdge said:

Renown packs on the PS4 are a limited run thing, not everything is brought back, so in a way, similar to Rhino Rubedo skin and Vauban Phased skin. The newest skin that's exclusive on PC is an Excalibur skin if you buy a pack on Steam that has it.

I'm sure I've seen some [DE] staff members once or twice posting of renown packs coming back, one of these was even with a poll to see what players wanted to return. You shouldn't forget that Rubedo and Phased skins can still be obtained by buying them to another player who owns it, so their exclusivity not only lies in the platform thede were made for, but also in the limited amount of copies of these skins. The excalibur one is a different topic since it's being handled on a similar way to console packs.

 PS: Since the quoted part of my post was replying to another player claiming that PC has exclusivity on 2 weapons and 1 frame, you may have mixed my response and then quoted the wrong part of my text before replying.

-----"line to avoid further confusion"-----

26 minutes ago, (PS4)Silverback73 said:

You can try and convolute with the "because reasons" argument, but the "why" doesn't matter.

So, you won't listen to reasons? Reasons actually can make a big difference; while the tennogen artists whose work hasn't been added to consoles may change their minds about it and let them be released there, I'm sure MS/Sony won't change their minds about prestige/renown packs ever, just like valve won't do for the excalibur skin.

Edited by ----Legacy----
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, (PS4)ArtPrince17 said:

Exclusive PC items....

Excalibur Prime

Lato Prime

Skana Prime

Excalibur Prime Glyph

Again, those are founder exclusives, PC players can't get them now and the only reason why consoles can't get it is because the pack was taken out of market before warframe made it to consoles AND sony/ms refused to migrate exclusive items from which they wouldn't get any profit.

12 minutes ago, (PS4)ArtPrince17 said:

Twitch PC Exclusive Skin

Wait, since twitch account linking works on PC and consoles, shouldn't Excal twitch skin be available for consoles as well? I wonder if anyone on consoles has at least sent a ticket to support asking about it or at least tried to buy it.

14 minutes ago, (PS4)ArtPrince17 said:

Early Updates

Which translates to exclusive bugs and economy issues with which consoles will never have to deal.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ----Legacy---- said:

Wait, since twitch account linking works on PC and consoles, shouldn't Excal twitch skin be available for consoles as well? I wonder if anyone on consoles has at least sent a ticket to support asking about it or at least tried to buy it.

Nope, in fact, I didn't even know the skin was in the drop table, I thought it was something PC players got for just linking their regular Twitch accounts. I've been going around and haven't seen one person yet with an Excalibur Twitch skin. And let's not forget all the other Steam and PC Exclusive skins while we're at it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, (PS4)ArtPrince17 said:

Nope, in fact, I didn't even know the skin was in the drop table, I thought it was something PC players got for just linking their regular Twitch accounts. I've been going around and haven't seen one person yet with an Excalibur Twitch skin. And let's not forget all the other Steam and PC Exclusive skins while we're at it.

It's not. It's only available by buying the pack on twitch, which is PC exclusive.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, (PS4)ArtPrince17 said:

Nope, in fact, I didn't even know the skin was in the drop table, I thought it was something PC players got for just linking their regular Twitch accounts. I've been going around and haven't seen one person yet with an Excalibur Twitch skin. And let's not forget all the other Steam and PC Exclusive skins while we're at it.

again skins, not armor, I mentioned this way early on that we don't have exclusive armor not skins.

Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, ----Legacy---- said:

I'm sure I've seen some [DE] staff members once or twice posting of renown packs coming back, one of these was even with a poll to see what players wanted to return. You shouldn't forget that Rubedo and Phased skins can still be obtained by buying them to another player who owns it, so their exclusivity not only lies in the platform thede were made for, but also in the limited amount of copies of these skins. The excalibur one is a different topic since it's being handled on a similar way to console packs.

 PS: Since the quoted part of my post was replying to another player claiming that PC has exclusivity on 2 weapons and 1 frame, you may have mixed my response and then quoted the wrong part of my text before replying.

-----"line to avoid further confusion"-----

So, you won't listen to reasons? Reasons actually can make a big difference; while the tennogen artists whose work hasn't been added to consoles may change their minds about it and let them be released there, I'm sure MS/Sony won't change their minds about prestige/renown packs ever, just like valve won't do for the excalibur skin.

You are now resorting to hypotheticals.  I referenced an entire line of Tennogen skins that were exclusive to PC in answer to a direct question.

I'm sorry if you don't like that it compromised the framework you were trying to use to set up your argument.

I was simply giving you a legit example.

Were it up to me, I'd want you to have that skin.  Keeping vets happy trumps exclusivity by a wide margin in my book.

Except Excal Prime.  He is untouchable.

Edited by (PS4)Silverback73
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, (PS4)ArtPrince17 said:

Nope, in fact, I didn't even know the skin was in the drop table, I thought it was something PC players got for just linking their regular Twitch accounts.

It's not in the drop table for the event, it can be bought from the channel of any streamer to support them through twitch. The only thing PC players get just for linking a twitch account is the syandana.

3 minutes ago, (PS4)ArtPrince17 said:

And let's not forget all the other Steam and PC Exclusive skins while we're at it.

It's just Phased (Asa, Vauban, Vasto, Akvasto, Tigris and Ankyros); Rubedo (Rhino, Yamako, Galatine, Drakgoon, Viper) and Onyx Excal and none of these can be obtained without a steam account. Everything else has either been ported to consoles already or could be sent there any time in the future.

Btw, rubedo and phased skins being limited in number makes some of them get to absurd prices in the market, for example, there are only 10 copies of viper rubedo skin, and the lowest price is 115 USD, making it really exclusive even between PC players.

Link to post
Share on other sites

To be fair steam did get their own exclusive skin much like the jade and renown ones. Maybe they'll make an armor set next, iunno? Pc also has that dual split sword skin and twitch excal skin iirc.

If you wanna cry about a single armor set, then, should i start a thread on rubedo and phased skins as well? /S

But seriously though, it's not content locking, let them make money any way they want as long as it keeps the game free.

 

Edit : i really can't see any resemblance with targis other then it is somewhat a bulky armor tbh

Edited by (PS4)watt4hem
Link to post
Share on other sites

As mentioned PC has far more advantages over the console in my opinion. Heck we get new updates much faster. POE hits while console players can only watch videos of us PC players playing it. Still maybe a month away from them. One exclusive skin and even you want that. 

Don't be that kid who has all the toys but sees another with that one toy you don't have and go all jealous. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, (PS4)Silverback73 said:

You are now resorting to hypotheticals.  I referenced an entire line of Tennogen skins that were exclusive to PC in answer to a direct question.

I'm sorry if you don't like that it compromised the framework you were trying to use to set up your argument.

I was simply giving you a legit example.

Were it up to me, I'd want you to have that skin.  Keeping vets happy trumps exclusivity by a wide margin in my book.

Except Excal Prime.  He is untouchable.

Still, I just checked in game and both, rhino and chroma "destroyed" skins are from the same artist who did Chroma Drevni, so i think it's possible for them to be added later to consoles and trump their exclusivity. However I'm not sure about how could DE handle skins that didn't sell enough on PC to have a chance of being ported to consoles or those cases where the artist refused to allow their work porting because of whatever reasons.

Was it up to me, exclusivity wouldn't a thing either, however, marketing from MS/Sony/Valve won't agree with us, reason why DE can only keep doing exclusives once in a while to keep them allowing warframe in their stores.

Excal prime is an issue on it's own, and we may not want to go there again since it's just beating a dead horse.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Mintaro said:

Who cares? You have so many other cosmetics to pick from so why is it so important you want THAT one? This feels like a classic issue of "Since i don't have it i want it."

what is fashionframe? it looks different then anything we have thats why he wants it.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...