The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please Don't Make These Mods Event Exclusive....

Xylia

You don't get to decide whether we get exclusives or not :< and yes it's farming for corruptors because I get 3-4 alphas when i run a xini to wave 15. I will be running this 25 times addition to that just because it's not a indefinite amount of farming it's along the lines of how many runs the average player will do before acquiring what they're farming for.

Hm, how many betas are you getting? I' sure there's a group somewhere that needs betas. That's what's wonderful, you get lots of X, someone else gets lots of Y, you work together. That's what makes this a great co-op event.

And no, I don't decide, but any reason to suggest that DE will make 5 more exclusive mods without telling us (again, despite how upset people got over it)?

Exclusive. Otherwise the events will have less and less participation over time because there is almost no reward.

EVERY game has exclusive event items. If not the mods then what exclusive will people receive?

Edited by Eon89

Exclusive. Otherwise the events will have less and less participation over time because there is almost no reward.

except for the fact you get it early, and only have to farm X number of times, compared farming a random amount of time in the future.

Don't get me wrong, there should be SOME events with exclusives, but they should be cosmetic rewards (i.e. a small color pack, a reskinned mod that adds an effect of some kind, a badge, etc)

e

edit: Of course, I'm assuming the mods will be rare (mostly). They'd be a pretty poor reward if they were common and uncommons.

Edited by KvotheTheArcane1

Hey I'm not telling them to give us exclusives but I'm just saying that if they chose to make them exclusive people shouldn't be going down their throats about it again. They were given enough time and clear objectives on how to obtain everything if they missed their opportunity that's their fault, all I'm saying.

Hey I'm not telling them to give us exclusives but I'm just saying that if they chose to make them exclusive people shouldn't be going down their throats about it again. They were given enough time and clear objectives on how to obtain everything if they missed their opportunity that's their fault, all I'm saying.

Eh, if they give us notice before hand sure. Never nice to find out X or Y is exclusive randomly.

Eh, if they give us notice before hand sure. Never nice to find out X or Y is exclusive randomly.

This is reasonable, they haven't done a very good job of this in the past. This event though has been flawless so far in just about every detail I'd hate for them to ruin it with something like mis-communication at the end though.

P.S. Don't you ever go to sleep :P

Edited by Hazmatzone

This is reasonable, they haven't done a very good job of this in the past. This event though has been flawless so far in just about every detail I'd hate for them to ruin it with something like mis-communication at the end though.

P.S. Don't you ever go to sleep :P

xD Yeah, exclusives are great, but they just gotta communicate first about it being exclusive (and preferably a cosmetic item)

It's a mod for ammo...chances are 99% of the community will not use this mod as a substitute for another mod such as elemental damage mods.  Why are you crying about this.  Honestly.  You will never use this mod, EVER.

Some people feel like they are entitlted to so much.  Look at the last event.  We ALL got Snipetrons and a majority of us got Snipetron Vandels as a reward for killing a measly 20 Informants.  Yet people are crying because they can't get Primed Chamber?  You got a free weapon with a free potato in a free slot.  Quit your crying.  Especially over a useless mod that is easily replaced by Ammo Box's which can be purchased with credits.

It's a mod for ammo...chances are 99% of the community will not use this mod as a substitute for another mod such as elemental damage mods.  Why are you crying about this.  Honestly.  You will never use this mod, EVER.

Some people feel like they are entitlted to so much.  Look at the last event.  We ALL got Snipetrons and a majority of us got Snipetron Vandels as a reward for killing a measly 20 Informants.  Yet people are crying because they can't get Primed Chamber?  You got a free weapon with a free potato in a free slot.  Quit your crying.  Especially over a useless mod that is easily replaced by Ammo Box's which can be purchased with credits.

It's not about how useful X mod is or isn't, it's mostly (for me) about the fact that if it is exclusive they need to communicate that it is or is not exclusive.

edit: I love how you think I'm being entitled and crying. Great way to argue.

I personally hope that these mods are not exclusive because I would actually like to give them a try. That having been said I more then likely will not get them from the event due to not being able to login since upate 9.2.2.

Without some ammo rebalancing (modifying the max ammo and/or scaling the ammo drops) high ammo consumption weapons will always have the annoying ammo management sub-factor. I wouldn't be surprised to see these mods limited either way though, else the DE team will get less money out of people purchasing omni ammo packs.

Perhaps it'll be like the thunderbolt mod and be available once it doesn't really matter anymore? No idea. It makes sense for some things to be exclusive (closed beta/founders' stuff), like Snipetron as they said they're discontinuing it in the first place. Hopefully a solid conclusion to this mess will be sorted.

By the time that the whiny kids are whining about how the mods should not be exclusive , other people would have finished 25 runs . Getting all mods is not even as 1/100 hard as getting the mod from the drone event

Edited by Frostmire

Without some ammo rebalancing (modifying the max ammo and/or scaling the ammo drops) high ammo consumption weapons will always have the annoying ammo management sub-factor. I wouldn't be surprised to see these mods limited either way though, else the DE team will get less money out of people purchasing omni ammo packs.

Perhaps it'll be like the thunderbolt mod and be available once it doesn't really matter anymore? No idea. It makes sense for some things to be exclusive (closed beta/founders' stuff), like Snipetron as they said they're discontinuing it in the first place. Hopefully a solid conclusion to this mess will be sorted.

Problem with snipetron was that they didn't actually announce they were discontinuing it until they'd taken it away. Thankfully they had the foresight to give it to those who participated in the event.

By the time that the whiny kids are whining about how the mods should not be exclusive , other people would have finished 25 runs

...Or everyone has already finished their 25. I've got mine, still plan on helping out tomorrow, but why should these mods be exclusive? What's a good reason? vandaltron's event was more or less a send off to the (not so much, until it got removed) loved snipetron, so it's understandable it was exclusive. Just like with the lato V and brandal. They were commemorating something (end of closed beta). What's so special about this event that makes these mods worthy of being exclusive?

edit: I love how anyone who is against the mod being exclusive is whiny and entitled.

...Or everyone has already finished their 25. I've got mine, still plan on helping out tomorrow, but why should these mods be exclusive? What's a good reason? vandaltron's event was more or less a send off to the (not so much, until it got removed) loved snipetron, so it's understandable it was exclusive. Just like with the lato V and brandal. They were commemorating something (end of closed beta). What's so special about this event that makes these mods worthy of being exclusive?

edit: I love how anyone who is against the mod being exclusive is whiny and entitled.

If this event had a special event weapon I wouldn't be against it being exclusive either. It's just mods I'm against, personally. Primed Chamber shouldn't be exclusive either (but we've had a billion topics on that already).

I also love how the people who want the whole community to have access to all the mods are generally called selfish in these kinds of topics :V but what can ya do.

It'st one of the reason why people do the event . It's not like it's so hard and time-consuming that you can't even get 100-150 points . What is the point of participating in the event just to see the rewards being given to everyone weeks later ?

It'st one of the reason why people do the event . It's not like it's so hard and time-consuming that you can't even get 100-150 points . What is the point of participating in the event just to see the rewards being given to everyone weeks later ?

...To get early access to it. To not have to farm a random amount of time for a possibly rare mod later. Those are two VERY good reasons to have it be "early access"/timed exclusive for a week or so, then released with the following tenno reinforcements.

To have fun? Events can be fun. I am loving this one, way better than the awful drones.