Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Glaive ideas - Mark your targets, and more!

Azamagon

So, just had a bunch of ideas while fooling around with the Glaives on the plains;

• What if, while you are charging to throw a Glaive, hovering over enemies during the chargetime will mark them (akin to Ash's ulti), causing the Glaive, once thrown, to home in on those enemies? There should probably be a cap to how many enemies you can mark at once. This could either be done via a mod (Which, per rank, increases the max amount of targets you can home in on at once), or maybe as a feature to channeling pre-throwing the Glaive.
  • Instead/on top of using channeling to explode your glaive (and thus force it to come back), why not simply having the ability to recall the Glaive at any time midflight, by just pressing your melee button again? That'd make it work for quickmelee throws too. After all, when the Glaive is in flight, your meleebutton is useless for the duration.
  • The mod, Power Throw. Can it either get rid of the explosion, or could the Glaives' explosion simply be non-selfdamaging?

That's all for now. Comments?

Personally I love the Glaive as it is. A simple thrown weapon, point & thrown or a melee. With the new plains and new weapons I don't think DE would be spending time changing an existing weapon when they have the new system to develope/fix. 

The only thing that I think they changed and personally I don't like is the Thrown while you jump (or maybe I am missing something). Previously I tried and loved that feature, now if you jump and press "E" the melee it is not working as before (jump, point and throw, love the difficulty).

Edited by spyvspyaeon

13 minutes ago, Azamagon said:

The mod, Power Throw. Can it either get rid of the explosion, or could the Glaives' explosion simply be non-selfdamaging?

how often are you REALLY killing your self from the explosion? i would understand when using a stealth fram

....but outside of that..not so much

14 minutes ago, Azamagon said:

or maybe as a feature to channeling pre-throwing the Glaive.

I know the Orvius does something like this where it will latch above a single target when its channeled (or timed throw with Dial wield). would be cool to have a homing feature for the other glaive types with the same mechanic (not the capture one, just the channel or timed throw)

Marking enemies would be super cool if implemented. the Glaive was supposed to be a great weapon family, sadly it's underperforming because not enough attention is being given to it. 

I also think that Glaives should change their stats depending on number of bounces. I'd like them to have more crit chance on less bounces, and more stat chance on more bounces.

Edited by BrazilianJoe

1 hour ago, spyvspyaeon said:

Personally I love the Glaive as it is. A simple thrown weapon, point & thrown or a melee. With the new plains and new weapons I don't think DE would be spending time changing an existing weapon when they have the new system to develope/fix. 

The only thing that I think they changed and personally I don't like is the Thrown while you jump (or maybe I am missing something). Previously I tried and loved that feature, now if you jump and press "E" the melee it is not working as before (jump, point and throw, love the difficulty).

Sadly, a simplistic "point & throw" is not very useful, besides for stealth runs. This is a hordershooter after all.

And don't give me that overly lame excuse of them being busy. So what? They occassionally do go back and spice up the life of old stuff, whenever they have time.

The thrown while you jump is currently only available when equipping your secondary, if you have a singlehanded pistol + a glaive. However, the aerial charged throw is VERY bugged and often fizzles out. That needs fixing for sure.
And I think we can all agreed that the powerthrow and aerial throw would be really neat if it got added to meleemode glaives too.

1 hour ago, Kalvorax said:

how often are you REALLY killing your self from the explosion? i would understand when using a stealth fram

....but outside of that..not so much

I know the Orvius does something like this where it will latch above a single target when its channeled (or timed throw with Dial wield). would be cool to have a homing feature for the other glaive types with the same mechanic (not the capture one, just the channel or timed throw)

Enough to get bothered by it. Considering it can happen very randomly (in contrast to launcherweapons, which you have FAR more control over), it's just an unnecessary evil for no good reason.
And honestly, the explosion feature of Glaives feels rather unfitting (especially on the Power Throw mod, upon channeling it's ok I guess) and I wouldn't care if it was scrapped entirely, at least from the Power Throw mod  I understand it was meant to add multitarget-potential (although, the radius is pitiful), but I feel the mark-bouncing is a far more fitting way to give it a multitarget-feature.

Yeah, that is Orvius' special channeled / superthrow feature, so the marked throw might not work too well for the Orvius (unless it would simply latch to one target at a time, then jump over to the next whenever it expires/killed the previous target?)

1 hour ago, Hixlysss said:

I'd love this idea for ash. Ash's power 4 marks targets...then tap 1 and your shurikin seek out the marked targets like little glaives. *nod nod.*

Hmmm... yeah, that could be implemented for him somehow (But Shuriken needs to be good first).

26 minutes ago, BrazilianJoe said:

Marking enemies would be super cool if implemented. the Glaive was supposed to be a great weapon family, sadly it's underperforming because not enough attention is being given to it. 

I also think that Glaives should change their stats depending on number of bounces. I'd like them to have more crit chance on less bounces, and more stat chance on more bounces.

Exactly. It's not all too practical right now (besides for stealth), but I think the multimark throw would be superduper useful, in a way where it could actually start competing with other melee weapons (specially its main competitors, the gunblades).

No need to alter the effects on bounces though, that'd just make it needlessly inconsistent.

49 minutes ago, Azamagon said:

Enough to get bothered by it. Considering it can happen very randomly (in contrast to launcherweapons, which you have FAR more control over), it's just an unnecessary evil for no good reason.
And honestly, the explosion feature of Glaives feels rather unfitting (especially on the Power Throw mod, upon channeling it's ok I guess) and I wouldn't care if it was scrapped entirely, at least from the Power Throw mod  I understand it was meant to add multitarget-potential (although, the radius is pitiful), but I feel the mark-bouncing is a far more fitting way to give it a multitarget-feature.

Makes sense..I almost think PT shoul;d be replaced with your marking feature

50 minutes ago, Azamagon said:

Yeah, that is Orvius' special channeled / superthrow feature, so the marked throw might not work too well for the Orvius (unless it would simply latch to one target at a time, then jump over to the next whenever it expires/killed the previous target?)

now THAT would be useful for it.