Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Do people actually like the Operator?

N2-Power

I like Operators.

" A friend of mine actually plays the Operator, at which point I either roll my eyes or make comments about how I want it (not even sure whether it's male or female) to die a horrible death"

That's kinda cringy dude.

IMO they shouldn’t have been taken father than TSD in terms of gameplay. When I play Warframe, I want to use a Warframe. Not an Operator. They should just be the lore explanations for how my Warframe works, not an integral part of the gameplay. They’re fine in cutscenes and the like (so long as they keep their mouth shut), but the instant I’m forced to use them on the battlefield (for Kuva farming and the like), it just kills the experience for me.

Edited by Jackviator

They need melee, and they need parkour. 

If they want to make operators viable then that need to be able to move better than void dash allows. It doesn't have to be full on Warframe style but the movement it what really throws me off. We can slide now but how about a long jump?

I like what they did with the amps. It's a step in the right direction in modifying their abilities. Now we need one for the void blast. If we could quick combo melee it would be way better.

Other than that I actually like the operator. Sure they are emo teens but it could be worse. I hope the Sacrifice helps to flesh out more of the interaction between them and the warframes. The game is a continuous work in progress unfortunately but over time it will get better. 

I come at it from a different angle. I based my operator on my very spirited daughter.

It makes for a more personal, immersive experience.

M3to9Sj.jpg

She's athletic, loves animals, and is both compassionate and a Firey competitor.

A much more rewarding approach than playing a young emo-void-tween version of myself.

I'm a  true Fashion Frame enthusiast and see the tremendous potential for operators.

Operators do need to have a special, more powerful dynamic added to the game, though.

In short, I love the concept and the potential, but DE needs to get them to Warframe gameplay standards and commit serious efforts to customization where they can really transform the game with a new playstyle and look truly unique doing so.

Edited by (PS4)Silverback73

The twist got me at first, but as it's been expanded upon I'm liking the Operator less and less. They're supposed to represent the player, yet their actions are limited to three basic options at a time if you're lucky. Their dialogue is pretty annoying too - not voices, dialogue. It's almost impossible for me to take them seriously.

Well, I miss my old style kick-but operator! The new operator is just to frail. Last night in a low level Corpus mission I wanted to see how far I could go as an operator, there was just no way to keep my operator alive for very long at all (again – just to frail).

DE said something about pulling the more powerful operator mode and making the new operator more in-line with combat, LOL, in no way do I pick up on that hype now ( I could smell it in the wind anyway ).

I used to want to pop out in my old style bad-arus operator and serve up some whip-arus, but alas no more! It was so much fun to have my back to the wall, at the end of my options, and then unleashing my inner beast!!  

I use to WANT to bust out in my operator, now I only do it when I HAVE to, BIG difference! My operator now is just like busting open creates ( you do it only because you have to, not cause you really want to )…..

Goodbye my old friend… you will be dearly missed!!

Edited by themark38

I like the concept of the operator.  I do wish there were more customization options (undersuit, hair styles and body morphing namely) and that it didn't require some pretty long term dedicated monotonous farming (vomvalysts or teralysts, easy molasses slow or build-capable blazing fast...) or gimmicky grinding (convergence orb or wasting affinity) to get them into an acceptable fighting shape, but otherwise, I like having a universal representation of my account.

Mind, I'd flip if I could give them fire arms and Tenno armor+syandanas.

I like the idea of them more than I like the gameplay of them. 

I think the biggest problem with them is that they are a completely different feel than Warframes are. When you are in a Warframe, you are near invincible unless you are being silly and mess up on something. You can usually get yourself out of a dangerous situation. As an operator, you are super squishy, never having much more than 200 health (I think, I'd need to look at the trees again). Warframes allow you to move incredibly fast through the levels. Operators always feel kinda plodding and slow, almost being nailed to the ground, 

I could go on, but I think I made my point. They are interesting conceptually, but they don't fit the game mechanically. They simply feel out of place when you actually use them, even if their use makes perfect sense in lore. 

I love the concept of the operator and i like to play with them, and i think DE can pull out that "journey" thing on them, the only problem with the operator (which is not the topic but i need to bring it anyway) is the focus system the way it works now, dont get me started on the amount of grind i need, but if they wanted operators to be warriors, they should make some schools do that in a more useful way, vazarin keeps the operator and everyone alive, that is awesome, zenurik's cc is not that good imo and the energy regen is only really useful for warframes that want to spam stuff 

Spoiler

I would love to see zenurik giving operators abilities like madurai that could make use of that energy regen somehow

Unairu amor passives are only worth if you have arcanes giving HP and Enduring Tides from vazarin, because of the EHP increase (i learned this a while ago) Unairu kinda does its job as a "tank" skill tree, it renders allies invisible and reduce their damage taken, but if enemies cant see them, it is not like they are going to know exactly where they are to do that in the 1st place, and the armor removal passives are not worth it imo, unless i can remove a ton of amor by void dashing the same lvl 100 bombard 3 times, a meta weapon with corrosive procs can basically do that, naramon is not bad, it is focused on melee, finishers, melee affinity, i think it is fine, madurai is a good example of what i want, it is raw damage at its best, it gives you both physical and elemental damage increase (i hope that affects operator amps as well) operators can make use of their void dash to damage enemies and void blast to also do that. I havent tried all nodes on all tenno schools, but that is how i feel so far.

2 hours ago, Kindred-VoidMask said:

I like Operators.

" A friend of mine actually plays the Operator, at which point I either roll my eyes or make comments about how I want it (not even sure whether it's male or female) to die a horrible death"

That's kinda cringy dude.

Seconded. Seriously, who the F*** cares? No offense, of course, I just find it a tad childish to have something that someone else is doing bother you so much as to make edgy remarks about wanting to have it die horribly.

Boy, I can't imagine how pissed you'll be when The Sacrifice ships out.

31 minutes ago, Imaru said:

I like the idea of them more than I like the gameplay of them. 

I think the biggest problem with them is that they are a completely different feel than Warframes are. When you are in a Warframe, you are near invincible unless you are being silly and mess up on something. You can usually get yourself out of a dangerous situation. As an operator, you are super squishy, never having much more than 200 health (I think, I'd need to look at the trees again). Warframes allow you to move incredibly fast through the levels. Operators always feel kinda plodding and slow, almost being nailed to the ground, 

I could go on, but I think I made my point. They are interesting conceptually, but they don't fit the game mechanically. They simply feel out of place when you actually use them, even if their use makes perfect sense in lore. 

220 is the basis after you get an Amp. Vazarin + Magus Arcanes can lift that up to 800-1000 health. Saying nothing of the same with Unairu, a maxed Operator can possibly reach up to Valkyr Prime's level of armor. (Math and testing pending. It's hard to actually find someone willing to pour things into Unairu and the armor arcane.)

"The Operator is squishy!" only applies to the basic operator. "They don't fit the game mechanically!" even though they can dish out crowd-control like nobody's business, and completely negate all damage in Void Mode.

Seriously, most peoples' opinions hinge on ignorance of some of the ways you can utilize the operator. Granted, I think it's a crime to have to grind so insanely hard to get access to some of these things, but the potential is staggering.

Edited by SurryCurry

2 minutes ago, SurryCurry said:

220 is the basis after you get an Amp. Vazarin + Magus Arcanes can lift that up to 800-1000 health. Saying nothing of the same with Unairu, a maxed Operator can possibly reach up to Valkyr Prime's level of armor.

"The Operator is squishy!" only applies to the basic operator. "They don't fit the game mechanically!" even though they can dish out crowd-control like nobody's business, and completely negate all damage in Void Mode.

Seriously, most peoples' opinions hinge on ignorance of some of the ways you can utilize the operator. Granted, I think it's a crime to have to grind so insanely hard to get access to some of these things, but the potential is staggering.

Like I said, "I think, I'd need to look a the trees again."

I never said I knew everything, but my arguements can still stand. When you are in operator mode, I don't care how durable I am because I can't move as effectively. CC can still effect me, and cloaking just puts that off until I run out of energy. We take fall damage in our Operator forms, and we simply can't travel as quickly. Void Dash is nice, but it can't compare to Bullet Jumping and Aim Gliding. 

Again, I like the idea, but I don't think they fit the game very well in their current state. Most of the game simply doesn't reward using them enough to make me want to use them for anything other than the small buffs i get for my Warframe from my school. 

I love the a Operator, and I feel like there is a very large vocal minority; as usual; speaking out against them. It's an interesting concept, for me it personally helps immersion, and it has the potential to make the game more than just picking a Meta Frame and cheesing your way through everything.

My only complaint so far, is the controls are a bit off; especially with controllers, but PC Controller support as a whole is another issue entirely. Other than that? I wish I could use Melee Weapons as the Operator, and I wish the motes offered different ways of fighting opposed to just a death beam.

58 minutes ago, themark38 said:

Well, I miss my old style kick-but operator! The new operator is just to frail. Last night in a low level Corpus mission I wanted to see how far I could go as an operator, there was just no way to keep my operator alive for very long at all (again – just to frail).

DE said something about pulling the more powerful operator mode and making the new operator more in-line with combat, LOL, in no way do I pick up on that hype now ( I could smell it in the wind anyway ).

I used to want to pop out in my old style bad-arus operator and serve up some whip-arus, but alas no more! It was so much fun to have my back to the wall, at the end of my options, and then unleashing my inner beast!!  

I use to WANT to bust out in my operator, now I only do it when I HAVE to, BIG difference! My operator now is just like busting open creates ( you do it only because you have to, not cause you really want to )…..

Goodbye my old friend… you will be dearly missed!!

This is what I'm talking about. IMO, they had something awesome with the mental projection and the scream. I liked the feel of having an ultimate that I use when most needed. It also looked cool to see the WF slumped.

6 minutes ago, Imaru said:

Like I said, "I think, I'd need to look a the trees again."

I never said I knew everything, but my arguements can still stand. When you are in operator mode, I don't care how durable I am because I can't move as effectively. CC can still effect me, and cloaking just puts that off until I run out of energy. We take fall damage in our Operator forms, and we simply can't travel as quickly. Void Dash is nice, but it can't compare to Bullet Jumping and Aim Gliding. 

Again, I like the idea, but I don't think they fit the game very well in their current state. Most of the game simply doesn't reward using them enough to make me want to use them for anything other than the small buffs i get for my Warframe from my school. 

Oh, pardon if I seemed abrasive, I was coming off of another debate somewhere else. That said, my own points still have merit as well.

There's a lot of good stuff in the tree. Naramon's speed and dash mechanics can easily outshine the distance for bullet jump and aim-glide. (Especially when augmented by Zenurik's energy pool increases.) Also, fall-damage is silly, especially when you can negate it entirely with Void Mode. Why bother having fall damage and an Arcane about fall damage if the preventative measure doesn't need much skill to enact?

Also, a lot of people still haven't gotten the flow of switching between Operator and Frame, which is arguably vital to the new system. Invincibility frames when swapping are useful.

Of course, the point is moot because focus costs are just too intense, and the current resource costs for certain Arcanes that work with the nodes are also unthinkably ridiculous. Magus Husk, the one that deals with armor, costs 71k Cryotic if you want to get a max rank arcane. That's more than double the Sibear, which already has a ridiculous cost of 30k Cryotic.

If you were to grind Cryotic from nothing, that's a whole day of nothing but Excavation on Hieracon. It's a good thing they're doing economy passes, though.

Edited by SurryCurry

I figure I am in the tolerates the Operator camp.

Lore-wise it is, what it is.

Gameplay-wise I hope to see Ghost mode be completely optional and/or evolve more.

For example, if my Operator avatar could be more a Void energy surge that jumps out of the Warframe, when I press five, then sweet that can work for me.

LLMGnXS.gif

If its supposed to be the Operator actually leaving the Orbiter, and running around with odd animations and is only there for working on Elmo's shields and running into Kuva Guards to disarm them, than its simply gonna keep being meh for me. Lets get this over with vibe.