The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Clapkra vs Juttni Braces

tnpisnotok

Question

Ok so I personally find it hard to get standing for The Quills, but I am not sure which brace to get for my first amp. I got the Pencha Scaffold for my rank-up reward and plan on getting the Shwaak Prism as my rank-up reward for the next rank to use those both for my first amp.

However, I am not sure which brace to get for the amp I plan to build. Clapkra adds 20 energy to the amp pool, while Juttni reduces the recharge delay from 2s to 1s. For those who have used the Juttni Brace, how much of a difference does it make when in the midst of a fight? Should I get the Juttni (knowing that the community sees that as the best brace) or should I save on the 3k standing and go for the Clapkra?

Any answers are welcome, but I would like to know opinions from people who have used these braces so I can know how much of a difference they really make...

3 answers to this question

When you use Pencha with Juttni, you'll never run out of energy at all. Juttni is probably overkill for this one, actually.

When you use Shwaak with Juttni, there's a very noticeable improvement to your overall recharge time, which is great for spamming against Teralyst for DPS or for when you get swarmed by Vomvalysts.

Overall, Juttni is much, much better than Clapkra. Choosing between Juttni and Lohrin might be a bit tougher, though (since Lohrin opens up some nice possibilities with Virtuos Strike, if you ever feel like grinding that far into the system).

Edited by SortaRandom

9 hours ago, SortaRandom said:

Overall, Juttni is much, much better than Clapkra. Choosing between Juttni and Lohrin might be a bit tougher, though (since Lohrin opens up some nice possibilities with Virtuos Strike, if you ever feel like grinding that far into the system).

Yeah it looks like I will be going with the Juttni Braces, as it does make a big difference with the prism and scaffold I plan to build.

With regards to the Lohrin Brace that's definitely out of the question for me, as this will be my first amp I build. I was trying to cut corners where I could, but also have a good amp I can rely on for the most part. Somewhere way down the line, I do plan on building a full T3 amp with all the parts (granmu prism, klebrik scaffold, lohrin brace) but I will need a LOT of rep to get to that point (and a better amp to farm that rep in the first place :D).

Regardless of how far I go into this system, I know I do want a new amp, as I really don't like the Mote amp you get from The Quills. Probably going to spend the extra rep and go Shwaak / Pencha / Juttni.

Thanks for the replies SortaRandom and Fishyflakes!