Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Vacuum addiction

nellone

I really appreciated when the vacuum mod was spread over all sentilens, but now we need to do the step further.....
I tried many times to play with dogs and cats... but but, we have no choice, this is a resource grinding game and vacuum helps A LOT....
We are highly discouraged to use other companions, so please consider Vacuum as default function of all warframes...!!!

Edited by nellone

the vaccum need to be a passive ability on the warframe not companion, and so the mod fo change weapon fast, otherwise no one will use pet or other sentinel ( carrier prime is the only who can take more that a fart and a shoot before explode)

maybe put a consumable who can "repair" the sentinel once is dead, just for don't force the player to die so he get her back, becouse you need that sentinel... you know farm game, gonna happen?

"soon"

I used to run with my Kavat for quite a lengthy period of time, their survivability as well as the buffs they provide is a great advantage, then I finally completed Helios Prime, modded it, was on my way to level it up and forget it... But the Vacuum is such a quality of life feature.

There are some problems with the current system, it's been suggested to make all the loot shared instead of having to clean up after yourself and up to 7 other people while playing, universal vacuum would heavily devalue Sentinels, though considering how terrible Kubrow and Kavat navigation skills are, I don't think it would be that big of a difference.

However, assuming the pathfinding works correctly on pets, what do sentinels give in return? They are far less durable in a mission, it's much harder to keep them topped off and the buffs they provide are generally bad, the primary advantage they'd have is yet another gun shooting but none of them are particularly good and pets can deal ludicrous amounts of damage as well as apply debuffs to enemies (like shredding their armour completely or instakilling them up quite a high level).

Really, the one thing Sentinels have really going for them is the vacuum and low upkeep costs.

On a sidenote, we'd be far better with Kubrows and Kavats behaving like this for the most part.

https://i.imgur.com/GPt000M.mp4

Edited by JuicyButthurt

1 minute ago, Nation_X said:

Vaccuum is for the lazy

no vacuum is the standard, all farm game have that, is not lazy is normal, if you play cod then yeah is lazy but here you can't waste time and grap everysingle thing on the ground, the timer is not waiting you XD

the problem is simple, new player can only play with vacuum or farm is impossible for them, the pet are weak and most of them useless, you don't play for waste time but for farm most of the time, so yeah you don't really have all that chance to use different thing.

or you use that, of you waste 3 time more time for do the only thing the game really offer

survival (most used for farm), defence mission ( let's say is a timer, after all you don't have so much time ti grab crap before they detroy the pod)  interception ( you don't have so much time for farm if they capture the point, and even so you still have a limited amout of time)

vacuum is simply a need in farm game like warframe.

If you know how to play then you don't need it.

I've been using my raksa kubrow for a few years now, only using sentinels for mastery, and i never had any problems with ammo management or picking up reasources and mods.

The only time it could be usefull to me is for picking up void reactants, but it doesnt do that the last time i checked.

2 minutes ago, Sketch065 said:

I've been using my raksa kubrow for a few years now, only using sentinels for mastery, and i never had any problems with ammo management or picking up reasources and mods.

The only time it could be usefull to me is for picking up void reactants, but it doesnt do that the last time i checked.

how about the new player?

why people always expect to see new player who know everything of a game like warframe, is not normal... when you play for year you don't farm anymore of course you don't care of vacuum... lel

2 minutes ago, Raynalle said:

how about the new player?

why people always expect to see new player who know everything of a game like warframe, is not normal... when you play for year you don't farm anymore of course you don't care of vacuum... lel

i started playing 4 years ago and my farming never stopped...
and for everyone who says: "learn to play" or "it's for lazy" .... we already know you are the best and you have it harder than all other players.... but it's simply out of topic :P

Just now, Nation_X said:

Of course we have to farm, collect ammo, resources, energy, mods etc. No matter how far in the game you are it is still needed. I stand by my opinion that vacuum is for the lazy who want to just run around sucking up all the drops without any game awareness.

is not true

33 minutes ago, Nation_X said:

Of course we have to farm, collect ammo, resources, energy, mods etc. No matter how far in the game you are it is still needed. I stand by my opinion that vacuum is for the lazy who want to just run around sucking up all the drops without any game awareness.

And I stand by my opinion that I play this game to kill enemies, not to pick stuff up off the ground.

59 minutes ago, Raynalle said:

no vacuum is the standard, all farm game have that, is not lazy is normal, if you play cod then yeah is lazy but here you can't waste time and grap everysingle thing on the ground, the timer is not waiting you XD

I've been playing without Vacuum for over a year now and I don't actually need it. In fact whenever I play with a friend that does go with sentinel he often gets a minimum extra of resources over me (like 100 of common ones or so)

the problem is simple, new player can only play with vacuum or farm is impossible for them, the pet are weak and most of them useless, you don't play for waste time but for farm most of the time, so yeah you don't really have all that chance to use different thing.

Pets aren't made for new players. They require a lot of care and investment, but once you get the mods and rank them up and forma the pet, they are nigh unkillable under normal circumstances and endure well past any sentinel ever could.

or you use that, of you waste 3 time more time for do the only thing the game really offer

Well, I move a lot while playing because I like switching to melee or divekicking enemies or just reposition, so I collect loot on the way passively.

52 minutes ago, Sketch065 said:

My loyal Bruno (Huras) has been my companion since the day he was born (he's 3yo now!). Who needs a sentinel that explodes when a bombard lvl60 shows up when you can have a nigh unkillable furbal that can actualy oneshot that bombard without taking a scratch? And save my arse with invi while at it.

People don't understand that Sentinels are support oriented, while Pets are combat oriented.

1 hour ago, Raynalle said:

ok can you name these games with vacuum in i mean i play alot of grindy games diablo 3, borderlands 2, destiny to name a few so i would love examples of games with vacuum in since you claim all farm games have it unless you mean actual farm games like harvest moon which also does not have vacuum in it. 

also using vacuum doesn't make the game impossible i use a smeeta kavat i still get a lot of resources just by moving around its not that hard since parkour 2.0 i would argue getting loot is easier since you can travel around faster pre 2.0 i would have to wait for stamina to regen to get to a waypoint or a mod that dropped.

First of all, Warframes already have a vacuum feature, but the radius is really small like 2 meters. Secondly there are warframes with abilities that can suck/gather up items (mag and vauban) so making the already "universal vacuum" even more universal so that it is on all warframes by default would make mag's passive useless and lets be honest, it really isnt needed.

now to address the issue with the pets... You can get a kubrow that will run around the map picking up items for you and then bring them all too you so that they are basically "auto picked-up" so let's just throw that argument out the window. 

i'm not even going to go into how carrier is useless now that his signature feature has been duplicated to all sentinels and now youre telling me that  you want it on all warframes by default?? think about how carrier would feel!? okay seriously though, warframe is a game about farming,m if you dont want to far, you gotta be willing to pay up (in real money) that is how DE makes money and it isnt going to change any time soon.

if you want an item, dont expect to be running around  the mission where said item drops and you will just happen to get it with vacuum.  you have to actually put effort in, looking at the floor seeing if you can find the item you want. and finally, warframe is taking a different turn now. as you have seen from the mining and fishing.  you actually have to run around with a tool equipped  locating and then extracting these items. 

TL:DR:
warframe is a farming game and no amount of vacuum is going to fix that. if everyone has vacuum then DE will just add more things like Mining and Fishing where you precious vacuum sentinel will be useless

1 hour ago, Nation_X said:

Vacuum is for the lazy

Before Vacuum was changed into a mod for all sentinels DE stated that around 95% players in Warframe uses Carrier(read Vacuum).So I would hold down from making comments like that because you are in minority here.

Edited by RistN

vacuum is for the lazy but the people that use it usually don't know how to mod for S#&$ (from my experience) like me and one of my other friends have always preferred kavats and kubrows but occasionally use sentinels but people who i've met who are bad at modding often go with a sentinel bc it takes less effort to mod and less effort to take care of in a mission but dies quicker but there's also the fact of people tend to feel a connection to a companion bc you have to take care of it and play with it to keep its stats up and i've seen people and personally done stupid stuff to revive a companion

There is no logical, sound argument against vacuum being universal. Plenty of Pros. No real Cons.

It's not a balance issue. It's not a power level increase. It's just added convenience.

Anyone against universal vacuum at this point is simply against ever playing with Kavats or Kubrow. Because so long as those lack vacuum, they WILL see significantly less use than they would with it. Which us actually COSTING DE more, as animal companions are a resource sink.

46 minutes ago, Arcturus125 said:

First of all, Warframes already have a vacuum feature, but the radius is really small like 2 meters. Secondly there are warframes with abilities that can suck/gather up items (mag and vauban) so making the already "universal vacuum" even more universal so that it is on all warframes by default would make mag's passive useless and lets be honest, it really isnt needed.

now to address the issue with the pets... You can get a kubrow that will run around the map picking up items for you and then bring them all too you so that they are basically "auto picked-up" so let's just throw that argument out the window. 

i'm not even going to go into how carrier is useless now that his signature feature has been duplicated to all sentinels and now youre telling me that  you want it on all warframes by default?? think about how carrier would feel!? okay seriously though, warframe is a game about farming,m if you dont want to far, you gotta be willing to pay up (in real money) that is how DE makes money and it isnt going to change any time soon.

if you want an item, dont expect to be running around  the mission where said item drops and you will just happen to get it with vacuum.  you have to actually put effort in, looking at the floor seeing if you can find the item you want. and finally, warframe is taking a different turn now. as you have seen from the mining and fishing.  you actually have to run around with a tool equipped  locating and then extracting these items. 

TL:DR:
warframe is a farming game and no amount of vacuum is going to fix that. if everyone has vacuum then DE will just add more things like Mining and Fishing where you precious vacuum sentinel will be useless

To;Dr: Past bad design (Mag, Carrier) should force continued bad design (lack of universal vacuum).

No thanks.