The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So now that Focus needs 9000 trillion points and full time job amount of effort...

Wolfdoggie

7 minutes ago, (PS4)Zero_029 said:

My only issue with the new focus costs is that the costs will 100% intimidate & drive away new players.

By the time a player gets to the focus system they are no longer considered new players.  Most new players won't even know about the focus system until they actually get to it.  Not unless they get spoilers.  

On 10/27/2017 at 1:58 PM, Wolfdoggie said:

Can we get the Loki Stealth Kill Focus nerf reverted? I mean Equinox allows a non-diverse, tedious method anyways, so like... please?

(all kills while invisible used to give Stealth Kill Bonus XP regardless of the enemies being too close to each other)

Hide contents

I am on XBOX, so i am not really sure of POE. But with focus 2.0 aren't you still able to farm as before?

If this is the case, 100k can be done in 23 waves on hydron. can't the same be done with 2.0?

Or the focus point on hydron has changed with POE?

wouldn't mind the grind if gaining focus wasn't such a boring chore

convergence orbs needs to go, period. it detracts people from the mission objective and encourages selfish behaviors. just... go back to the first focus iteration where it gives 5-7% per lens instead of this "8x for a short period of time" BS

also it's time for focus 3.0 already the trees are still terrible

19 minutes ago, TotallyLagging said:

wouldn't mind the grind if gaining focus wasn't such a boring chore

convergence orbs needs to go, period. it detracts people from the mission objective and encourages selfish behaviors. just... go back to the first focus iteration where it gives 5-7% per lens instead of this "8x for a short period of time" BS

also it's time for focus 3.0 already the trees are still terrible

You can still completely ignore the convergence orbs just like before and still get focus.  I do, but I also don't specifically farm focus unless I'm trying to prove a point to myself.  

1 hour ago, TotallyLagging said:

Sorry, but I have to completely disagree with this idea.

Before the orbs you only got focus from your kills.
Ally was playing the nuke frame of the month?  They are going to get all of the focus and you aren't going to get much if any.
If you wanted to gain focus you needed to either do it solo or be a hallway hero.  Otherwise you just wouldn't make any gains what-so-ever.

After much complaining about either being forced solo or how many kill stealers there were in the game (after all only the last hit matters if you got focus or not) DE decided to allow radial affinity to add to focus gains, but in order to balance out how much easier it was to get focus they nerfed the amount you got and added in orbs so that you had to do some work to get back to the previous levels of gains.

It would be horrible to go back to the previous system of things where you only got focus if you were the one doing the killing.
This left any frame without direct killing ability at a severe disadvantage to a frame that could directly hurt the enemy.
Also people in this thread are complaining about how it takes a solo run to cap focus...well in the old system that was required as if you were playing "normally" (ie in a group of any kind) you could go quite a few missions with only a dozen focus each because other frames simply out nuked you and killed more than you did.

We should never go back to a system that only rewards based off of number and kills and nothing else.

A cap is usually implemented to prevent something from being farmed out in a few hours. When games have a cap for resource gain the cap is always reachable with little effort outside of your usual gameplay, it also usually doesn't take 469 days to max out whatever the resource is used for. I think DE should get rid of convergence orbs entirely and just make lenses convert 10, 15, and 20% of affinity gained in missions. Or massively buff the stupid orbs to a 20x multiplier because as it is focus farming outside of the stupid stealth cheese takes far too long.

Edited by Avenwing

1 hour ago, Nation_X said:

How people can even try and justify the current focus system and rewards is beyond me.

As i keep saying - you mean its not fun that i have to farm lenses to place them on a farm frame,with a farm mission that must be farmed in a specific manner 
to reduce the amount of farming while we farm

It's not a matter of justifying it, but more one of being realistic.  Players grind in MMO that they have paid for.  Then do it again in games like Destiny and Overwatch.  All games that have an upfront cost before you even start grinding.

Now look at Warframe.  A free to play game that has grinding just like all other free to play games.  Yet grinding in this free to play game is bad, while games like Destiny and WoW have a free pass?  This is what I mean by being realistic.  And don't even say this grind is bad when the Korean MMOs have the crown for that.

edit:  I truly believe some are just making a bigger deal out of this than there really is.

Edited by DatDarkOne

5 hours ago, Doc-Orange said:

Why - its not necessary to play or win this game. Its your free decision to farm focus or not.

Because it is not interesting for ordinary mortals to play 10 years to get something in the game that is not so important and because of that its not fun 2 playe....Last time I checked game need 2 be fun and not frustrated...

Current focus costs and cap are stupid high for most people.

You need to commit time  to stealth runs , sleep runs,  or  grouping for multiple waves of the same boring defense mission  to cap out daily.

Those that suggest spam killing ediolons as an option, for some it is for many it is not.  again a time commitment to a specific play style.

My problem with the focus system is if you want to unlock anything  outside of the 1 or 2 nodes you are forced into playing certain ways.

Rather be able to choose my own activities, even if i am earning less.  Problem right now is the gap between targeted farming and just playing the game is a vast ocean.

Lower the costs  lower the daily cap, improve regular mission earnings.

So we can play the game and have fun, choices made for us lead to things feeling like work.

45 minutes ago, Niuq said:

You need to commit time  to stealth runs , sleep runs,  or  grouping for multiple waves of the same boring defense mission  to cap out daily.

Those that suggest spam killing ediolons as an option, for some it is for many it is not.  again a time commitment to a specific play style.

You don't need to "spam kill" eidolons, and if 12 to 15 minutes a few times a day is such a big time investment, I'm wondering how much time you actually play the game to consider 12-15 minutes every so often a big time sink.
And honestly that's all it takes to hunt down and kill the Teralyst in a non optimized group.
Doesn't take very long at all and gives you 25K focus.  And without being "Forced to play a certain way", just completing an optional and fairly easy boss.

Do that a few times (again 12 to 15 minutes so basically treating it just like a normal mission when you feel like it) and you'll get plenty of brilliant shards to turn into focus in fairly short order.

49 minutes ago, Niuq said:

Rather be able to choose my own activities, even if i am earning less.  Problem right now is the gap between targeted farming and just playing the game is a vast ocean.

And I have to ask again: How does that honestly affect you and the vast majority of the gameplay?
How does it make anything on your end harder/impossible to not be able to progress quickly in a 100% optional system that has no effect on the vast majority of gameplay if you are unwilling to grind a little bit?

I could understand these complaints if the nodes had a large impact on normal gameplay and missions but they don't.
So please, could someone enlighten me as to why its such a massive problem to have one system in the entire game that takes focus and grinding to achieve?

52 minutes ago, Niuq said:

Lower the costs  lower the daily cap, improve regular mission earnings.

So basically "I want to cap out in 15 minutes of normal gameplay and take only a month to complete an entire endgame grind system!"
Sorry but why?
What is so wrong and bad about a system that takes time and a small amount of dedication to get through?
What's wrong with having one long term goal in the game?  Especially when, again, that one long term goal doesn't impact the vast majority of gameplay in any way?

Why can't there be one system in the game geared less towards the casuals and more towards the hardcore players and the players that enjoy to invest their time wisely in a system that they know will take a while?

6 minutes ago, Tsukinoki said:

Why can't there be one system in the game geared less towards the casuals and more towards the hardcore players and the players that enjoy to invest their time wisely in a system that they know will take a while?

I am sorry to say, but you really need to set up a higher bar if you want this to be the non casual system. Focus farm as it is is such absurd low brain activity, that I would find it insulting if this is the end game.

7 minutes ago, phoenix1992 said:

I am sorry to say, but you really need to set up a higher bar if you want this to be the non casual system. Focus farm as it is is such absurd low brain activity, that I would find it insulting if this is the end game.

Non casual does not mean endgame.
You can have non casual systems in games that aren't the "end game" systems.  And I do agree that if focus is the endgame DE needs to do better.

So while I don't want to consider focus to be the end game, I don't think that it should be considered a "casual" system either, nor do I think it should be or needs to be.

The vast majority of WF is casual and DE needs to add in more systems that aren't geared towards casuals until they do actually introduce  a real endgame.

15 hours ago, Tsukinoki said:

Ally was playing the nuke frame of the month?  They are going to get all of the focus and you aren't going to get much if any.
If you wanted to gain focus you needed to either do it solo or be a hallway hero.  Otherwise you just wouldn't make any gains what-so-ever.

After much complaining about either being forced solo or how many kill stealers there were in the game (after all only the last hit matters if you got focus or not) DE decided to allow radial affinity to add to focus gains, but in order to balance out how much easier it was to get focus they nerfed the amount you got and added in orbs so that you had to do some work to get back to the previous levels of gains.

It would be horrible to go back to the previous system of things where you only got focus if you were the one doing the killing.
This left any frame without direct killing ability at a severe disadvantage to a frame that could directly hurt the enemy.
Also people in this thread are complaining about how it takes a solo run to cap focus...well in the old system that was required as if you were playing "normally" (ie in a group of any kind) you could go quite a few missions with only a dozen focus each because other frames simply out nuked you and killed more than you did.

We should never go back to a system that only rewards based off of number and kills and nothing else.

I meant go back to old lenses but with shared affinity.

I do agree that focus should have a different source other than kills/exp though. The Brilliant Eidolon Shard change is decent as an alternative but even that gets old after a while.

On 27-10-2017 at 12:43 PM, KiteoHatto said:

Then you pretty much don't play the game if 10-30k is all you get. 

Why should no effort be rewarded ?

Besides, focus has been farmable for such a long time already, not like you lost all your focus 1.0 points and have to start fresh. Unless you know, you didn't play back then either.

I can play the game all day and get 5k focus How? not playing with lenses, and not caring to do enough bounties (wich are utter S#&$e tbh) to get those lenses, if i say had 1 lens, youd expect me to use that frame/weapon the entire day? who does that? I know we can buy greater lenses but this makes focus feel like its stuck behind a paywall and grindwall

On 10/27/2017 at 6:29 AM, KiteoHatto said:

zOpz1QR.jpg

Yes this seems like 9 years.

I remember someone else did the math on this, too. Here is what he found: 

Now let's do some math. Keep in mind that some of the pool changes have actually increased since this beta. For instance, Mind Sprint now requires 11 pool at max. However, since I don't have all the exact numbers I'll just use what the beta gave us. Also, in order to estimate the additional focus needed, I used the summation 75000+750n from 1 to the additional pool value. It's a very rough lowball estimate. The real number is likely much higher.

Madurai -

Base waybound nodes pool total: 23

Additional pool required: 63

Estimated additional focus required: 6237000

Zenurik -

Base waybound nodes pool total: 18

Additional pool required: 68

Estimated additional focus required: 6859500

Naramon -

Base waybound nodes pool total: 14

Additional pool required: 72

Estimated additional focus required: 7371000

Vazarin -

Base waybound nodes pool total: 17

Additional pool required: 69

Estimated additional focus required: 6986250

Unairu -

Base waybound nodes pool total: 14

Additional pool required: 72

Estimated additional focus required: 7371000

Total additional focus required to have all nodes maxed in all schools after unlocking all waybound nodes: 34824750

At a cap of 250k focus per day, that's around 140 days of extra farming. These are on top of the estimated 280 days it takes to max out the current trees without the waybound nodes.

And here's a second one from a 3rd party site:

Madurai14,575,017, 146 days24,078,977, 97 days-49

Vazarin12,823,833, 129 days24,905,452, 100 days-3

Naramon10,263,003, 103 days20,826,391, 84 days-4

Unairu8,769,625, 88 days26,350,701, 106 days-23

Zenurik11,895,147, 119 days21,023,548, 85 days-34

Total58,326,625, 584 days117,185,069, 469 days-115

Not quite 9 years, but certainly not a short period of time either.

Edited by KaizergidorahXi

5 hours ago, Tsukinoki said:

Because players want to be handed everything for playing casual. It is sad to see this community devolve into entitlement where every new hotfix must cater to them and they need it as soon as possible. There is no rush. Focus is not a perfect system, but for once it is a goal. I stopped doing sorties eons ago as they are as brainless as an Earth Capture mission. We need more content geared towards hardcore players.

Focus is a great start on a basis of systems that take time. The reason you see so much salt over focus farming is because you are forced to invest into a farming build.

In all honesty, I hope DE does more like Hema and Focus 2.0. We need more systems with goals and not instant gratification. 

1 hour ago, --Q--Voltage said:

In all honesty, I hope DE does more like Hema and Focus 2.0. We need more systems with goals and not instant gratification. 

9Ss95t8.png

Hema.

The Infested riffle of mediocrity that was smacking in the face only new players, and showed that yet again DE are not above dirty tricks.
I don't think I have to remind to you, that before U19 a lot of "vets" had amassed a lot of Mutagen from ODS and ODD.
Focus 2.0 is also not exactly a grandiose pay off.

So you want even more systems with goals that have crap payoff? 

PS: I am sure you use your Sibear as well.

@Tsukinoki as well. Grinding for mediocrity should never be the end game.

Edited by phoenix1992

17 hours ago, Tsukinoki said:

I think he meant to just remove the convergente orb and increase the gain.

I dont remember it being a "your kills only", must have not paid attention.

Because the orb has the habit of spawning pretty far from the objective. Not a problem in our run an' gun missions, bit in defence types, it might be a pain.

3 hours ago, phoenix1992 said:

Grinding for mediocrity should never be the end game.

Again: Non casual does not mean "end game"

I agree with your statement here completely.
But it is 100% possible to have a non casual system that isn't the "end game".

Having long term goals in the game is a good thing.  Having system that take a while is a good thing.  Having a few systems geared towards the people who either grind hard or smart is a good thing.
None of those things needs to be the "end game", nor am I saying that "focus is the end game!!!!" like you keep on saying.

All I'm saying is that focus is not casual nor does it need to be.  This doesn't make focus the "end game" by any means.
This just means that its a non-casual system.

Please stop saying that I am saying that Focus has to be the end game.  I'm not.
And please understand that not every non-casual system in games needs to be the one and only end game system.
That's just not how it works.

6 hours ago, TotallyLagging said:

I meant go back to old lenses but with shared affinity.

I do agree that focus should have a different source other than kills/exp though. The Brilliant Eidolon Shard change is decent as an alternative but even that gets old after a while.

That I could agree a bit more on.
Overall lower gains but more consistent gains could be better as a whole.

7 minutes ago, Tsukinoki said:

Please stop saying that I am saying that Focus has to be the end game.  I'm not.

You were tagged in the post due to follow up, not due to "you said, he said, she said".

I said, "Grinding for mediocracy", in the context ot "systems like Hema and Focus 2.0".

And while you personally would not attach "end game" towards Focus, this is the excuse multiple people are using (even DE give that notion, but I will not participate in digging trough each  vague DE statement in twitch, reddit, twitter and what's not). 

PS: Again, you were tagged due to follow up on the previous posts and in context of them, not as an accusation of it. I did not make a big quote of it so we can avoid walls.

Edited by phoenix1992

On 29/10/2017 at 3:05 AM, Tsukinoki said:

The system doesn't punish anyone.

Wrong.

A) dumping time into the game

So again, it only rewards people who play for a long time.

B) play their limited time smartly to maximize investments.

Do that. Still hasn't made a dent in the overall points I need. Please don't try and lecture me on being smart with your time.

Fact is that it doesn't take "hours on end" to cap focus.

Fact is, there shouldn't be a cap in the first place with the ridiculous amount needed. 

Fact is that it doesn't take "hours on end" to fight a terralyst 3 times in a given day

Actually it does. Terralysts are annoyingly tedious and can one shot you quite a lot.

I have a full time job and other responsibilities.

So do I. I just happen to have less time than you. 

So basically "You play in a more efficient way then me!  How dare you, go play another game!"  Sorry, but you're being the spoilt brat with that type of attitude.

Do not deliberately misunderstand my post. I am saying those who sit around being bored because they've done everything should not hog all the future content and dictate who plays it. I call for a middle ground between hardcore and casual. Nothing about that is spoilt. Trying to make it sound otherwise just makes you look like an elitist. The ones who are spoilt are Hypernaut and quite a few others.

There needs to be a ground in which the hardcore players get enjoyment and the players who don't have much time are not put off by the insane amount of grind.

The simple fact of the matter is that DE put in the large grind to keep people busy.

Yes so what? It'll be completed very quickly by people who play this game 24-7. Eventually all content drys up for hardcores and people play different games while waiting for updates.

There's nothing to do, I've done it all!"  At least this way keeps those players happy.

The thing is, they shouldn't have to keep that tiny amount of spoilt's happy. They shouldn't cater to any specific part of the community. They should be focused purely on the middle point, but right now all it seems they are doing is focusing on the hardcore players because they whine the loudest. That shouldn't be how things are done. 

Not everything needs to be able to be farmed up by a casual player in a week or two.

Why not exactly? Why can't it be two weeks instead of two years. Is it because you'll get bored? And you have the nerve to call me a spoilt brat.

Especially when said system has next to no impact on the vast majority of the game and pretty much no one even notices that the system is there or has any impact on what they are doing outside of 2 farms

If its in the game, it has an affect on the gameplay. Terralyst hunts and Kuva farms are important, especially the latter as you need it to upgrade endgame mods. This dismissal of "oh the Operator doesn't affect the majority of the game" is a poor one. The Operator is (unfortunately) a central part of the story. They are clearly trying to make it more appealing to use on the battlefield with these new updates. How do you know future Warframe won't rely heavily on the Operator in combat? How do you know there won't be certain enemies in each mission that require an Operator to kill, not just in Kuva missions or the Plains? Answer: You don't.

I honestly hate this type of dismissal. "Oh it's just cosmetics! Oh it's just the Operator! They don't have much of an impact on the game". If it's in the game, it affects your gameplay, simple as.

How does having a 100% optional system

It's not optional. The same way an "optional" boss in Dark Souls is not entirely optional as it does affect your game.

that has no impact on the majority of the game be more geared towards hardcore players impact you negatively in any way shape or form?

Because, as I said previously; you do not know what DE will dump on us in the future. Considering they are gearing towards hardcore players, they might assume that you have maxed out your focus and throw a difficult Operator focused quest/activity at you. If you haven't invested time into your focus or amp, then you're pretty screwed aren't you. It might have an impact to you right now, but it very possibly will do soon.

How does not being able to cap focus in 2 or 3 casual missions per day

I like how you make it seem so easy.

I can still cap on focus and farm the Teralyst without much trouble because I enjoy the game and go about how I play smartly instead of just whinging and complaining and demanding that I be able to get everything in a game while putting in zero actual effort to get it.

"Because I enjoy the game". Implying that I don't? I love Warframe and I genuinely enjoy running and gunning when I get on it and I do play as smartly as I can. Also I never said to get everything with zero effort. Please stop deliberately misunderstanding me in order to try and make me look like a brat. This is exactly what I was talking about when talking about elitist attitude. "Oh you're not playing the game smartly. Oh you're just whining and complaining". No, I'm offering criticism. Try and wave it off as whining all you like, it's not going to change the fact that it's none of that. Asking for reasonable grind/middle ground is not a bad thing, no matter how much you try and make it out to be.

Instead of misconstruing my comments in order to paint a nice "Lazy vs Effort" picture, why don't you actually come back with some genuine arguments as to why there honestly cannot be a system that doesn't focus entirely on hardcore players and instead focuses on all demographics.  

Sorry but I have only noticed one spoilt brat in this thread and that would be you.

Why? Because I detest people who act like they can dictate what other players can and cannot do because they play the game more often than others and demand DE cater to them and only them? Because I'm asking for a solid middle ground? I was waiting for this post. It's inevitable that when someone asks that DE actually focus on all parties that you eventually get called a spoilt brat. 

And again: Please tell me what you are missing out on.

Possible future quests/activities/content that could be locked behind the Operator. DE are adding these Operator upgrades for the future, not just the Plains. 

And honestly I see you being the problem here.

Of course you can. I'm the one who's asking for DE to pay attention to all people, not just you. I'm obviously a problem.

You keep on going on about how the game should revolve around the players who can't play it for long and who refuse to put in the effort to maximize the returns on the time that they do spend in it.

No. Not at all. My posts have never said "Concentrate on us and only us" unlike some. Please stop trying to make me look like the bad guy here because it won't work and it just undermines your position even further.

You may sit on your high horse and act like I don't put in any effort, but the simple fact of the matter is; you don't know me. I don't know you and I don't proclaim to know how much effort you put into the game. You could be bald-faced lying to me about having a full time job and "other responsibilities", but how should I know. So drop your arrogance and stop pretending like you act how much effort I put into this game. Show some intelligence.

Games need a system that take time and appeal to the hardcore farmers.

Why only hardcore?

And again, this game does it without locking the more casual players out of anything.

Again, this is completely untrue. It locks players out of getting the upgrades and affecting the overall gameplay. It might very possibly lock future quests/activities.

Just because you can't play the game for very long and refuse to do anything to occasionally maximize your return on the time

Again, you do not know what I do when I'm on the game so please stop acting like you do. 

completely optional system that has absolutely zero effect on the vast majority of gameplay

If it's in the game, it affects gameplay. And, once again; you do not know what the future holds.

doesn't mean that you have the right to dictate that the game should have literally every single feature cater to your demands

This is incredibly rich coming from someone who just wants DE to focus entirely on them. I want DE to focus on everyone, you do not. Trying to turn the tables is not going to work here because I'm not demanding that only demands like mine are met.

Overall your post can be summarised in one simple sentence; "You don't need to do any of it", which I have already explained is completely untrue. Developers put things in the game for a reason. At some point or another, you will need to invest in all parts of the game. This post is a combination of painfully untrue dismissals based on nothing, and a supreme amount of arrogance.

All throughout your post you make it out like I want DE to focus on my demogrpahic only. Seeing as how that would mean the focus wouldn't be entirely on you like it usually is, it's hardly surprising you'd make me out to the be the spoilt brat when all you are doing is demonstrating just how biased this system truly is and how people who benefit from said bias defend it. You are the ones who are spoilt. All you want is DE to focus on you and to leave new/casual players in the dust. How selfish.

On 10/28/2017 at 10:52 PM, DatDarkOne said:

By the time a player gets to the focus system they are no longer considered new players.  Most new players won't even know about the focus system until they actually get to it.  Not unless they get spoilers.  

True enough. However due to the open nature of Warframe, many new players join public games & see Operators & Focus Ghosts in public games as it is & PoE REALLY shines a spotlight on Operators, add in that many new players will think Eidolons are just REALLY tough world bosses (not post War Within content), so New Players will definitely be put through the ringer, PoE will force them to either:

1. Gets them to investigate & thus spoil the surprise.

2. Ask Questions & get surprised.

I can't imagine how folks would react reading into Operators then learning they need Millions of xp but at a significantly reduced rate.

Add in the requirement of Shards for way-bounds.

I love Warframe but it's very hard on/confusing for new players.

I am loving the large list of friends I have who play Warframe. We all have crazy adventures, experiences, & etc.

I fear them getting too intimidated & leaving. The focus 1.0 system was hard for me to teach the few of them who did Second Dream.

I'm dreading teaching them post War Within. (None are there just yet.)

I am excited for PoE, I hear the economy is getting patched/fixed day by day.

But Focus is a HUGE sticking point.

With the Ghost/Operator ability being removed by PoE. Why will players want to farm/choose a focus upon Second Dream completion?

Many won't touch it. Then, they hit PoE & suddenly the Operator is needed, but now you need (making this number up) 1million focus xp just for your 1st ability. Now players will wonder "How do I get focus?" Or "That lens thing that I had no idea what it did. I should have kept it..." or "I need 1mil xp, at a 1%(1.75%) conversion rate. Why?!"