Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mag got "buffed", but do you see anyone using her?

CaptainJLP

I think i figured out a good build for mag, and it seems literally like no one would use mag like this but my build only has 40% power strength, 130% eff, 250% range and 145% duration (rank 8 primed cont) and then i threw on max primed flow and redirection and greedy pull and 4th aug seems pretty good actually.

Edited by CaptainJLP
130% eff not 30%

12 minutes ago, CaptainJLP said:

I guess people don't play her anymore because they didn't sacrafice power strength, which seems like a good idea on a mag build. Shes more for cc and fun I found out. Might edit the thread soon...

Go to the Mag Mains Unite thread.  Several Mag builds posted there.

I'm seeing Mag a bit more in the plains now.  It's like everyone's trying out their warframes in the plains space, and some of the less-used frames like Zephyr, Oberon, Mag, etc., are finding a nice new home there.  Mag's actually super-powerful at plains level - the overshields augment or the armor stripping Crush augment, both very good in that context.

15 minutes ago, Omnimorph said:

I'm seeing Mag a bit more in the plains now.  It's like everyone's trying out their warframes in the plains space, and some of the less-used frames like Zephyr, Oberon, Mag, etc., are finding a nice new home there.  Mag's actually super-powerful at plains level - the overshields augment or the armor stripping Crush augment, both very good in that context.

Agreed.  The only issue I have with Mag on the plains is her ability colors.  Can't see anything unless you use certain colors and sacrifice fashionframe.

It would be nice if we had an opaqueness slider on our abilities.

6 hours ago, Epilogia said:

She's not used because people don't see the potential in her. Most people prefer the usual 'press-1-button-and-kill-everything' and she doesn't do that at really high levels, you have to do combos to maximize your damage output.

This sums it up real nicely. 

People look for frames with low skill floor and tend to ignore its maximum potential. This is why people loved prerework mag, ash, saryn, and current frames like ember.

I for one find current mag's playstyle to be WAY more interesting than past mag where she just presses one button every 5 seconds and was limited to a corpus map. 

This will be my first time ever saying this, but "git gud" seems to be a pretty fitting thing to say.

Also, I agree on the point where mag should gain a some sort of layer of defense when stripping armor, since it currently doesn't offer her anything unlike when she's stripping shields.

Mag is just "hard" to play for most people I guess.

When you have to combo abilities peoples are out. But basically her whole kit is great now when she used to be a press2towin frame on a single faction before.

I mostly use her with projectiles, using 2 to create blenders (and covers) and I use 1 to put mobs in those, while casting 3 to debuff mobs and refresh my shield. She's a spammy caster. 

But with such great cc and dmg buff, i guess it's just too active for the embery player base :clem:

She still lacks something on her 4, I would like a synergy with polarize shards and remaining projectiles in your magnetize bubbles for example.

8 hours ago, CaptainJLP said:

To me when the Mag rework which happened a very long time ago was a nerf, You used to see her being used frequently in missions, now you only see her being used by newer players that have joined warframe and in literally 0.1% of community (apart from new players)?

I mean everyone said mag got a "buff", yes because she could clear enemies in a hallway in seconds, but do you actually ever see the people saying it was a "Buff" actually playing her. I mean really if it was a "Buff" then why do you see literally 99.9% of players which are not new to the game, not playing mag at all anymore, to be honest, I would say the developers turned her into a hallway clearer rather than a frame that used to be used in every corpus mission which could nuke enemies and give overshields.

So what do you guys even do, do you even still play her? I know I don't because sitting in a hallway for a hour is not fun, what we used to have gave us more mobility and freedom in our mission, since our abilities had extreme ranges, specifically "Shield Polarize. And also now look at that augment for polarize, doesn't even work against the grineer and infested, they even tried to make polarize work good against the grineer and infested, but turned it into a pretty much useless ability, It is now not even useful against the corpus.

And also now that mag is a 20 hour camping warframe there is no point in using greedy pull either, since all you need is vacuum and that's it. And lets be honest here considering we now don't have survivals with decent rewards, what is the absolute point of mag, ok fine fissure missions, but most the time its RNG if there is even one survival on. Anyways back on the topic, really now, Do you actually used mag/prime anymore even though others (maybe including yourself) call it a "buff."

OK, I've typed enough about this and you probably don't need more to read.

The only reason I don’t play Mag is because she looks like an ugly robot thing. The Mag Prime Helmet is actually really scary but she’s definitely not pretty. The only reason I could play her without giving myself endless nightmares is because of her Gauss Helmet.

15 minutes ago, (PS4)godlysparta said:

The only reason I don’t play Mag is because she looks like an ugly robot thing. The Mag Prime Helmet is actually really scary but she’s definitely not pretty. The only reason I could play her without giving myself endless nightmares is because of her Gauss Helmet.

dude the gauss helmet is the only one I can't stomach.

well i for one have fun with my 250 range aoe bomber.

a 37.5 meter explosion that can hit for over 100k is not so bad.

pull is a quick cc across the tileset at 70 meters.

polorize is just a quick shield restore.

its just crush that is bad in my opinion.

miter is my goto weapon but lanka and arca plasmor does a great job as well.

pox turns magnetize bubbles into armorstrip deluxe and give great explosion damage.