Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mag got "buffed", but do you see anyone using her?

CaptainJLP

1 minute ago, TotallyLagging said:

my point still stands, a lot of her abilities still need attention from DE

That or just her survivability honestly, keeping in mind that I use Mag Prime and there is really no difference and yeah I use vigor so a little extra health helps.

On 10/28/2017 at 10:35 AM, (PS4)Eluminary said:

I didn't read all four pages I'm guessing others have already said this, but people just did not know how to play her right.

I use her almost everyday in 99% of the time I out damage the entire party combined by a wide margin.   she is certainly In Contention to be the most devastatingly dominant offensive Warframes in the game when played correctly.

Long story short on her polarize is not her go to skill anymore it is not what it used to be however magnetized is extremely powerful,  she's stronger now than she ever was before.  Max out the range and bubble the world.   Defense, Mobile Defense, interception missions she can absolutely dominate the entire map, with a max range build.

0StEE5U.jpg

I used the screen shot recently in another thread so I just happen to have it offhand...

Sorti 3 kuva Fortress mobile defense.   in that mission I have enemy radar as my aura I can see every area the enemies are coming from and I can bubble off every single one of them all of them go to their deaths and every 8 seconds I have an explosion that does literally millions of damage over 40m...  she's actually so powerful that if more knew how to play her right she would be nerfed.

Edit  that screenshot is a little old but I used her on the Mobile Defense sorti 3 just today I think on that one I did a little worse that I only had 87% of total damage,  I was kind of slacking off.

I'll have to try that out, but I wouldn't count out her magnetize. I like using my weapons a lot and using the 3 and 4 augment combo allows me to easily debuff enemy defenses to the point where I can easily gun enemies down or just flat out one shot high level enemies. 

56 minutes ago, PR1D3 said:

I'll have to try that out, but I wouldn't count out her magnetize. I like using my weapons a lot and using the 3 and 4 augment combo allows me to easily debuff enemy defenses to the point where I can easily gun enemies down or just flat out one shot high level enemies. 

Magnetized is by far her best skill that's what I was saying.  You don't really need the armor reduction with the augment if you use something like pox with corrosive it will strip the armor of everything in the bubble very quickly.  I also use Supra vandal with entropy and a Riven mod to make it very high status corrosive on that or gas on that work very well in stripping armor or damaging everything at the same time the gas.

11 minutes ago, (PS4)Eluminary said:

Magnetized is by far her best skill that's what I was saying.  You don't really need the armor reduction with the augment if you use something like pox with corrosive it will strip the armor of everything in the bubble very quickly.  I also use Supra vandal with entropy and a Riven mod to make it very high status corrosive on that or gas on that work very well in stripping armor or damaging everything at the same time the gas.

Well F*** me I screwed up the names XD. Let me word it this way then if im going to derp out, I have a play style where i use 3 and 4 for just enough armor reduction so they loose out on a huge chunk of their damage reduction on armor. And I also use the Daikyu a lot on my Mag and go for those complete takedown shots. I do want to make a build that uses her 2, im just trying to find a weapon that I would use with it and maintain some semblance of fashionframe.

Mag Prime is my most used frame according to the statistics, like 28% or something. However, this is only due to the "old days". I didn't play a for a long time and when I came back, I noticed she had been reworked. I didn't want to go through her skills yet, what they do, what I should build for, etc, so I'm not using her atm except maybe for Greedy Pull farm runs. My issue is not neccessarily whether it was a buff or a nerf, but rather, what annoys me is that you can toss 8 Formas into a perfectly viable frame, only to find out you need to toss even more into them because DE decided to rework them for some reason and your old build is incompatible with the new skillset. The same thing happened to Saryn. It is also a case of "pointless rework", which is sadly quite common in Warframe. At least it used to be when I left. 

To answer the question, a friend of mine plays Mag Prime almost exclusively, but he is the kind of guy who chooses one frame/character/class and then sticks with it. Let's be honest here: Mag was only really popular in the golden days of Greedy Pull. At least they fixed the line of sight mechanic on that one, so it's actually not trash. Part of the reason why she is not so popular might be that she has the "starter frame" image. Excalibur and Volt suffer from this, too. Excal is kind of like the mascot of Warframe though and also has the "Excalibro" thing going on. His Exalted Blade alone looks very impressive, too, and Mag doesn't have anything like that. Even I sometimes feel tempted to try out Excalibur, even though I am terribly biased against him.

Edited by N2-Power
added couple more points

• 2 weeks later...

Mag have decent fashion frame power and her tennogen skins make her nice pick for fashionng.

Also I am using mag long ago so I can say I am mag main too. She is a decent frame but she is a starter frame and the devs doesn't seem any reasn to make her too strong because then peoples will stay with one frame. Excal also after his rework very popular choice and many peoples using him because of his abilities. Mags also common on lower levels and up to 30-50 they can deal with their foes but she lacks of the survivability what she really needs. I tested Octavia and her more armor not makes her much tanky and mag just have 65 armor from the ancient ages so she needs at least 100 armor to be more viable. She also have 75 hp at start and 150 shields which make it almost pair with Volt whom have only 15 armor which is more squishy without his abilities.

Mag first ability is fine it not meant to massacer at all only in the short o medium range but with a scaling option like Oberon's smite it can be much more stronger and useful. The cc what she can does with her pull is fine because she can kill these mobs with melee or just shot them down while they are downed.

The second ability scaling and renamed but does the same what attractor did but now have some synergy with the polarize which can boost the damage.

Polarize used to be an armor and shield stripper ability but the scaling sadly removed and not altered so this ability now less effective than the past rework but still has uses.

Her crush is a panic abiity visually now a bit better but slow and does not have any further options just deal damage. This ability never was mag's most used ability at all because for a squishy frame on one shot levels any second outside a barrier could means her death so the ability usage is mostly degraded to the low to medium level room clearer ability.

My suggestion what could be changed and what would be cool for her.

First of all the minimum armor for frames should be 100 and bellow cannot go the armor. The 100 armor not make her tank at all but helps a lot to reduce the damage. Her hp and shield is fine maybe what could be cool for her is an increased energy level for say 125 or 150 at beginning. She is a caster ype of frame and her abilities eat so much so she need some compensation for not energy regen in base aura slot.

Her first could scale with the enemy health for say 10% damage to the overall health and could bypass the shields. (suggest something else)

Her second is fine I would not like to touch it.

Her third should give back the scaling but much lower level and instant refills the shields on mates. It synergies with magnetize so you can build up more damage and the scaling could help to deal with harder (higher) content.

Her fourth ability could strip armor lets say 15-20% of the maximum armor per shot and for that energy needs it would be this okay and another great addition which came with Gara the invulnerabilty while you use your fourth ability. Gara is immune when she using her ice wall so the enemies cannot break her apart while casting and that minor addition would be nice for mag but for all frames whom have great casting times. Volt, Limbo maybe, Vauban (but his vortex is decently fast), Trinity, Zephyr etc. (now nothing come to mind)

I hope this not considered as a bug or some exploit because this can help the frames with high casting time to be more viable and it applis only when you use ur ability so it is not op at all if you consider most "ultimates" in game take 100 energy and there are no scaling abilities for the majority.

Feel free to reply and make some suggestion if you feel you like this idea just press a like or if you have other visions pls feel free to share. My opinion is Mag not a bad frame just you need to work for the better damage. She need still tweaks but overall she is a fine frame and not bad starter choice. The peoples whom choose mag in the beginning have a harder learning curve than Volt or Excall but easier to survive with mag than Loki who was also starter in time. Also if you choose mag at first then you can master the harder frames aswell much easier. 

Also - Mag prime is Best prime. 

Edited by Coney18

Mag needs only tweaks and qol changes but overall she is a good frame. Never good to be as a starter because the peoples will bore the starter frames and always wish go looking further to search another frames. If mag were not a starter and her abilities much stronger and put into high content then it will be an unique experience to get her. I personally not mind she is starter now I started with Loki back in time and when I got my mag she become my go to frame so quickly. I simply love her and she reminds me some times :)

She is pretty and useful. Mag lacks of survivability like almost all frame which was available on the beginning and she needs some qol changes to be up to date because she is not so great on higher levels. She needs mostly some self healing or some way to balance her squishynss. Defensive abilities as passive or built in defense for like the megnetize as bullet deflector.

She also need some more energy because her energy level is low as a caster frame and her abilities use the "classic" energy management pattern so the first ability 25 the second 50, third 75 and the last 100. Her 150 max energy without flow is pretty low even with flow '300' still low consider her abilities except magnetize not scale so she cannot deal with higher content than 70-100. A 150 energy at start will be a good step to be more viable and also like Coney's idea to add to the crush some invulnerability while she use her abilities. That would be nice in most situations because pretty much her shields on higher conten not able to deflect or avoid the incoming harms from corpus-grineer even infestation.

Also the shield gating is still nowhere and it sounded from Bunny's overview it is difficult to say it is worth to add or have any real impact on gameplay.

I would like to use her more but for me my nova is pretty much can does what mag cannot currently. She could be much more used if her got some tweaks and make a little bit less squishy. 

MAG was so good before its shame what she has becoem i dont play her but i wanted to buy that skin so much but ill skip it they should have reworked her in a good way makes me sad to wanting to give plat but not at this point she is in. Perhaps in rework 3.0 or 4.0 i already forgot how many times she got ''nerfed''