Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What in your opinion is the best cc shotgun?

Vademar306

Hi fellow tenno, it's come to my attention that there are alot of new shotguns released these days.  The good old tigris and hek are only single target weapons so id like to know what you use most,  say against a hord of infested or for crowds, is it kohm, arca plasmor, boar sobek, strun or even astilla?

Thanks!

If i was to guess, Arca Plasmor with blast would be best since status doesn't effect it badly if it's to 100% and also it hits multiple enemies. Though really shotguns are not mean't for CC, they are more for BANG BANG your dead type thing, and at the end of the day I would take BANG BANG your dead type of thing over CC. Though if you are looking for CC weapons well sonicor your good old secondary weapon, has all the CC you could ever wish for.

Edited by CaptainJLP

Putting punchthrough makes pretty much all of them good for crowds, even more so the ones that can achieve 100% statuschance premultishot (like StrunW and BoarP) if modded with Blast.

But, if I had to give the crown to just one, I'd probably vote for Arca Plasmor. Very wide projectile, innate punchthrough, guaranteed impact-procs within a certain range, great statuschance without the wonky shotgun statusmechanics, innate Radiation damage making it likely to proc said status which makes it good for CC even at mediumlong ranges.

Arca Plasmor can wipe out crowds in an instant, though as with all shotguns, the high base damage means you'll likely kill them rather than CC, especially considering enemies have to hit around level 50 before they can start properly tanking shotgun blasts, and that's either only in Sorties or long endless runs.

Astilla is apparently quite good, but I would say Boar Prime is my go-to room sweeper.

Tigris Prime, Arca Plasmor, Astilla, Vaykor Hek...

All are solid shotgun choices. It depends on what you need them for.

Tigris is the best at killing super armored stuff; Arca Plasmor can sweep up smaller mobs and leave only the scent of radioactive pine behind; Astilla is just a great gun when you have Carrier to keep refilling your ammo; and the Vaykor Hek is just a good all-around shotgun.

23 minutes ago, reptillicus said:

The best overall has got to be the sweeper prime modded for blast and electricity procs.

As for the best that you can use yourself? I'd say the Astilla, BUT! for the most part shotguns are meant to kill really quickly and not CC.

Blast and electricity aren't very good in terms of support. Radiation and virus have more impact providing infested ancients' aura disable, come enemy confusion and health reduction in twice.

As for the shotguns, Arca Plasmor is on beast of a cc and damage. It staggers and it irradiates, it has crits and it can be modded for corrosion along with it's innate radiation, that will melt both grineer and infested. Sobek with acidic shells is very strong too, provided you focus on killing the weaker targets first to start the chain of blasts.

Sobek + acid shells + shattering justice (the syndicate mod). Try it. 1 shot can clear a whole bunch of enemies. Although this weapon kinda suffer at higher tier (sortie 3 level)

I've been using it more than I can imagine, nearly my most used weapon now. I even got a decent riven for it, all the better

Edited by LordNero86
Oversized fingers, phone too small

I use a 100% status Strun Wraith but for armor strip/damage not CC.  I guess you could make it into a CC gun, but if you have a decent riven for it you're likely to just outright kill enemies instead of CC them.

Also everytime you shoot something and it doesn't die you'll get impact procs and stagger them.  So at a base level it has some CC without ele-combo for it.

Also the Strun has the highest pellet count than all the contenders with enough Status to hit 100% (which if you know how shotgun status procs work (100%>>>>99.9%).