Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Would you consider the zaw to be better then warframe weapons?

blueboy90780

As the question states - I wanna know if the zaw weapons are more better then warframe weapons or not. Out of my experience so far, the zaw seems to be more balanced in terms of physical states - there is a fair amount of status chance or critical chance, not sure if there are any other ones that diverse from this. What do you guys think of the zaw? and should we use it more often?

Zaws are actually very powerful, especially once gilded. I made a basic dagger with all t1 parts, and it has 18%base CC, 2x, 18% status, and 1.17 atk spd. Between Bloodrush and Condition Overload, it wrecks things. It's nice to finally have a dagger that can hold its own without relying on Covert Lethality cheese, though I threw it on anyway for that extra 100 melee damage.

1 minute ago, Bravely_Casual said:

Except there are Zaw Rivens. Which will work on weapon tips, so if you have a Kronsh Riven and 20 Kronsh Zaws, you have a riven for 20 unique weapons.

Weren't they also with 3 dispo or something?

But my point still stands - nothing can be comparable in the current Warframe situation, due to the rivens. Especially things like Dragon Nikana's 4 dispo.

2 minutes ago, blueboy90780 said:

Any in general, take a really good one for comparison sake

MEWAN + KROOSTRA + VARGEET II RUHANG

ATTACK SPEED 0.717
CRITICAL CHANCE 36.0%
CRITICAL MULTIPLIER 2.0x
STATUS 10.0%
TOTAL DAMAGE 113.6
IMPACT 28.4
PUNCTURE 39.8
SLASH 45.4
LEAP ATTACK 227.2
SLIDE ATTACK 252.4
WALL ATTACK

And depending on the strike you can also get 32% (others) or 36% (ooltha) status chance, which makes it nicely good for close to, or 100% status and condition overload. The links are ekwana II jai for status and +speed -damage, or ekwana II ruhang for status and -speed +damage.

Edited by nms.

What's interesting about the Zaw Daggers: The cheapest upgrades are among the best options, which is to make them as fast as possible. Why? Due to Covert Lethality's flat damageboost (and finishers being faster with faster weapons).

For example (all gilded stats): A Balla/Peye/Jai2 is only 56 damage, but has a whooping 1.25 attackspeed. In terms of (noncrit, nonstatus) DPS, that's only 70, but after CL, it's as high as 195.
If you instead go for damage, with Balla/Kwath/Ruhang2, you have 95 damage and 0,8 attackspeed. Base DPS is 76, but after CL it's only 156.
A more balanced build, like Balla/Laka/Ruhang1, you have 77 damage and 0,933 attackspeed. So, 71,8 at base, but 165 after CL.

In essence, when building your Zaw Dagger, I'd recommend to go for as much speed as possible! Besides the benefits it has with CL (higher dps and faster finishers), for open combat it's also arguably better because the fast attackspeed let's you build up the combo counter faster, you proc status more often (good if you wanna do a Condition Overload build on it) and let's you get to the finisher combo in Stinging Thorn faster.

Just my 2 ducats.

On 10/27/2017 at 10:54 AM, Bravely_Casual said:

Zaws are actually very powerful, especially once gilded. I made a basic dagger with all t1 parts, and it has 18%base CC, 2x, 18% status, and 1.17 atk spd. Between Bloodrush and Condition Overload, it wrecks things. It's nice to finally have a dagger that can hold its own without relying on Covert Lethality cheese, though I threw it on anyway for that extra 100 melee damage.

which stance are you using? Pointed wind still?

2 hours ago, Azamagon said:

What's interesting about the Zaw Daggers: The cheapest upgrades are among the best options, which is to make them as fast as possible. Why? Due to Covert Lethality's flat damageboost (and finishers being faster with faster weapons).

For example (all gilded stats): A Balla/Peye/Jai2 is only 56 damage, but has a whooping 1.25 attackspeed. In terms of (noncrit, nonstatus) DPS, that's only 70, but after CL, it's as high as 195.
If you instead go for damage, with Balla/Kwath/Ruhang2, you have 95 damage and 0,8 attackspeed. Base DPS is 76, but after CL it's only 156.
A more balanced build, like Balla/Laka/Ruhang1, you have 77 damage and 0,933 attackspeed. So, 71,8 at base, but 165 after CL.

In essence, when building your Zaw Dagger, I'd recommend to go for as much speed as possible! Besides the benefits it has with CL (higher dps and faster finishers), for open combat it's also arguably better because the fast attackspeed let's you build up the combo counter faster, you proc status more often (good if you wanna do a Condition Overload build on it) and let's you get to the finisher combo in Stinging Thorn faster.

Just my 2 ducats.

yeah full speed + crit its the way to go with dagger thx to the new stance to stack bleed and get the finisher faster also speeding up the animation.

You end with: 32% crit, multiplies x2, 60 base damage and a whoping 1.16 speed even the status chance will still remain "decent" in a 10% in comparation to any dagger or even other melees in the game.

How im seeing it Zaw are going to be stronger as prime if not more in some types of weapons, right now Zaws totally put in shame any dagger or machete.

• 2 weeks later...

Zaw Daggers are best in class.

I've made myself Balla + Peye + Ekwana II Jai (only 60 base damage, but 1,17 speed, 32% status) and it outclasses all daggers and most quick one handed weapons in the game 

Staves, Polearms and Swords are disappointements compared to existing weapons.

56 minutes ago, (PS4)NoVa_Erk said:

is it able to use the ZAW weapons outside of the Plains of Eidolon Open World or are these weapons especially only useable in the Eidolon open world?

Wouldn't be much point if you couldn't use them everywhere (you can use them everywhere)

1 hour ago, saradonin said:

Zaw Daggers are best in class.

I've made myself Balla + Peye + Ekwana II Jai (only 60 base damage, but 1,17 speed, 32% status) and it outclasses all daggers and most quick one handed weapons in the game 

Staves, Polearms and Swords are disappointements compared to existing weapons.

Agreed. I am somewhat upset about range for polearms and such, since I was very much looking forward to replacing my Orthos with something else. Speed is good on Zaw, but range? :(

1 hour ago, Tachibana_Hibiki said:

Zaws look like some kind of hobo tools, welded together from random pieces found in a trash pile (which isn't that far from how they are obtained).

And the only important thing in Warframe is how good you look while killing thousands of grineer soldiers and corpus crewmen.

After you gild them and put some arcanes on them, they look better. I do love the small gems added for each level of arcane.

In any case the idea of custom weapon wich you can slowly improve is awesome, imo.

I wounder, if the promised infested Zaw will be a sidegrade or upgrade for current ones? Or different weapons?

Edited by rand0mname

While we're at it - can anyone share his/her experiences with Zaw Machetes?
It seems they can be best in class as well, but I didn't bothered with it, because after 40+ Dakata cache runs I still don't have Cyclone Kraken and we all know Sundering Weave is simply bad.

If I remember correctly Machete, Rapier, Dagger and Stave Zaws are all very easy to make "best in class". The problem is that better than meh is still not very good. 

Especially in the case of daggers where the lowest damage Zaw does more damage than any dagger. 

47 minutes ago, saradonin said:

While we're at it - can anyone share his/her experiences with Zaw Machetes?

I made a ' CYATH + KWATH + VARGEET RUHANG II ', and it is one of the strongest weapons that I own. Out of the zaws I have built, it is in the top 2 with the dagger being #1. 

Cyath hits very hard with Cyclone Kraken, and with a condition overload hybrid build, it melts anything.  It is easily worth farming cyclone kraken for this weapon alone. 

Edited by LazyKnight