Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Too many login failures, try again later?

XenMaster

Question

21 answers to this question

It's more than a simple IP lockout (which in and of itself is a stupid way to handle this type of issue).  My daughter has this issue.  Somehow an extra few characters were added to the "Account" field (resulting in her email address plus a few extra invalid characters), which made the account being logged into the wrong account, not even her own account.  She was entering the right password, she just didn't see that there was extra characters in the account field.

I changed my daughter's IP address on our network (and did the requisite ipconfig /release & /renew to pick up the new IP address), and it still won't let her login using valid credentials. I also can't login to my own account on her system.  She can login to her account from my system on the same network, no problem. I can login to my own account on my system as well.

Given that I've given her PC a new IP address, and the issue persists, I assume this means they actually put something in her local config files (or *shudder* her registry) on her PC that will self-destruct after some amount of time (rather than manage the lock-out on a simple timer at the server end, like EVERY OTHER ONLINE GAME).  If in fact the lockout timer is 24 hours, that's a crappy way to deal with the issue of failed logins.  Too many ways that can screw a player when there was no ill intent or foul play.

• Like 5

To fix This problem Just open your CMD Promting and type in ipconfig /Release, after that you will lose your internet connection and this will be fixed with the following type in ipconfig /renew  hit enter and that should have fixed the problem, and also very important  is that if the changes didnt take imidiate effect then PLS restart the pc and your problem will be solved ! NOTE try to login befor you restart if it doesnt let you log in and prompts you with the same login error then restart the PC, after that the Problem should be resolved, it worked fine for me ! 

Edited by DizzyDisciple
  • Like 6

Am 29.12.2017 um 06:53 schrieb TheBalrogTx:

It's more than a simple IP lockout (which in and of itself is a stupid way to handle this type of issue).  My daughter has this issue.  Somehow an extra few characters were added to the "Account" field (resulting in her email address plus a few extra invalid characters), which made the account being logged into the wrong account, not even her own account.  She was entering the right password, she just didn't see that there was extra characters in the account field.

I changed my daughter's IP address on our network (and did the requisite ipconfig /release & /renew to pick up the new IP address), and it still won't let her login using valid credentials. I also can't login to my own account on her system.  She can login to her account from my system on the same network, no problem. I can login to my own account on my system as well.

Given that I've given her PC a new IP address, and the issue persists, I assume this means they actually put something in her local config files (or *shudder* her registry) on her PC that will self-destruct after some amount of time (rather than manage the lock-out on a simple timer at the server end, like EVERY OTHER ONLINE GAME).  If in fact the lockout timer is 24 hours, that's a crappy way to deal with the issue of failed logins.  Too many ways that can screw a player when there was no ill intent or foul play.

It's more than a simple IP lockout (which in and of itself is a stupid way to handle this type of issue).  My daughter has this issue.  Somehow an extra few characters were added to the "Account" field (resulting in her email address plus a few extra invalid characters)

I changed my daughter's IP address on our network !

It seems to me that you have a different problem since you went and changed the IP on Router/Modem/Windows Network Sharing center, revert thoughs changes and just do the simple IP release & IP renew config ! dont manualy change the IP since you dont have a static IP from your ISP!

Edited by DizzyDisciple

On 2017-12-28 at 9:53 PM, TheBalrogTx said:

Changing your device IP on the local network doesn't change your external IP address, the one assigned to your ISP modem, you would need to get a new IP from the modem itself. Restarting the modem can sometimes do that or you may need to call your ISP.

On 2017-10-27 at 11:49 PM, Reecey_ said:

for me it was 3 days...

On 2017-10-27 at 11:50 PM, Synikal said:

It made me wait a whole 24 hours... so I ended up logging in with a VPN cuz I couldn't wait that long

I had this Problem with the Epic Game's Launcher.... Six Months later it still refused to let me Log In....

And that's why I've never played Fortnite 😈 !!!

On 2018-01-05 at 4:36 PM, DizzyDisciple said:

To fix This problem Just open your CMD Promting and type in ipconfig /Release, after that you will lose your internet connection and this will be fixed with the following type in ipconfig /renew  hit enter and that should have fixed the problem, and also very important  is that if the changes didnt take imidiate effect then PLS restart the pc and your problem will be solved ! NOTE try to login befor you restart if it doesnt let you log in and prompts you with the same login error then restart the PC, after that the Problem should be resolved, it worked fine for me ! 

This worked perfectly.

Hadn't played in ages.. forgot password.. reset password.. try to log in with new password.. locked out for god knows how long. Dafuq? 

Thank you for helping to fix this!

1. Downloaded a random free VPN online (I used ProtonVPN since it was the first result that came up) or use your VPN if you own one.

2. I set up a my VPN and chose a server in another country

3. Launched Warframe and viola the "too many log-in failures" is now circumvented and I successfully logged in

4. Somehow, I discovered you can disable your VPN after logging in and you can continue playing the game without interruptions 

*It seems the "too many log-in failures" screen is tied to your IP address, but once access is granted, you can continue playing the game on your default "banned" IP*

• Like 1

On 2022-01-05 at 2:55 AM, Demonfox560 said:

1. Downloaded a random free VPN online (I used ProtonVPN since it was the first result that came up) or use your VPN if you own one.

2. I set up a my VPN and chose a server in another country

3. Launched Warframe and viola the "too many log-in failures" is now circumvented and I successfully logged in

4. Somehow, I discovered you can disable your VPN after logging in and you can continue playing the game without interruptions 

*It seems the "too many log-in failures" screen is tied to your IP address, but once access is granted, you can continue playing the game on your default "banned" IP*

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Nekros

On 2018-01-06 at 4:36 AM, DizzyDisciple said:

WORKS!!!!

This has just happened to me even though i was putting the right password in. The only day i had to be on to help my bro out too. WTF. Why do they not have a option to see the password before you log in too ( even though i checked to make sure every click was putting something in ) 

On 2018-01-05 at 4:36 PM, DizzyDisciple said:

ur a goat

On 2018-01-06 at 12:36 AM, DizzyDisciple said:

this did not work for me, maybe it does not anymore. Anyhow it doesnt make sense. If it doesnt work only for me im dumb or whole thing is dumb. If they fixed it so noone could, its even dumber why not just remove it instead of empowering the unneeded security.

I'm straight up not going to play the game then. It has been over 1 hour now. I give up, going to go play something else that works. I tried the CMD prompt and reset computer, didn't work for me. 

Edited by Heartsockau