Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Concept for a multi-stance weapon (I HAVE THE FIRST FEW VARIANTS UPLOADED, check them out) (Inspired by the Dark splitswords unique stances functionality)

(PSN)PsychoKookaburra

Ok, so bassicly I had an idea for a new melee weapon. I still haven't named it, but its gonna have the same ability that the dark spitsword has when it comes to how you can apply both heavy blade stances and dual sword stances. Except my melee can use alot more stances, including 'Sword', 'Dual swords', 'Throwing Melee' (Must have, since it will be its generic varient so it starts as a throwing melee) , 'Gunblade'(Or this will be the starting varient?), 'Heavy Blade', 'Dagger', 'Dual Dagger'. Each with different looks and stats. I will upload images of each variation as I finish designing there first 'look'.

This is the 'Throwing melee' 1st version - WIP

https://imgur.com/a/PaYzG

This is the 'Sword' 1st version - WIP

https://imgur.com/a/fPXqy

This is the 'Gunblade' 1st version - WIP

https://imgur.com/a/zL8ZP

This is the 'Dual Swords' 1st version (Also the first variant to actually have the split in the handles) - WIP

https://imgur.com/a/8Cpqx

Edited by (PS4)PsychoKookaburra

8 minutes ago, (PS4)PsychoKookaburra said:

Ok, so bassicly I had an idea for a new melee weapon. I still haven't named it, but its gonna have the same ability that the dark spitsword has when it comes to how you can apply both heavy blade stances and dual sword stances. Except my melee can use alot more stances, including 'Sword', 'Dual swords', 'Throwing Melee' (Must have, since it will be its generic varient so it starts as a throwing melee) , 'Gunblade'(Or this will be the starting varient?), 'Heavy Blade', 'Dagger', 'Dual Dagger'. Each with different looks and stats. I will upload images of each variation as I finish designing there first 'look'.

Im having an issue. Im not entirely sure about how to put an image up... Help?

to put an image up, you link it to the forum post using the "chain" icon when making a post, put the picture up on imgur or google docs first so you can link it

Well...

I'd like to say, the concept for a "more than just one different type" is appealing, but I'm afraid it may be to overpowered.

Now, not all, but a good portion of Warframe weapons are inspired by some sort of "real-life" counterpart

If I were you, I'd make a design of of a Tian-Po Sword, or the sliding sword, from Japan and China. 

Essentially, the blade's grip slid along the metal, allowing it to change from a long sword, to a dagger, or a dual-bladed, machete like weapon

you could lock each configuration into place, so it wouldn't slide

Or, alternative, you didn't lock the place at all, altering the strikes that would follow with each swing.

Just now, (PS4)DeerGodWrath said:

Well...

I'd like to say, the concept for a "more than just one different type" is appealing, but I'm afraid it may be to overpowered.

Now, not all, but a good portion of Warframe weapons are inspired by some sort of "real-life" counterpart

If I were you, I'd make a design of of a Tian-Po Sword, or the sliding sword, from Japan and China. 

Essentially, the blade's grip slid along the metal, allowing it to change from a long sword, to a dagger, or a dual-bladed, machete like weapon

you could lock each configuration into place, so it wouldn't slide

Or, alternative, you didn't lock the place at all, altering the strikes that would follow with each swing.

I like this idea. but the reason i need to put up an image is because ive already made the first model... i Might look into your idea tho. sounds like it would be fun to make. Im using a 3d modeling software to make these so its difficult to just up and abandon it.

Just now, (PS4)PsychoKookaburra said:

I like this idea. but the reason i need to put up an image is because ive already made the first model... i Might look into your idea tho. sounds like it would be fun to make. Im using a 3d modeling software to make these so its difficult to just up and abandon it.

Mate, I totally wish I could model. That sounds fun as hell.

1st make either a google account or an imgur account (or whatever picture storage medium you want)
2nd upload the pictures on either google or imgur, they have the option on their sites, google i believe its the same as uploading a normal file: try using this link https://photos.google.com, then follow the directions to upload it, Imgur would be easier but i dont use it.

3rd link the pictures to the forum post by simply pasting the link.

EDIT: Imgur is a lot easier, its just like making a post, so simply make an account then link the pictures to the site by dragging it or manually finding it on your computer.

2 hours ago, (PS4)PsychoKookaburra said:

I know that bit, but im unsure about how to put it up on google. im kinda new to the internet so...

Edited by Linisti

4 minutes ago, Linisti said:

1st make either a google account or an imgur account (or whatever picture storage medium you want)
2nd upload the pictures on either google or imgur, they have the option on their sites, google i believe its the same as uploading a normal file: try using this link https://photos.google.com, then follow the directions to upload it, Imgur would be easier but i dont use it.

3rd link the pictures to the forum post by simply pasting the link.

EDIT: Imgur is a lot easier, its just like making a post, so simply make an account then link the pictures to the site by dragging it or manually finding it on your computer.

Yea. if you check the links you will see that i have done one excactly as you have said. thx tho. Btw. u should definetly check them out

Edited by (PS4)PsychoKookaburra

1 hour ago, (PS4)PsychoKookaburra said:

Really? How so?

When you use  charge attack with Zenistar, a disk(similar to the throwing version you've shown) flies out and does a consistent aoe attack. So it doubles as a normal melee and a ranged type, but I can tell yours is different.

I was thinking maybe one that you could swap types on the fly.
Two dual swords that you could stack together and turn into a polearm,
or take the two dual swords and stack them like dark spilt sword and make a heavyblade
or take one blade wield the other like a shield (or have the other turn into a shield)
Something that would be very versatile, I think it would be cool swapping and transforming your weapon like that.

Or fist weapons that split in half and turned into sparring weapons, something verstatile, like the fist version would be very high damage, the sparring would be very fast attacks with moderate. one for dealing with tough targets, the other for dealing with many targets.
Idk, I think it would be cool.

3 minutes ago, Linisti said:

When you use  charge attack with Zenistar, a disk(similar to the throwing version you've shown) flies out and does a consistent aoe attack. So it doubles as a normal melee and a ranged type, but I can tell yours is different.

I was thinking maybe one that you could swap types on the fly.
Two dual swords that you could stack together and turn into a polearm,
or take the two dual swords and stack them like dark spilt sword and make a heavyblade
or take one blade wield the other like a shield (or have the other turn into a shield)
Something that would be very versatile, I think it would be cool swapping and transforming your weapon like that.

Or fist weapons that split in half and turned into sparring weapons, something verstatile, like the fist version would be very high damage, the sparring would be very fast attacks with moderate. one for dealing with tough targets, the other for dealing with many targets.
Idk, I think it would be cool.

well thats the principle behind this weapon, not during battle but the same way the dark splitsword works. Apply a Dual sword stance and it becomes a dual sword. apply a Gunblade stance nd it becomes a gunblade. And I didnt think of adding a sword and sheild varient, It would be an ambitous task and take a fair amount of time but i think its possible. Thx