The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

i got banned for the in game chat for being gay

She-Who-Thirsts

1 hour ago, never-say-die said:

thats still offensive. if you banning insults why isnt jerk banned from chat or stupid or dumb or idiot? DE seems to have no problem with these words. 

I agree and sympathize. I've had people call me "stupid f-g-t", "moron", "idiot noob" and dozens of other insults. Last year I was in a clan with a guy who used ugly language in a mean way with high regularity, I even reported him personally a couple times and never noticed him get banned. I understand the DE isn't anti-lgbt but simply banning you for using the word gay or homosexual isn't a good way to fight against said ugliness.

Honestly, IMHO appeal your ban, I think DE will lift it.

And as far as the ban-hammer goes.....sadly, I think you/we have to chalk it up to "It's an imperfect system." If they don't ban a homosexual user for using the word "gay", then they can't ban a bigot who uses it in a cruel, insulting way, either. They just can't afford to pay people to read every single line of chat in every single channel-and then use perfect judgement with each one. It sucks, but that probably the truth of it.

Edited by FierceRadiance

8 hours ago, never-say-die said:

I got banned from the in game for saying "im gay".

i am bisexual, and as such find it offensive and discriminatory that i was banned for this. gay is not an insult and plz stop treating it like one its offensive. how long with this ban last? 

Do you mean you were temporarily suspended from chat for a few minutes for using a banned word that's used in a derogatory way to insult people?
That's not the same as being banned & it's not the same as being banned for being a minority. 

If its ingame and not in relay chat, then you're only temp banned. Just restart your game.

My question for you. Any reason why you're telling others your sexuality? Seems unnecessary and if it's for someone you made friends with in warframe. You could've just whispered them.

Chat filters are bots, they do not understand context. 

More often than not, the term 'gay' is used as a derogatory insult, which is likely why it filtered out from the public channels. Feel free to use such words in Clan, Alliance and Private Messages. 

You didn’t get banned for being gay. You got banned for saying the word gay. Certain players use that word to discriminate other players, which is why they ban the word from being used. 

1 minute ago, never-say-die said:

i do realize this post is a bit hyperbolic and i apologize for that, i just wanted to know how long the chat suspension will last.

The ban usually lasts 24 hours.

News flash!

There are some people out there that find gay people offensive, you dont have to agree with them, but they have that right. Just because youre ok with it doesnt mean that those that dont agree are "wrong". i suggest you stop being so sensitive and leave your sexuality out of the game and its chat features. Keep it game related at all times.

Edited by (XB1)Deadly Moves

1 hour ago, Husla said:

If its ingame and not in relay chat, then you're only temp banned. Just restart your game.

My question for you. Any reason why you're telling others your sexuality? Seems unnecessary and if it's for someone you made friends with in warframe. You could've just whispered them.

Yeah gotta agree why would you post something personal about your sexuality in a chat window on an online game? I mean it’s not like Warframe is tinder, there’s 0 reason to post any personal information, doing so isn’t a great idea in the first place, for example only 4 people in my alliance/clan even know my actual name as opposed to my in game name, only because I’ve known them for months and we hang out on discord daily.

Who cares? 

No one cares about your sexuality, your religion or your political beliefs. Keep it to yourself. Keep it away from the game and from public game chats. Suspension was deserved. How about you grow up and stop being oversensitive, self-centered manipulator playing victim and making a show out of it?

38 minutes ago, saradonin said:

Who cares? 

No one cares about your sexuality, your religion or your political beliefs. Keep it to yourself. Keep it away from the game and from public game chats. Suspension was deserved. How about you grow up and stop being oversensitive, self-centered manipulator playing victim and making a show out of it?

giphy.gif