The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Twitch is now the death of Twitch Drops. "No AFK" Rule now exists.

ShortbusGangster

3 minutes ago, Rambit23Z said:

I'm still getting a fair amount of drops and my twitch streams are on a seperate server.

Yeah, I have mine on a VM I spun up for this purpose. Haven't had any problems, it's been running in the background for days and sending me neat-o stuff. 

TBH the Twitch event was broken from the start and is/was a complete disaster. I really hope to god they don't do anything like this again. If anymore promo's pop up I hope its focused on you yourself playing the game rather than watching someone play it.

Being unable to fix the "claimed unlink/link bug" while streamers are basically running the start if the game over and over again (24hrs), has left a bitter taste in my mouth.

I doubt DE has actually looked at some of the streamers that benefited massively in all this. Some good YouTubers out there that don't stream were left in the cold.    

Honestly I'm glad this change was implemented. The drops system was meant to encourage the popularity of both WarFrame and the streamers (both partnered and not), which in itself is a great idea. However with the ability to cheese the drops and have 20+ streams open, muted, and ignored to get thousands of drops, it's detrimental to both causes. Unfortunately the change came too late and while the system is actually serving it's purpose now, no one cares anymore and is even complaining because they can't get hundreds of free drops an hour for doing nothing and instead only get a couple for actually participating in the community.

5 hours ago, ShortbusGangster said:

How do we get Twitch to hear our frustration with this completely moronic new rule? Multi twitch is supposedly against the rules, so that can't be used to stop AFK.
Even if you're actively playing Warframe on one screen and watching a Twitch Streamer on another, you'll still get listed as AFK. 

How many Fireworks do you need ?