Echoes of Duviri: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Oppurtunity > Punishment

Hayden11121

I don't farm for anything anymore.

I have my set up, other then Bronco Prime, which will be added to my inventory shortly.

So I don't need to farm anything, so this punishment of making farming harder does not affect me. I will simply stop playing.

That is not the punishment you want, DE. You want players to get burnt out even more then ever? Especially with that new gun needing 4 neurodes, you'd make it twice as hard? Players will simply say "Screw That" and play another game. I've done it before...

Now, I would help more then the 250 points I got if the "Corpus trade will be inflated, meaning resources drop more often"

Instead of "Corpus trade reduced"

I do not like how you punish every player for something. Some are working their asses off, some don't care.

Some will be new players, who won't be able to get the 500 polymer bundles for their Chronus because some veterans didn't take out Europa's ship.

Does this really seem like a fair thing?

I would participate more to help every other player, but that would encourage more behavior like this.

So, I guess I am biting my own nose to spite my face, but if it gets the point across, then oh well.

You say that as though there isn't a 99% chance every Fomorian will be destroyed before the event is over.

This is true, but bad design is still bad design, and it will come back to bite us later on if it isn't called out.

+1 OP, from another guy who also doesn't need to farm anything for a long time

Ehhh, you're taking this too seriously either have fun or don't I myself like how we have a punishment as well instead of just a punishment for once. A good amount of people were saying the other day on the forums how they never get punished in these weekend events if they lose so they don't have to try too hard(not a good thing). If you don't want to participate that's fine I'll do extra work to make up for your slack but stop trying to get parts of the game that I enjoy out it's not cool.

Him again?

This guy has had a pretty big number of posts, all endlessly complaining hardcore about something or another. And when people try to tell him he's wrong, he spews out the same things constantly, refuses to accept anything that might even HINT about him being wrong, and when people get irritated and insult him, He just deletes the thread. Best to just ignore him and move on, No good will come of this.

Him again?

This guy has had a pretty big number of posts, all endlessly complaining hardcore about something or another. And when people try to tell him he's wrong, he spews out the same things constantly, refuses to accept anything that might even HINT about him being wrong, and when people get irritated and insult him, He just deletes the thread. Best to just ignore him and move on, No good will come of this.

You seem to focus on the fact I have a lot of posts.

I want the community to hear my opinion, so I voice it.

You seem to mention that I closed one thread.

I closed it, I gave a 10 minute warning, and there was more then enough insults thrown around to have warning points given out, so I figured I was doing everyone quite a nice favor and closing the thread.

If you decide to be immature much longer, you can simply message me with any problems you have. Otherwise I am not "Complaining"

I honestly feel it is wrong to punish players who couldn't possibly participate, and instead should promote a reward for winning, instead of a punishment for losing.

It makes the game feel somewhat like a chore in a sense, and since they have listened to our ideas last time *Tiers for rewards*, they obviously read the forums and take notice.

If you honestly believe I am a bad poster, that is your call. However, I cannot say you are any better then me, going off topic, insulting, and trying to start arguments.

I'm confused. What kind of event would work to keep the whiners in check?

The road of least resistance for DE would be to stop doing events altogether.

I swear, nobody's ever happy.

I quite enjoyed the event.

It brought the community together, I made a total of 8 new friends, and I got to see a new mechanic not only with the short animation of "Pushing" the corruptor in, but the corruptor model itself.

These small new things were quite nice, but I cannot say I am too happy with the punishment.

Of course, at this rate, we will not gain said punishment, but it's better to voice our opinion then grovel in our own thoughts and have nothing changed.

i dont hate the punishment, well more like i dont care. Where ever there is good, there is bad. I just hope "several weeks" doesnt mean a month, we only have one month of summer left, Maybe a week will be fine. 

You seem to focus on the fact I have a lot of posts.

I want the community to hear my opinion, so I voice it.

You seem to mention that I closed one thread.

I closed it, I gave a 10 minute warning, and there was more then enough insults thrown around to have warning points given out, so I figured I was doing everyone quite a nice favor and closing the thread.

If you decide to be immature much longer, you can simply message me with any problems you have. Otherwise I am not "Complaining"

I honestly feel it is wrong to punish players who couldn't possibly participate, and instead should promote a reward for winning, instead of a punishment for losing.

It makes the game feel somewhat like a chore in a sense, and since they have listened to our ideas last time *Tiers for rewards*, they obviously read the forums and take notice.

If you honestly believe I am a bad poster, that is your call. However, I cannot say you are any better then me, going off topic, insulting, and trying to start arguments.

Just telling it like it is. This will play out the same no matter what i say.

Just trolling it like it is. This will play out the same no matter what i say.

While you're busy reading the future, why don't you give me the winning lottery ticket numbers?

That way I can get off of the forums while I collect my cash prize.

I've been burnt out for a while, but that's not DE's fault.

I was a "hardcore" player; I used to log on for several hours at a time, all day every day.

We all know how we get tired of eating the same meal everyday, and the concept applies here as well.

I called it quits at 40-50 points give or take, and I had to push myself to do it all yesterday evening

I am glad that you are voicing your opinion.

It can only help lead this game towards an equilibrium for both people with time on their hands, and those that lead larger lives outside of the gaming scene.

Unfortunately, people who play games for fun, or as a stress relief, tend to not see eye to eye with the challenge junkies or trophy hoarders

Edited by Guest

Willing to reap the spoils for winning but not willing to accept the consequences for losing?

I'm afraid that is just unfortunate.

This.

We have incentive to do the event, but last time there was an event people went "Well, not like DE is gonna let us FAIL it. They'll just change the % before it ends.".

Now we know what it takes to get the rewards - but we also know what will happen if we don't destroy all the ships.

think about it, what if a huge portion of players decided to not take out the ships on Jupiter, Europa, and Neptune. Or better yet what if it was Mercury, Venus, Earth, Mars, Saturn, and Jupiter (aka the first 6 planets new players will usually get access to first). Having threats of "punishment" is open to abuse and plants the seeds for a rough future...

This.

We have incentive to do the event, but last time there was an event people went "Well, not like DE is gonna let us FAIL it. They'll just change the % before it ends.".

Now we know what it takes to get the rewards - but we also know what will happen if we don't destroy all the ships.

This is also silly.

DE is going to leave us to burn if we can't take on this simple job. This event is far from difficult - we really are gonna lose out for about a week if we can't finish it.

This.

Exactly. I think they realized that we had caught on, that we really were not going to be allowed to fail. So they fixed it. Im not sure if that means they will "let" us fail this one, Or if, unlike the last two, this is a legit event.

Honestly there needs to be something at stake here...and i think the way they are doing it is absolutely wonderful. If we fail, which i still dont think will happen, we will just have to suck it up and deal with it. I don't see it as Punishment at all, I see it as the game's Lore having the possibility of having both Positive and Negative effects. More Immersive, More realistic. "More Better". lol

I love when DE have the gut to do something like this. I don't view the consequence of failure as a punishment but a way that we shape the universe of Warframe. DE gave us a golden opportunity to shape the narrative of the game.

What is a better game in term of immersion?

GameA : you are task with defending a village from a monster, you fail and the monster manage to destroy the village. However, the village looks the same after the attack and all the village are fine. You may have some difficulty during shopping due to lack of item after the attack.

GameB : you are to defend the village from a monster, you fail and the monster destroy the village. Everything is in ruin, dead NPC everywhere. The village is utterly destroy because of your incompetency.

Many games that were given praised by gaming community are in the second category. Bioshock, Dragon age, Dishonored, Mass Effect, Witcher 1-2, etc are about seeing the consequence of your action/inaction on the world. It gives the power to shape the narrative of the game into player's hand. Warframe, an online game that tries to create a persistent universe, should do the same.

People kept making threads and talking about what would happen if we failed. People would say that we can't fail, that nothing would happen and that DE would just hand us the rewards anyway. People would say that there isn't any meaning to the events, that we should have some kind of punishment, something negative if we failed.

DE listened. Now something happens if we fail.

Edited by FatalX7

I don't farm for anything anymore.

I have my set up, other then Bronco Prime, which will be added to my inventory shortly.

So I don't need to farm anything, so this punishment of making farming harder does not affect me. I will simply stop playing.

That is not the punishment you want, DE. You want players to get burnt out even more then ever? Especially with that new gun needing 4 neurodes, you'd make it twice as hard? Players will simply say "Screw That" and play another game. I've done it before...

Now, I would help more then the 250 points I got if the "Corpus trade will be inflated, meaning resources drop more often"

Instead of "Corpus trade reduced"

I do not like how you punish every player for something. Some are working their asses off, some don't care.

Some will be new players, who won't be able to get the 500 polymer bundles for their Chronus because some veterans didn't take out Europa's ship.

Does this really seem like a fair thing?

I would participate more to help every other player, but that would encourage more behavior like this.

So, I guess I am biting my own nose to spite my face, but if it gets the point across, then oh well.

Cronus*

This is Beta still, technically (isn't it?)  Means that they'll try stuff.  This'll probably be the format for events for a while now- people said "Events don't last long enough- people who work on weekends don't get a chance". They said "There is no Failure state, thus we'll succeed even if we don't work for it".  They said "How do we know we're actually contributing, and the counter isn't just automatic?"

Here we have a long-term event with a clear reward, clear requirements, and a clear failure state.  If people like it, and it receives positive feedback on the forums and in direct communications, they'll probably keep it.  Maybe make another variant using Corpus or Infested or something.

If it has negative feedback like the last one, they'll change up the format again, and run more tests.

This is Beta still, technically (isn't it?)  Means that they'll try stuff.  This'll probably be the format for events for a while now- people said "Events don't last long enough- people who work on weekends don't get a chance". They said "There is no Failure state, thus we'll succeed even if we don't work for it".  They said "How do we know we're actually contributing, and the counter isn't just automatic?"

Here we have a long-term event with a clear reward, clear requirements, and a clear failure state.  If people like it, and it receives positive feedback on the forums and in direct communications, they'll probably keep it.  Maybe make another variant using Corpus or Infested or something.

If it has negative feedback like the last one, they'll change up the format again, and run more tests.

^^ A Heaping spoonful of my This.