The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Oppurtunity > Punishment

Hayden11121

"Well Reasoned" is the sticking point there.

Arguments tend to have a lot of 'buzzwords' such as "Bottom Line" and "Alienating the Player Base" and "Quit until..."- the sorts of things that worry and catch the attention of developers who get payed based on the success of a title.

The people who do take the time to write up full reports are amazing, of course, but everyone has different opinions, and when you have a single post with dozens of different opinions, and a bunch of follow up posts agreeing and disagreeing with stuff...  That's harder to sort out.  As much as I'm sure they'd like to, DE probably can't afford to pay someone to read the entirety of the forums every day and prepare dockets of the overally forum feeling.

Some will be new players, who won't be able to get the 500 polymer bundles for their Chronus because some veterans didn't take out Europa's ship.

When the example you base your argument on involves new players farming for Polymer Bundles on Europa, I kind of have to wonder if you've ever actually played this game before.

I think the main problem that some of us are failing to see is that the galaxy is at war.  If you look at the evolution of the story and how DE is factoring in Role-Playing then the consequences for failure/rewards for succeeding, and the haphazrd-ish time-frame for events makes complete sense.  As we know/should know there isn't really anything fair about willingly/unwillingly participating in a war, anything can happen at any moment for any reason.   And it's in my humble opinion that DE is really trying to get this point across to us by introducing potentially grave consequences for failure.  At the same time they're also giving us an incentive to want to succeed.  Simply having no consequence events that only reward people will lead to the attitude of "Why bother trying?  We're going to get the prize anyway," and that's not the right mindset to be in for anything.

Him again?

This guy has had a pretty big number of posts, all endlessly complaining hardcore about something or another. And when people try to tell him he's wrong, he spews out the same things constantly, refuses to accept anything that might even HINT about him being wrong, and when people get irritated and insult him, He just deletes the thread. Best to just ignore him and move on, No good will come of this.

I love how you've addressed and rebutted his points in a logical and reasonable manner while giving examples to support your position like he did.

Edited by Tryysaeder

I love how you've addressed and rebutted his points in a logical and reasonable manner while giving examples to support your position like he did.

Because

When the example you base your argument on involves new players farming for Polymer Bundles on Europa, I kind of have to wonder if you've ever actually played this game before.

Way I see it, the dude is a well-disguised troll.

Warbros?

Pfft!

Quantum - Ok?

You kidding?

Warbros sits back in the Hall of Doom Dojo constantly plotting  planning how we'll enslave save the populous next.

Just recently our leader Lex Wiawyr stole was given 40 cakes. That is as much as four tens and that is terrible great.

I am still hoping the Community will fail some day though.

938.gif

Simply not possible.

No matter how dark or how bleak things get Warbros will be there to backpack all you scrubs till u git gud m8.

There is no stopping till GG.

You haven't seen the might of the Pink Giant Octopus.

Make no mistake, my clan was part of the hammer that was beating the nails on Eris, Ceres and Pluto.

But I just want to see will DE actually carry through a "punishment" :P

They actually buffed the drop rates in areas with fomo's. I've been getting alloy plates in stacks of 150s. So yeah, I'm pretty sure they had your worries in mind somewhat.

I'll have to agree with the Neurodes thong though, those are hell to get now.

Edited by NetDefault

Simply not possible.

No matter how dark or how bleak things get Warbros will be there to backpack all you scrubs till u git gud m8.

There is no stopping till GG.

This event will be ratio based for >1000 clans....

So i guess Warbros and such clans, will see fair and square if that's how it if or if they are random scrubs.... just living an old tale ;)

And someone said "Quantum".... if they perform like last event.... hell, their ratio % was best last event.... even if small i must say they do pack a punch =P

They actually buffed the drop rates in areas with fomo's. I've been getting alloy plates in stacks of 150s. So yeah, I'm pretty sure they had your worries in mind somewhat.

I'll have to agree with the Neurodes thong though, those are hell to get now.

I think that since the Fomorians were taking the loot and going to destroy it, it may have stockpiles of loot in it.