Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Halloween event PC only?

(PSN)supersocc11

I have done nothing but whine and complain like a ween on these boards for a solid week...Trying to see when Tennogen round 10 will come out and getting no answer from anyone. There seems to be something going on for them to be completely silent on the matter because normally they will at least tell you if there will be a long while to wait or if it coming soon.  Everything else has been business as usual and being great community managers.

I then got to thinking about this meteor falling from the sky in the plains and hearing speculation that it could be a halloween event...So would that mean that consoles wouldn't get a halloween event either since PoE is obviously not on consoles yet?  so no tennogen, halloween event, or any content until PoE launches in what is likely to be late november for consoles?

At this point I'm totally over not getting tennogen with pc, S#&$ happens, but I just want to know if DE plans on doing anything for console before PoE.  If not, I'm totally cool with that, just want to hear something, which typically they are very good at letting us know.  I am obviously being presumptuous and impatient, so shame on me i guess,  but like, one sentence would suffice :). Maybe DE themselves are just at a loss for what the console roadmap is...

Edited by (PS4)supersocc11

1 minute ago, Kurokoz said:

Lotus does say the meteors are landing outside of Cetus so that could mean the normal Earth tileset. And it's not like they have put 0 thought into what is going on with consoles but they are fairly limited by Microsoft and Sony.

If they mentioned Cetus with it I'm pretty sure the Plains are involved. They woudn't mention Cetus if it was just the normal Earth tileset.

Just now, Kurokoz said:

Lotus does say the meteors are landing outside of Cetus so that could mean the normal Earth tileset. And it's not like they have put 0 thought into what is going on with consoles but they are fairly limited by Microsoft and Sony.

That's true good thinkin...

And yes we all know that they are handcuffed by microsoft and sony, but in the past they have simply said something along the lines of "X unfortunately did not make it through Cert and will be released in the next update".  Instead they haven't said a word about console besides PoE being soon/november.  that's why i think that they just don't know exactly where things will fall, so instead they aren't saying anything.  which actually would be smart if that's the case.  Maybe they will surprise us :)

45 minutes ago, Duckboy3825 said:

Just confirmed that there is no Halloween tactical alert this year.

As if there are no assets from last year that could be recycled. This is just sad as it shows tunnel vision on PoE and Cinematic Quests are leaving actual content in the dust and halloween is only once a year. It's not like DE didn't have time to create an alert. They had a whole year. We are going on 8 months without a single acolyte encounter or tactical alert. Fomorian and Razorback are not even tactical alerts anymore as they are from invasion buildup and is already a bleak game mode. I am just venting my disappointment at how poorly framed the schedule and priority list seems to be. We also got 0 new skins this year as well. 

Recycle last years event for Halloween and start it on friday. 3 days is plenty of time to recycle and copy paste the code of last years event with 0 new assets.

Edited by --Q--Voltage

4 hours ago, morningstar999 said:

what a rip. 

People wouldve said that if they did.

3 hours ago, Hory94 said:

You can't spell DissapointmEnt without DE.

At this point i feel like people are just being unfair to DE, every evet so far was never this large, time consuming, nor dropping mid October.  This was huge for them and i understand that programming this mess can take all hands to fix it and copy it over to consoles while trying to meet a deadline. 

Im positive we can all miss 1 even that wouldve been rehashed and inevitably complained about.

Edited by (PS4)psycofang

11 hours ago, Avynire said:

PoE is not as polished as DE wanted in pc there are still quite alot server not responding and bugs, that's why we got like hotfixes almost everyday. At least when it come up on console it is almost likely bug free.

Oh, we'll still get bugs.  We just hope that the worst ones (especially game-breaking bugs) are gone.