The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fomorian Event, Aura 9.0, De's Weakness Become Visible

cary2010haha

There are over 10,000 people playing concurrently via steam and even more if you add the people playing without it.  Just because it's not problematic for the OP doesn't mean that it's not problematic for anyone.  Hell, I've run into entire groups that don't speak a lick of English, so knowing English won't help you in every situation.

Why are you people so opposed to having the lobby to provide info  and time to set up for a pug?

Woah, i'm not opposed to anything. Just gave my two cents since it worked for me, but only after i've been through half a dozen not-so-great groups. You get into a bad group, just leave it and try a new one. Change regions, etc. Finding a good group is not hard, and once you find it it's easy to stick with it by just doing communication 101.

I will say if they improved the voice system and bolstered the 'random group joining' to allow for 25 seconds of wait time so everyone could voice (if everyone speaks english, hell, if just one does and is actually helpful.. fingers crossed) you could ask what's needed (be it corruptors or if everyone has Energy Siphon / what frames are in use, if they are struggling, whatever!

Not to mention having a fully functioning voice system would do wonders for actual teamwork: sure, it'd have tons of trolls, but a mute to all voice that's assigned to saaaay.. numpad 0 .. and a quick popup menu via numpad . where each member of the group is listed 1-3 and you just press a button to mute them... and suddenly the inconvience goes down quickly, not to mention the ability to just leave the group if it's got vocal trolls.

In the meantime, I just co-op with a few friends and stay on skype : or solo. No point - to me - to do anything else.

I've jumped into a few Fomorian PUGs this afternoon. Every time, I've asked what corruptors everyone has slotted in the lobby, and every time I have received no response.

It's all well and good to communicate, but not if your comrades don't reciprocate.

I've jumped into a few Fomorian PUGs this afternoon. Every time, I've asked what corruptors everyone has slotted in the lobby, and every time I have received no response.

It's all well and good to communicate, but not if your comrades don't reciprocate.

and most of them left after one game

What if your team mates can't speak the same language or simply don't feel like responding?  Just suck it up and only get 3 points? 

Also, the first game with a pug doesn't give enough time to talk to team mates and give them a chance to change their corruptor.

And what if the people you know are busy during the weekend or playing other games?

I love how people are assuming that everyone has the same options as them and that there is literally nothing that could make this event harder than it needs to be for some people.

I wouldn't say people are assuming anything. The event is encouraging specific criteria. The last two events encouraged solo-play. This event encourages co-op. What the event is assuming however, is that *most* but not *all* jobs give employees the weekend off to rest. That is a fair assumption. Thus, many events are usually started on Friday, and continue on until Sunday/Monday. It is impossible to make a quick extermination event that accommodates every single time schedule. You win some, you lose some.

You could theoretically make a week or month-long event, but let's face it, people are going to be complaining about the ridiculously long length of the event and whether or not an end limit event exists. Therefore, quick weekend events are the best solution.

Ew, no. The whole point of the event is communication and I think you missed it. It's not hard to form a group and each bring a required item. I'd like to see Warframe move more in this direction, and require more complex coordination, not less. Clear room, clear room, clear room, do cipher, clear room, evacuate is a boring pattern that requires no teamwork whatsoever - you might as well be playing solo.

If communicating a single word is too much for you than maybe you should look into a single player game, or just play solo.

Just make Gear visible to all teammates and Aura mods visible to all teammates. In addition to that, make it easy to change Gear and Aura mods without going into your Arsenal screen and get rid of Aura polarity or make them all the same polarity(Aura symbol).

I wouldn't say people are assuming anything. The event is encouraging specific criteria. The last two events encouraged solo-play. This event encourages co-op. What the event is assuming however, is that *most* but not *all* jobs give employees the weekend off to rest. That is a fair assumption. Thus, many events are usually started on Friday, and continue on until Sunday/Monday. It is impossible to make a quick extermination event that accommodates every single time schedule. You win some, you lose some.

You could theoretically make a week or month-long event, but let's face it, people are going to be complaining about the ridiculously long length of the event and whether or not an end limit event exists. Therefore, quick weekend events are the best solution.

Work isn't the only obligation that people have, and if the end goal was to actually encourage coop, then that's all the more reason that the simple UI changes should have been made to accommodate it.  The great majority of players rely on the games matchmaking system to pair them with people to play most missions so it makes sense that the game should accommodate them.

Even if they implemented an icon or a color code to indicate what someone was bringing (equipped with), you would end up with player one having the same as player 2 and maybe even player 3....this would result in even more communication as to who will grab what etc. "Hey player 1, grab 'x', I'll grab 'y'..." and so on. Seems to me your method would solve zero and actually create the need for more communication, not less.

Soloution to people's problems with PUGing:

Join a clan that speaks your language.

Play with them.

Done.

Don't go all lone wolf PUG mode and expect to not run into communication issues.

The game was designed for clans to literally be one of the most important factors of gameplay, and they most certainly are. Not only for communication, but in order to actually expand progression through all of the  co-operative research goals.  If you aren't in a clan of like minded players you ARE going to miss out on over half of the game.

Last Month: "OH MY GOD THE EVENT WAS SO AWFUL WE HAD TO SOLO SO MUCH IN A CO-OP GAME IT'S NO FUN!"

This Month: "OH MY GOD THE EVENT WAS SO AWFUL WE HAD TO CO-OP SO MUCH IN A SOLO GAME IT'S NO FUN!"

If there was one thing that legitimately made me want to rip out my eyeballs and cry bloody tears until I died lamenting the stupidity of the human race, it's this thread.

If you are not willing to put in the effort it takes to meet a few players on warframe and group up with them, then just don't do Event stuff.  These are community events, and if you aren't willing to even use in-game chat to communicate with people then you are pretty much consciously deciding not to participate in the community.

I had no trouble just typing a few words like "I'm taking beta" and others doing the same in pugs, and in my clan it's easy since we use external voice, but I also think the OP has a point.

The aura system being hidden is an oversight by DE compared to the old artifact system's visibility.

And Warframe also has other communication devices that go beyond typing. e.g. the waypoint system. It was just in the game for who knows what, but people ended up using it to mark mods, so DE actually improved it to say "module" if you mark a mod directly. They can still expand this to show specific resource names, or other drop types, but it's an example of not having to type or say things, and it really helps communication. I think the OP's point about showing an equipped corruptor would have helped this event. Whether that fits into the HUD is another story.

We shouldn't be so quick to jump on someone when they're clearly making a suggestion to improve the game. You may still not agree, but your counter points should address his suggestion, rather than the lack of his suggestion. Even if addressing his suggestion is that you think that's too much hand-holding, that's actually addressing it, instead of averting the attention to your preferred method.

What i ask is De should focus on improve the UI and make it more convenient to everyone, let players communicate more easy by different ways but not only typing same words for thousand times.

But most reply is just about "WF is gd enough, no need to change, if you have problem, it's your problem, you should get out that situation yourself, because all is your problem. find a team, find a clan, find few friends and use chat....."

Edited by Cary2010haha

You're right, there's a bad habit on the forums about people going "The problem isn't Warframe, the problem is YOU!"  These people are usually wrong, and even if a suggested fix isn't necessarily a good thing, the fact that discussion is being made on a certain topic generally means something is wrong and Warframe needs to be changed to alleviate the issue.  Afterall, Warframe is very much a game in Beta.  This kinda stuff really ought to be expected.

All that said... You click on a bar (or maybe press 't'), you type in "beta," and you hit enter.  Seriously.  If this is hard for you, you desperately need to work on your typing skills.