Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nova rework/tweaks needed !/?

TheKurtiStryke

My most used warframe is nova, he's not bad as the old hydroid, but i think she needs some tweaks/changes at her abiliies kit.

ability N1 is mhe...useless even with the augment

ability N2 isn't bad,isn't useless but either funny..just strong

ability N3 is useless, or rather, occasionally useful(like in Lor/in sortie with the operative to make hih quickly shift to a safe place or when you want to move fast around the map), in my opinion, with the new parkour system, it has become almost useless

ability N4 is good, nothing else to say

I think she really needs some tweaks/changes or more synergy for her abilities, she feels old comparated to the new warframes/ old reworked warframe, changes made to oberon/volt/hydroid/etc etc would be good for nova.

what do you think? do you agree with me? you don't agree? what would you do?What do you recommend?

Null Star grants 5% damage reduction for each star orbiting her. Antimatter Drop is easily charged and converts high single target damage into massive radial damage capable of instantly killing almost everything in the game. Wormhole was made mostly redundant with Parkour 2.0, but recently became extremely useful in the Plains of Eidolon. Molecular Prime is one of the strongest buffs/debuffs in the game.

Nova is, in my opinion, one of the best frames in the game.

31 minutes ago, TheKurtiStryke said:

ability N3 is useless, or rather, occasionally useful(like in Lor/in sortie with the operative to make hih quickly shift to a safe place or when you want to move fast around the map), in my opinion, with the new parkour system, it has become almost useless

First ability is way less useless now that we know it's actually a shield. Now they just have to make the other part of the ability useful.

Second ability is insanely powerful, in my opinion nova should be able to make it explode in the air by pressing 2 again (which remove the ability to use several orb at the same time).

Third ability is situational... but since nobody play her with range (unless in the plains maybe) it's quite pointless. It's useful in the LoR raid though. It could be reworked into something else.

Fourth ability is completely stupid and insanely OP, but I don't see them nerfing it because that would mean making nova completely useless (in the eyes of players).

Edited by Trichouette

27 minutes ago, TheKurtiStryke said:

what do you think? do you agree with me? you don't agree? what would you do?What do you recommend?

Go take a cold shower and begin to play to gain more hours and knowlegde generally

about this game and specially about the best by far frame

4 minutes ago, TheKurtiStryke said:

k , if you think i said only bullsh*t then let's use nova the way it is, spam only 4..

No, OP I think that you simply don't have knowledge or experience to judge the full utility of Nova, yet I am not going to spend 10+ minutes to write down a basic guide "How to Nova in 2017" for you. 

1 minute ago, Anthraxicus said:

Her augment would be better if it gave the option to shoot the stars manually.....which most people wouldn't do cuz damage resistance.

A recast augment (like rhino) would also be fun and useful.

Edited by phoenix1992

Her augment would be better if it gave the option to shoot the stars manually.....which most people wouldn't do cuz damage resistance.

I admit her 3rd feels a bit off. Not saying it can't be a good ability. It is just an odd ability for Nova. 

Edited by Anthraxicus

1 hour ago, TheKurtiStryke said:

My most used warframe is nova, he's not bad as the old hydroid, but i think she needs some tweaks/changes at her abiliies kit.

I think she really needs some tweaks/changes or more synergy for her abilities, she feels old comparated to the new warframes/ old reworked warframe, changes made to oberon/volt/hydroid/etc etc would be good for nova.

Lol 

Mod better.

Nova is my go to frame for quick runs awesome cc and amazing damage boost.

Shoot opticor into antimatter drop.

Use worm hole to access places especially hunting for ayatans. 

Molecular prime is one of the best abilities I've found for clearing massive areas

Null star I have to admit is not so great as it fires off as soon as anyone's in range but meh.... I hardly use it cuz most things are already dead before they get that close.

Build for duration range and power.

I'd show you my build but I'm not at my PC right now

Edited by SilverRook

it seems to me like even though she's your most used frame, you're not really utilizing Nova to her full potential.  and that's not uncommon among Nova players.  i started 'maining' her (hate that term, but it fits) early this year and it wasn't until about six months into playing her that i started to work out the actual uses for Null Star and Wormhole.  which is why i'm strongly going to disagree that those abilities are 'useless'.  Null Star, i figured out, had some interesting synergy when combined with Molecular Prime and the augment.  if you m prime a room full of enemies while built for range, and then cast null star and recast to detonate, it results in even stronger CC.  enemies knocked down while molecular primed take quite a bit of time to stand back up, and when they're knocked down, they don't shoot at all.  i also figured out that her 3 is outstanding, just awkward to use without practice.  you do have to practice using it.  not only that but you have to be able to visualize how far your portal's going to go based on your ability range.

so modify your builds accordingly.  a typical 'mass molecular prime' build with minimal range due to the use of Narrow Minded isn't going to get much out of Wormhole, although it will make her 1 into a pretty reliable protection ability since enemies will need to be very close to cause the particles to impact and high duration increases the amount of particles (remember, this was recently discovered to reduce damage to health).  not only that but most of the time, you don't need 200%+ duration for your molecular prime to affect most of the threats in the area.  for most Slowva builds, you can stick Primed Continuity on and that's plenty of duration.  the only time you'd need more than 200% duration is if you're using a speed nova to make boring defense missions go faster.  also, if you're using intensify + power drift on your Slowva builds, you're doing it wrong.  use a rank 4 Blind Rage (if you don't mind spending energy pads more frequently) or a rank 8 Transient Fortitude (if you don't mind sacrificing some on the duration) so you can hit that 145% mark with only one mod.  give her some range, range gets overlooked on Nova frequently, and i personally prefer having 145%, which can be accomplished with Stretch alone.

Nova doesn't need a rework.  you need to learn how to play her and build her right.  her promo video doesn't call her 'complex' for nothing.

Edited by dopey_opi
clarification

The only thing that need a buff to Nova is her passive. 6 meter radius knockdown is not enough. Plus, enemies such as the juggernaut, Leaper, Heavy gunner, Bombard, Shockwave MOA and Bursa units have all a immunity to knockdown when they are using their knockdown ability against Nova wich means the remaining enemies must be right next to her when she gets knocked down, and that case happens to me very rarely, who plays Nova a lot.

Personally, i would extend the radius to 10 meters so more enemies would be likely to be knocked down.

I always figured a more reasonable passive for Nova would be a very small (say, 1 energy) gain each time she takes damage on health.  It would synchronize well with the actual stellar definition of a Nova, which is a white dwarf star that slowly accretes matter until it reaches critical mass for nuclear fusion, creating a bright flare up.  It's safe to say Nova's got a couple ways of creating a violent outburst of energy, but slowly gaining energy every time something hits her (like a neutron star slowly gaining energy every time something hits it) would make a lot of sense.

it would also alleviate the suffering of us raid speedrunners and our miserable, energy pad addicted lives.  even with two sets of arcane energize you end up reliant on them.  think of the suffering speedrunners.

also i'd really love to be able to send my antimatter drops through my wormholes.  set up a wormhole, wait for enemies to cluster, launch an antimatter drop through it and pow.  'violent outburst of a nova' indeed.

I didnt know her 1st skill gets you 5% dmg resistance per orb.  

Well back to topic. i think Nova is fine the way she is.  Nullstar is now useful as shield,  Antimatter drop is OP (one shot of Tigris Prime is enough to reach the absorb cap and deal 300k dmg at 145% power strength).  Wormhole is good at speedrunning when used properly, and Molecular Prime is one of the best 4 ability in the game.

One thing I want to change is her deluxe skin. I mean WTF?!?!?

DE should focus on reworking other frames.

Nova needing a rework that is hilarious.

She is one of the better frames in the game offering team utility both movement, defensive and offensive, she also happen to be a very durable frame thanks to Null Star but it is admittedly a bit unreliable.

There are far worse frame that need to be reworked and some even need to be fixed so no. She currently dose not need any tweaks or a rework.

If anything you should to be worried about them looking at her with the same eyes as they used to look at Trinity with.

46 minutes ago, Coldie93 said:

One thing I want to change is her deluxe skin. I mean WTF?!?!?

I actually like the deluxe skin itself but that helmet is freaking atrocious. I use the Tennogen Lamia helmet instead and i really like the way my Nova looks now. The orbs all over the body fit very well thematically in my opinion. 

Nova's skills actually do work quite well together. Null Star is mainly to help protect her VS toxin and slash procs if necessary, and works awesome with Minimum Range.

Wormhole is pretty meh but helps extend those bullet jumps/reach further especially when used in the air.

Antimatter drop is awesome AoE clear.

Molecular Prime is so talked about no point restating it.

Going from Molecular Prime > Antimatter Drop is an easy way to clear whole areas due to ludicrous damage.

Just think they should swap Antimatter Drop to skill 1 and Null Star to skill 2. And maybe make it so you can manually fire Null Star rather than have it auto target.

Le 31.10.2017 à 11:41, TheKurtiStryke a dit :

Ability 3 is useless LOL, give me a break... 

This is my most hated warframe thread so far.

But seriously, you don´t have any idea how to play nova, do you. Why is it your most played frame, and what does that even mean? 2 hours, 20, 200?! Nova is perfect the way she is. Don´t touch her!!! 

Edited by -dicht.Dani-

The only change Nova needs is described here:

https://forums.warframe.com/topic/783089-novas-wormhole/

(The thread describes reducing the cost for wormhole or atleast swapping it to second ability with antimatter)

Other than that, Nova has one of the most balanced kits right now and all of her abilities are useful besides Null Star. Antimatter does great damage, Wormhole is a great parkour/movement ability, and Molecular Prime is used for both CC and speeding up missions. If you fail to see how Nova is played besides spamming 4 in Akkad, I suggest you learn more before asking for tweaks.

Edited by --Q--Voltage