Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Syndicate Gilding

Megakruemel

So as we know, Zaws and AMPs can get gilded for better performance. AMPs get a slight boost in stats like critical chance and ZAWs... get basic weapon performances, like colors and potatoes... oh.

I was modding my Opticor today and was thinking, that gilding normal weapons to just push them slightly more would actually be totally cool. But just gilding seems kind of boring. So i thought, why not add options to gilding? And then it kind of hit me:

Syndicate Gilding.

The concept is pretty simple. Every Syndicate gets a gilding bonus you can apply on the highest syndicate level for 100.000 Standing. Something small, that still improves the weapon somewhat. I don't want it to be game-breaking but i want it to make a difference. One option would be, to give a small stat boost to damage numbers, like 5% and apply buffs not related to damage directly. I am speaking of something like reload speed, magazine size, affinity/credit gain etc.. something people normally don't mod for or can not mod for.

I am sorry to say, that i have not come up with anything solid in the short time i came up with the idea but i feel like if this would be implemented, it should feel like the player actually made a choice when choosing his/her syndicate, because i fail to see, how gilding would be trade-able, unless it is an item you apply like a potato. Needless to say, this comes with the downside of not giving every player every option, while nearly all players have sided with their syndicates already, which is why these bonuses should be noticeable, while not impacting the core experience of every weapon too strongly.

If you have any suggestions of your own, you can leave them below. I would be happy if you did, after all, if you want others to see this, commenting helps this thread to stay at the top of the list and discussions should help improve this Idea.

EDIT: I also would like it, if this would allow us to name our weapons.

Edited by Megakruemel

I'm not sure I actually like the idea...

If it is anything like the Zaws, it may open the door to stuff that forces you to rank it up twice to get MR, or that forces you to rank it up before you can Fashionframe (aside from Zaws)

Would create a new min/max, forcing you to grind Syndicates to get this for all your weapons

And honestly, we don't actually need more damage, or more boost to stats. I would even argue that Rivens are already giving us this buffs and allowing us to create different builds

47 minutes ago, Emulad0or said:

I'm not sure I actually like the idea...

If it is anything like the Zaws, it may open the door to stuff that forces you to rank it up twice to get MR, or that forces you to rank it up before you can Fashionframe (aside from Zaws)

Well this is definitely not what i had in mind. I was more hoping for something little extra.

47 minutes ago, Emulad0or said:

Would create a new min/max, forcing you to grind Syndicates to get this for all your weapons

And honestly, we don't actually need more damage, or more boost to stats. I would even argue that Rivens are already giving us this buffs and allowing us to create different builds

Yeah i get what you mean. I actually did not want to only apply damage. Just a little boost every syndicate gets is fine but there would be a secondary boost depending on the syndicate you pick. While i get that reload speed boosts, like mentioned above, work well on some weapons they might be obsolete on others, so non-dps buffs are definitely the way to go. Speaking about affinity gain for Suda for example. Credits for Sequence maybe life-regen chance per kill on Loka.

To clarify: Every syndicate gets the same buff (like 5% damage mentioned above) but also a secondary buff that's syndicate specific.

Like i said, i don't have super solid ideas. But i wanted to make these bonuses desirable but still not game breaking. I want them to be noticeable but not mandatory, even for min/max.

Edited by Megakruemel