Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

PSA: Twitch Drops Generic Achievement Campaign

[DE]Rebecca

4 minutes ago, Tokens210 said:

it was never killed, twitch only said it was, she said that above in OP people knew how to circumvent that restriction and continued to abuse and overload the system

and yet another good thing killed by humanities greed.

This is why we can't have nice things

Just now, Tokens210 said:

i was talking about the multi stream watching never being killed off

4 minutes ago, Tokens210 said:

it was never killed, twitch only said it was, she said that above in OP people knew how to circumvent that restriction and continued to abuse and overload the system

but streamers get paid by twitch for traffic, advertisement views, follows and subs, they were artificially pumping up their number by making dozens of spam accounts with titles like 17 billion drops in an hour etc etc

Doing speed run achievements aren't artificially pumping up their numbers if twitch or DE either of them had a problem with it they simply could just ban those people. I hope you're not suggesting this whole event was only for warframe twitch partners. 

5 minutes ago, Fire2box said:

Doing speed run achievements aren't artificially pumping up their numbers if twitch or DE either of them had a problem with it they simply could just ban those people. I hope you're not suggesting this whole event was only for warframe twitch partners. 

no im not at all saying that it was only for partners,

but when twitch pay streamers based on traffic and streamers are making alt accounts to artificially pump up there numbers, for a short time it abusing the system, it is infact pumping the number cause more then half the people werent watching they were viewbots basically, who only showed up cause the title, thats why right now almost none of the WF streamers have even 1/4 the numbers they had 48hours ago

Twitch didnt say anything but if you think the fact that twitch linking and unlinking stopped working 2 days ago and was never fixed, but probably now works again was random that would be naive, they asked for people to stop watching multiple streams, noone listened, they tried to enforce only getting rewards from 1 stream, people circumvented it, meanwhile streamers with an average of 100 viewers at any given time had 17,000 viewers cause of the titles 16billion drops in an hour ad such

Edited by Tokens210

Here's how you do it properly:

One stream at a time. 20 background tabs with muted 160p streams in them benefits nobody. This lesson you've learned already.

TIme-based. Simply give a reward for every few minutes of watching. Streamers speedrunning achievements on new alt accounts over and over is soul-crushingly boring for everybody, streamers and viewers alike. If you tie drops to anything the streamer can actively choose to do or not do, streamers are going to do that thing to the exclusion of everything else because that's the only way they're going to get views.

No AFK penalty. Lots of people keep streams on their second monitors while they play a game or simply do something else entirely without even touching the computer while they have the stream on. Don't require people to be glued to their monitors to have a chance to get a crappy firework.

No RNG BS. Randomize the crappy common rewards that viewers are going to get a lot of, but give out the rare and actually desirable ones based on a system of fixed milestones so that they can be obtained reliably.

Edited by SordidDreams

1 hour ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Tenno!

If you're still after the 2 Exclusive Twitch Drops campaigns, you're fine (the Totem + the Sigil).

If you're after the generic Achievement drops, we've had to end this campaign early. The toll it took on our database was not small. over 25% of our infrastructure at a given moment was going toward inbox distribution of drops. To make matters worse, people were using third party tools to re-open previously patched multi-view issues.

Thank you all for joining for the launch of this crazy ambitious drops campaign - more refined campaigns to come in the future.

Now time for me to open my hundreds of inbox messages :)

Cheers!

Sorry to hear about this problem, but I'm not surprised.

People milked this campaign for all it's worth. The sub count for Twitch is going to hit the bottom of the proverbial "toilet", undermining a lot of partnerships.

Damn shame, how greedy people can be.

20 minutes ago, (PS4)Crazy_Mr_J said:

Thanks for this info (nvm about my initial post), so i imagine the 6 Glyphs codes (PROFESSORBROMAN, KINGGOTHALION, ADMIRALBAHROO, SP00NERISM, SUMMIT1G and BIKEMAN) are the Glyphs for all of this sponsored selected streamers ? :)

Yes! 

8 minutes ago, GrazewoundZero said:

Damn shame, how greedy people can be.

Don't blame the people, they just farmed the event in the most efficient way its rules would allow. Not only is there absolutely nothing wrong with that, it was completely predictable. WF is a farming game, what else would you expect its players to do?

Edited by SordidDreams

This event would have been better if the latrons/fireworks/resources were random drops (not triggered by things that could be gamed, or something fixed like "every tenth completed mission generates a small freebie") and the other stuff like vectis p, frost skin, palette, and hunhow mask being milestones for time watching a stream or number of streamers watched for an hour. Perhaps a better drop pool of shinies for if people dedicate to watching just that stream over time. Lots of creative ways to encourage normal play behavior and natural views over what actually happened, and with way less frustration about the drop rarity.

Suggestion for the future: 

Instead of flooding us with tons of bad drops, why not significantly decrease the amount of drops we get, but greatly increase drop odds?

For example: Every 10 achievements = 1 gift, except with better odds. So essentially being equal to 10 gifts in its current form, in regards to drop chances on the items everyone is really after. 

Thank you for this event, for someone that only got rewards while actively watching, it brought my passion back for the game and reminded me of why I loved it in the first place. I'll be playing actively and enjoying this awesome community, minus the few bad apples. :) Happy Halloween btw everyone.

You're gonna carry that weight...

Suggestion for the future: 

Instead of flooding us with tons of bad drops, why not significantly decrease the amount of drops we get, but greatly increase drop odds?

For example: Every 10 achievements = 1 gift, except with better odds. So essentially being equal to 10 gifts in its current form, in regards to drop chances on the items everyone is really after. 

Considering I only got between 4 and 7 drops (not including the totem and hopefully the sigil) and I watched for more than 24 hours, I think there needed to be far more changes than that. As far as I’m concerned, this experiment was a bit of a flop. It was a nice idea and I was really excited for it. Maybe that’s part of the problem. I got too excited and was ultimately disappointed. 

Edited by (PS4)headlock1_0
I missed the quote I was trying to put in.

Thanks for letting us know and sharing some details around what happened and why you made this decision. It was both good to see all the lewt and freebies, but also bad because there wasn't a decent way to open em quicker or in bulk fashion.

Cheers,
Kuz

1 minute ago, Marmelade said:

Can someone tell me on which twitch stream i can get sigil. Despite my attempts i got everything from drops despite the sigil.

Sigil is only from WF partners when they get the Survive the Night achievement i believe is the one its tied to, and its only the first time they do it and actually get the achievement pop

which is why many partners had that achievement reset by DE in the beginning when the system was broke

Edited by Tokens210

4 minutes ago, (PS4)headlock1_0 said:

Considering I only got between 4 and 7 drops (not including the totem and hopefully the sigil) and I watched for more than 24 hours, I think there needed to be far more changes than that. As far as I’m concerned, this experiment was a bit of a flop. It was a nice idea and I was really excited for it. Maybe that’s part of the problem. I got too excited and was ultimately disappointed. 

Interesting, I didn't have any issues with drops. Pretty much seemed to get them instantly whenever an achievement popped. 

I wonder why some people had issues with not getting any drops.