Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

PSA: Twitch Drops Generic Achievement Campaign

[DE]Rebecca

14 hours ago, Sylinus said:

Seems to me like you guys ( Digital Extremes as an entity) REALLY fouled up this thing. Between ignoring the potential server-load that Plains of Eidolon would have (even with such numbers like BLIZZARD has produced with it's expansions being publicized over the years) even after doing a FANTASTIC marketing campaign. Then with this it would seem to me your algorithm for distributing rewards was way off. I've seen inventories with over 40 Vectis Prime drops while I myself received t least seventeen smoke colors palettes (of which of course, you can only actually have one.)

I don't understand when players nag about this, when this is the nature of WF. And this is coming from a player (I'm talking about myself) that only received latron bps and starbursts. We face these RNG odds everytime we go relic, prime or mod hunting.

23 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Tenno!

If you're still after the 2 Exclusive Twitch Drops campaigns, you're fine (the Totem + the Sigil).

If you're after the generic Achievement drops, we've had to end this campaign early. The toll it took on our database was not small. over 25% of our infrastructure at a given moment was going toward inbox distribution of drops. To make matters worse, people were using third party tools to re-open previously patched multi-view issues.

Thank you all for joining for the launch of this crazy ambitious drops campaign - more refined campaigns to come in the future.

Now time for me to open my hundreds of inbox messages :)

Cheers!

Not true at all.

Watched 2 streamers recently get dawn's early light (I think I've watched 5-7 streamers get it in total) and still no Teralyst sigil. =/

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, SanguineSavant said:

Not true at all.

Watched 2 streamers recently get dawn's early light (I think I've watched 5-7 streamers get it in total) and still no Teralyst sigil. =/

I watched someting about 5-10 streamers get dawn's early light. The result is the same.

Not cool!  My account couldn't connect to twitch because of some sort of problem not on my end and then when I finally get it up and running it gets taken down the next day!   I was expecting 2 more days...  well there goes the trust.  Will the next campaign go as long as they say?  Will we get what they say?  Used to be sure, but I'm not anymore...

2 minutes ago, librarycat said:

Did Dawn's whatever Light work in the end?

If you're on about whether we receive the teralyst sigil from streamers getting Dawn's early light - the answer is no. As you can see in a load of prior messages there are a lot of us not getting it despite having invested time in watching streamers try to get it.

9 hours ago, TheMuslimGamerGB said:

I don't understand when players nag about this, when this is the nature of WF. And this is coming from a player (I'm talking about myself) that only received latron bps and starbursts. We face these RNG odds everytime we go relic, prime or mod hunting.

It looks like you're only viewing a portion of this. my comment was to be absorbed as a whole - not dissected for people to pick and choose what to read.

14 hours ago, Sylinus said:

It looks like you're only viewing a portion of this. my comment was to be absorbed as a whole - not dissected for people to pick and choose what to read.

I absorbed your comment as a whole, but this was a part that I've heard a few people echoing, so that is why I addressed it.

On 11/1/2017 at 11:02 AM, TheMuslimGamerGB said:

I understand the complaints about the bad RNG, And this is coming from a player who received three vectis primes and a harka skin. Why should someone like me, who already owns both, get more of them while someone else has neither and gets none? RNG or not, that doesn't exactly sound fair.

1 minute ago, Maugre said:

I understand the complaints about the bad RNG, And this is coming from a player who received three vectis primes and a harka skin. Why should someone like me, who already owns both, get more of them while someone else has neither and gets none? RNG or not, that doesn't exactly sound fair.

But that is how the game has worked for ages and it's not going to change anytime soon.

2 minutes ago, TheMuslimGamerGB said:

But that is how the game has worked for ages and it's not going to change anytime soon.

Yes, that's how the game works, and it's how the game should work. And even if it's how the twitch drops should work (debatable), they shouldn't be such bad odds.

Not to mention the people who abused new account streams and third party sites to get more loot than intended.

Edited by Maugre

i got all the loot, 5 vectis, 3 frost skins, 12 smoke color palletes, +2000 starburst, +500 Latron bp, 1 sigil, +100 glyphs, over 72days of affinity booster (really DE? couldn't you put at least a 3day resource booster in the drop list?), +80 orokin cells, +80 nitain extracts... etc...

Edited by (PS4)Hiei-YYH

12 minutes ago, (PS4)Hiei-YYH said:

i got all the loot, 5 vectis, 3 frost skins, 12 smoke color palletes, +2000 starburst, +500 Latron bp, 1 sigil, +100 glyphs, over 72days of affinity booster (really DE? couldn't you put at least a 3day resource booster in the drop list?), +80 orokin cells, +80 nitain extracts... etc...

Obviously you had multiple tabs open.

6 minutes ago, TheMuslimGamerGB said:

Obviously you had multiple tabs open.

yes i did, watched around 4 streamers, and 1 actively  (i even subbed lol > whiskey_cat)

anyway, i didn't knew this was causomg any trouble (server side, had no problems on ps4 by the way)... even before the event has ended i stoped.

Edited by (PS4)Hiei-YYH

On 31/10/2017 at 3:50 PM, DERebecca said:

Tenno!

Se você ainda estiver após as 2 campanhas exclusivas de Twitch Drops, você está bem (Totem + the Sigil).

Se você for após o ganho genérico, nós precisamos terminar esta campanha com antecedência. O número de cobranças em nosso banco de dados não foi pequeno. mais de 25% da nossa infra-estrutura em um determinado momento estava indo para a distribuição da caixa de entrada de gotas. Para piorar as coisas, as pessoas estavam usando ferramentas de terceiros para reabrir problemas de visualização múltipla anteriormente corrigidos.

Obrigado a todos por se juntarem ao lançamento desta louca campanha de quedas ambiciosas - campanhas mais refinadas para vir no futuro.

Agora é hora de abrir minhas centenas de mensagens da caixa de entrada :)

Cheers!

eu querooooo

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...