Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Coming Soon: Devstream #100!

[DE]Rebecca

Well congratulations on 100 Devstreams.

If community questions get a chance to be asked, here are some side questions. Maybe one fits something discussed.

1. "Are there any plans to introduce some Tenno/Operator NPCs?"

Currently the Tenno as a faction feel quite hollow, since we only ever have Lotus and Ordis talking to us and no indicator of how the Operators themself interact with another or how they are organized. Besides some descriptions here and there actualy hinting a far more bigger internal structure or even divide.

PS: I know this question was asked before on a devstream. But maybe they changed their mind.

1.B. "Will we ever learn how other Tenno experienced the events of Second Dream or War Within?"

We only know how 1-4 Tenno experienced it, but what about the other 23,999,999 losers?

At least some codex text or audio diaries could be a nice little addition to fleshing out the Tenno.

2. "Could we get the option to start or restart bounties while on the plains without having to trek back to Cetus (or other upcomming plains hubs) every time?"

It currently feels a bit like having to go back to the Orbiter every 5 waves or minutes of a defence or survival mission to start the next.

3. "Any chance you could make a "making of" Warframe, about it's early concept as Dark Sector and the changes it went through since 2012?"

I would like to see some of the original Dark Sector concept art and screenshots and more of the alpha phase of Warframe (which Steve briefly showed in a devstream long ago).

4. "While you are working on the next open world map, can we still expect any new regular mission tilsets in the foreseeable future?"

Sectors like Mercury, Venus, Phobos, Neptune, Pluto, Sedna and Saturn still don't have their own stand out tilsets.

I know that this may still be bugged, but why is abandoning an objective during a PoE bounty even possible? Apart from the question why anyone would want to abort a bounty, why would he need to "abandon" it first? Although most objectives have their own timer/failing condition anyway, you could just exit through the gates or abort the mission through the menu.

The amount of times I needed to restart a bounty because for whatever reason me or one of my teammates triggered the abondoning is annoyingly high. I am not complaining about "Why didn't you fix this bug yet????". No, my problem is that I don't understand the need/reasoning for such a feature to exist in the first place.

Apart from that I want to say that PoE is an overwhelming update and I really appreciate the great effort, that's the team obviously poured into it.

On October 31, 2017 at 4:55 PM, Archwizard said:

What happened to the Second Dream-style Focus abilities, like Mind Spike and Phoenix Gaze? Post-War Within players can no longer use them.

And what are Second Dream players supposed to do with their Focus pools before they've unlocked War Within? Seems odd to open the gate for them but lock 80% of the tree.

If the Plains Bounties are supposed to be content for new players as much as veterans, why are Lenses in the reward table for players who haven't played Second Dream yet? Or Kuva to players who haven't played War Within?

While Naramon has been stated to be the "Rogue" tree, Focus 2.0 has few stealth-related options in the tree in favor of simply boosting melee damage. Why?

One of the stated goals of the Focus rework was that the passive abilities players enjoyed would go to the new Arcanes. Where is my Shadow Step?

The “Hold X to self-Revive” mechanic appeases players who wanted the ability to die without being saved, but the big text in the center of the screen fools new players into wasting their personal Revives by thinking they’re contributing to their own revival. Are more UI changes coming to emphasize that it’s not the intended use?

Imagine this everyday scenario for Tenno:
Your Sentinel is your only source of Vacuum; without it, you spend the entire mission staring at the floor. When your Sentinel dies, the only way to get it back is to die and spend a Revive.
As developers, how can you address this scenario?

The Profile video for Oberon abilities was recently updated, but did not mention important facets of his kit like the interaction between Hallowed Ground and Reckoning, the bonus damage Reckoning receives from Radiation, the bleedout buff for Renewal, etc. Many players are already unaware of the full breadth of his abilities and must use out-of-game resources to inform themselves. Is there any concern that Oberon's execution may be too complex?
What about frames like Limbo or Frost, to whom important facets (like rolling to cancel Banish or canceling Snow Globe with Freeze) are not mentioned in-game?

Since the last time you mentioned addressing “mandatory” mods like Serration and multishot, you’ve added Primed Point Blank, Primed Pressure Point and Riven mods to the game, which simply contribute to the issue. Have you officially gone back on plans to address these mods?

What exactly is the point of allowing Volt to pick up Electric Shield if it costs him extra energy to move while active? It directly penalizes the synergy it creates with Speed, and actively discourages charging his passive.
Simultaneously, do you have any plans to update Discharge? The damage cap on the ability means it can burn out almost as quickly as it is cast, especially in a large crowd or against armored targets. His lack of scaling means Volt still isn’t a “potent alternative to gunplay”.

In your first Reddit AMA about 2 years ago, you were asked if you'd considered adding an extra color tint option for metals on the PBR Prime items (including the frames post-Nova Prime)... and Sheldon missed the point when he answered. Would someone else care to revise?

Players allied with New Loka/Perrin Sequence have no means to obtain the Large Shield Restore blueprint. Would there be a neutral way in the future to increase the availability of this Restore?

Akvasto Prime: When?

I have been playing for some 300 days on console and i see these as all valid concerns, though maybe delivered harshly. Hopefully these  will be taken as serious issues to wade through. Since I have started playing, I had been extremely impressed at how quickly and effectively issues were resolved. I am told it has been a journey where it has not always been so. Makes no difference, the past, if you keep on this path. It would be helpful to comment as to whether changes are intentional for moving forward with your vision or articles which you hope to address. 

Now that focus 2.0 is out can we get a option to respec focus whenever we want? Accidently picking and keeping things we dont want in focus tree is very frustrating, Also focus taking 9 years to complete all ways is a bit excesive.. can we cut that down to something more reasonable? Extending amount of time for convergence and amount of xp it gives would be a very nice QoL improvement. Rightnow focus is just too much of a grind and feels too time consuming.  

How difficult was it to create the open world of the Plains in such a way that it still looks beautiful regardless of settings(to an extent ofc)?. Especially since open world AAA titles depend heavily on resource heavy processes to deliver the look and feel of a certain place. If some of those effects are removed the look and feel doesnt stay. Also what do you think about adding the regular bosses we face in warframe into special bounties where we face off against those bosses in the Plains.  

I'm sure a lot of people are wondering about what open area will come next.  So what planet will the next open area be on?  Also, how does DE plan on tackling areas like Jupiter or Saturn?  I could see some really cool spaces emerging like floating cities or large persistent derelicts in orbit around these gas giants. I would love to hear DE's thoughts here. 

-Also, when will we be getting back to Dojos, the nemesis system, and Dark sectors? 

I'd just like to say, I can't wait to see what happens next.  I've been a PS4 supporter for many years now.  I appreciate all that you do.  Warframe rocks!  

Are there any plans to allow the original non-prime skin for a primed weapon, similar to how we can for the warframes themselves? For example, I'd love to be able to use the appearance of the non-prime Silva and Aegis on the Silva and Aegis Prime.

Why are sentient cores so hard to see? Can you guys please make them more visable? Thy also dont appear as loot while using loot radar. PLEASE fix or is it intended to be so annoying to see them? Makes farming cores not as  fun as could be. Sucks because fight itself is fun even after shield disrupter fix.

Now that Focus 2.0 has been released for a good amount of time, what can you say about it? What changes can we see in the future, and will this current iteration be expanded upon to include more than just Operator-centric abilities? Also, where did the inspiration for most of the abilities come from and how thematic do you feel some of them are such as Void Shadow in Unairu?

And thank you for making such a wonderful game come so far. Proud to be a founder!

What is the in universe, lore driven reason behind needing fish for Archwings and Operator amps?

Out of everything good and bad with PoE, this is the one thing that really bothers me.  In just one update one of the coolest science fiction universes and lore frameworks has been reduced to this:

FIshOil.jpg

"Oh Warframe?  That game where one's ultimate power is unlocked by... fish?  Yeah I'm good on that man.  I'll pass."

Argon crystals.  Void traces.  Tellerium.  Any of the mining materials found on PoE.  Literally any resource already in game makes more sense to tie to archwings/operator lore than fish.  I've stopped playing because of this.  I love Warframe and DE but I really do care about the lore and the story. I did not sign up for this game to fish.

PLEASE get rid of all fish requirements for all operator and warframe gear.

What ever happened to "Sprint being the new default movement"? Due to the various issues people have(Reloading, shooting, using powers, ect) causing you to have to retoggle your sprint every single time.

What about the Lunaro Arcata becoming an actual melee weapon? Or the Fan Blade? We saw a stance and model but haven't heard anything about it...but really the Lunaro Arcata has been wholly forgotten and unmentioned.

And finally....can we get a theme for the next frame perhaps? Or perhaps a list of themes on the table to become frames?

What I want to see discussed on the Devstream or at least acknowledged is the highly vocal dissatisfaction that a number of players seem to have with:

• The Archwing experience on PoE. It being an arguably frustrating and not very rewarding experience due to bad controls, enemies being able to knock us out of the air on a whim, and thus being a wast of the time and resources spent in crafting gear that should be of unlimited use. It's bad enough you took our Archwing weapons away, but to allow Grineer to make our Archwing evaporate so easily, forcing us to consume another bit of gear, that's too much. To add insult, Archwing on PoE is locked behind two dedicated activities - one of which isn't even remotely related to tech systems.
  • The massive focus on Fishing and Mining in PoE. The vast majority of us play Warframe to be biotech ninjas that kill waves of mooks with guns, lethal cutlery, and space magic, not to fish and mine for hours. Fortunately, PoE can be largely ignored by anyone that's not interested in Operators.
  • Focus 2.0. It being horribly grindy for mediocre gains and rewards. You've not only moved the goal posts for unlocking Focus nodes even further apart but we're still stuck with hunting down Convergence orbs, which only serve to disrupt the co-op and mission-based gameplay that's supposedly part of the foundation of Warframe's gameplay.
  • Zaws and Amps. Namely why can't we take apart our non-gilded Zaws and Amps and remake them with different components if we don't like a particular configuration after trying it out. Before the release of PoE, a lot of us were under the impression we could truly mix and match and experiment with these supposedly modular weapons. For the amount of single-activity grind required to construct given components, this is a bit onerous. With regard to Zaws, there are regular melee weapons of at least equal or better capability that require far less time and grind to acquire. On the topic of components...why can't we buy ready-made components from vendors?
  • Cetus Bounty Rewards. Honestly, most players can get better and more useful rewards running Defense or Survival for 20 minutes, and earn more affinity / focus at the same time. The set mods are interesting in concept, but the drops are too low and the perks they offer are rather meager. Basically for all the running around we do, we don't get that much out of it...
  • Vacuum. Why is this still a Sentinel-only thing? This should be a Warframe Exilus mod at the very least. You want to see Kavats and Kubrows used more? Then moving Vacuum to Warframes needs to be a thing.

I also want to know what the Devs intend to honestly do about these issues. Are they going to listen to us and actually accommodate us or simply offer excuses and sweep these issues under the rug like what happened with Hema clan research requirements?

Archived