Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Coming Soon: Devstream #100!

[DE]Rebecca

I'm a long time fan of Oberon and while his rework has been wonderful I have a clarity issue with the renewal.

When I use renewal it should give the heal to all npc targets in the area as well. The only way for me to see this is to look for the subtle green particles around the npc or try to see their healthbar refilling. That's hard enough in and of itself in a mission situation where i have to worry about enemies trying to kill the guy, on top of that then I have no idea if my armor buff is applied to them at all or what to look for to see that.

What I want to suggest is small icons above/next to/around the npc healthbar to show buffs given to them from me. It would make it a lot easier to look at a group of defectors and see renewal buff on all 4 of them and know that i missed one with the armor buff and i need to go do that. Or to look at the operative in a defense mission and realize that when i died back there 2 waves ago i didn't re-up the armor buff on him.

4 hours ago, Test_the_God said:

Now that focus 2.0 is out can we get a option to respec focus whenever we want? Accidently picking and keeping things we dont want in focus tree is very frustrating, Also focus taking 9 years to complete all ways is a bit excesive.. can we cut that down to something more reasonable? Extending amount of time for convergence and amount of xp it gives would be a very nice QoL improvement. Rightnow focus is just too much of a grind and feels too time consuming.  

Nope, not 9 years. A fellow tenno did the work and it takes 523 days with the actual focus daily limit.

Still take too much time though... :awkward:

Plains of Ediolon represents the first true fixed point (node) in the solar system. I doubt the plains, and its related quests, would be able to function through an Infested infestation or corpus invasion. With the possibility of more "open environment" nodes in the future how do you plan to make the solar system still feel dynamic aka gravidius dilemma or Fomorian/razorback relay destruction.

NOTE - I always felt boss nodes did not really count. The corpus in the past could capture an entire planet and the boss node just represented the strongest bastion the invades couldn’t breach. Also, Phorid covered bosses’ infestations.

Also, can we have galleon fly low and attack the planes…. I feel that would make my brain explode with joy.

Question:  With the release of PoE, the devs buffed the power of sniper rifles to help them become useful in large, open spaces.  However, one sniper doesn't seem to have been noticed:  Diriga's VULKLOK.  Do you have any ideas on how to make the Vulklok better at long ranges, and expecially on the Plains?

So 2 questions here:

1. Any updates on Shield Gating, how it will work and when it will be coming out? My shield heavy Warframes are really tired of being so squishy.

2. Could Void damage (from operators) have a much larger damage multiplier against Sentients? They are supposed to be weak to Void but all we do currently is reset their resistances. Also void ignoring armor might be a nice bonus as well, would make operator gameplay more rewarding.

Thanks Everyone!

QUESTIONS:

Will you re-consider the use of Convergence as a mechanic to encourage mobile play?

It is ineffective for that purpose because enemy spawn logic actively encourages static play. Stay in one room, and you'll get plenty of spawns. Move ahead by 3 rooms quickly, and the spawns evaporate for several moments. More spawns = more Focus, so static play is objectively more efficient. Players will choose more efficient methods every time.

Will you consider making Focus more rewarding long-term?

By decreasing the cost of each upgrade and increasing the number of upgrades, players can make steadier progress toward completion of Focus. Steadier progress makes Focus more rewarding long-term, which decreases the motivation to power-grind it. Also, consider what is acceptably "long-term." 3 years for all schools by power-grinding is such a gargantuan task that players will inevitably try to minimize it. 1 year sounds a lot more reasonable.

Plains is a success, I couldn't  possibly touch every single point of it, from the theme, to the diversity, to the scaling, artwork and gameplay, I love it beyond words. In fact while I'm looking forward to the future maps, I'm not sure they can be as good as PoE. From a creative artwork direction, there may not be as much beauty to explore as the Earth simply has more diversity. (From a theme point of view, there isn't a lot you can do with desert and ice cap maps). I totally believe you guys can prove me wrong and surprise us again.

That said. I'd like to suggest the DE team to take a look at the game Scorn, particulary the trailer. and consider the following: an Infested open world map

6 hours ago, DeltaPangaea said:

It doesn't look like that's counting pool upgrades, just the nodes themselves.

So it's more than that if you want to actually use something.

All Madurai abilities cost (without the pool, with unbound costs, using wiki data) : 13 240 000 focus points

Full Madurai cost with pool and nodes in his spreadsheets : 24 078 977 focus points

Seems legit. He did a great job.

So 523 days it is.:laugh:

4 hours ago, Mystra4 said:

Question:  With the release of PoE, the devs buffed the power of sniper rifles to help them become useful in large, open spaces.  However, one sniper doesn't seem to have been noticed:  Diriga's VULKLOK.  Do you have any ideas on how to make the Vulklok better at long ranges, and expecially on the Plains?

L       OO  L
L      O  O L
L      O  O L
LLL   OO  LLL

Do you know the definition of buff ?

With PoE, sniper rifles get nerfed sooo bad. Vectis prime for example :

• First level zoom +15% Damage replaced with +35% Head Shot Damage
  • First level zoom reduced from 4x to 3.5x
  • Second level zoom 20% Damage replaced with +55% Head Shot Damage
  • Second level zoom reduced from 10x to 6x

and for all of them :

• Additional bullets from multishot will each count as their own hits and misses in the combo counter
  • Combo duration reduced to 2 seconds for all snipers apart from Lanka which is reduced to 6
  • Damage fall off begins at 400 meters and ends at 600 meters with damage reduced to 50% past 600 meters.

Yes, they buffed some specs too, but the main specs of sniper rifles got nerfed too much. An AR15 (an assault rifle!) has an effective fire range of 400+ m ! And Warframe's high tech sniper rifles have only a effective fire range of 400m ???

L       OO  L
L      O  O L
L      O  O L
LLL   OO  LLL

I have a question about Signature Sets for each Warframe. With the most recent Warframe, Gara, having a signature set and most Warframes before her, I am curious to know if past Warframes without signature sets have them at some point? If so, would you ever think about adding a passive buff to that specific Warframes' abilities when they have their signature set equipped?

An idea to ease focus grind AND incentivize operator gameplay.

Weekly challenges for Operator. Three tasks of varying difficulty to do every week.

For example, a single weekly challenge list could be like:

- kill 200 enemies with your Operator;

- build up a 500% stealth counter with your Operator;

- complete a spy mission where only your Operator can enter the vault.

Completing a weekly challenge awards us with some kind of focus relic that can be converted into 1 000 000 focus points in any tree.

(1) Hyenas as combat companions? They would be the perfect combination of the combat-prowess/utility of sentinels and look of the other companions.

(2) Are there currently any plans for adjusting companions and sentinels to be on more equal footing in terms of effectiveness? Kubrows and Kavats look pretty good and are rather tanky, but are vastly inferior in terms of combat-effectiveness (long animations, get stuck all the time and generally just stand there) and utility (shield restoration, vacuum, ...etc.).

Archived