Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Coming Soon: Devstream #100!

[DE]Rebecca

On 10/31/2017 at 5:35 PM, ----Legacy---- said:

How long for Braton and Lato vandal to finally return?

It's been over a year since it was addressed by the team and still no further news

Similar question for primed chamber which was stated to not be an exclusive mod, was supposedly being re released when the time was right (snipers have had 2 reworks since then) and it's price in market is already prohibitive and keeps rising over time.

Probably because the number of active people who actually  own those weapons and care are vastly outnumbered by the people who want them and 15% of people in the poll still voted against it.  Frankly, I don't get why they ever bothered with the poll since it was obvious how it would go after years of whiny completionists asking for it.  That 6k mastery must be killing them.  They'll have to wait for a whole five more items to release to get to MR 25 after the piddling number of CBT players that bought founders, have been playing the game for almost five years and have kept up to max mastery.  Oh the humanity!

They waited to long and let too many people pay a ridiculous amount of money for primed chamber.  It'll probably remain something they give out at random like during live streams and the like.

We can buy slot for weapons, frames, sentinels, pets, archwing, riven, loadouts, but we are still stuck with just 3 mod config slots, why?

Can you guys give us the ability to buy more config slots so we can try new builds are you continue to release more and more mods? If there is some memory issue how about letting us store the config setups somewhere so can load them up when we want? Cause right now im just taking a pic and looking for it when i want to go back to it. 

And, can you give us the ability for forma each config differently? Because there's a point when you forma your slots a bit too many times and the variety of the builds shrink. If we could forma each differently we can go nuts experimenting. 

To get an amp, we need to kill Vombalysts. Rank 1 requires you to find cores from 60 Vombalysts, which is pretty reasonable - that can be collected in a single night with Ivara, or in two or three nights without. That's 1-3 hours of grinding, which is reasonable I suppose. Except if you want to actually make an Amp, which requires 40 more cores on top of those 50 you already collected.
To get to rank 2, you need to gather 240 Sentient Cores. That's about 4-5 hours of grinding if you cheese it with Ivara's Prowl, or 8-10 hours without one. That's... A lot. Especially since if you want 2 more amp parts to make a tier 2 amp, you need 100 more cores.
To get to rank 3, you need to kill an Eidolon 10 times.
You can not get rank 3 amp parts nor Gild your amp without killing eidolons. Yet, if you can already kill eidolons, why would you need amps?
The requisites and rewards here are extremely confusing. To kill Eidolons, you need a good Amp. To get a good Amp, you need to kill Eidolons. If you don't want to kill Eidolons, you don't need to get a good amp, and the only thing the amp is good for, is killing Eidolons. The only winning move seems to be, to not play, and ignore eidolons, amps, and operator altogether. This probably wasn't your intention.

Do you have any plans to address the "Kill Eidolons to get a Good Amp to Kill Eidolons with, to Get a Good Amp" circular logic?

Ahoi,

a few questions for the devstream

Will we ever see Corpus subfactions?

With the release of PoE we got another subfaction added to the already existing myriad of subfactions for the grineer. Yet corpus have exactly none. Some variations for them would really be nice, not the least because it would be an opportunity to show of the ergonomic nightmares that are corpus weapons in the field.

Could the relative effort of Invasion missions be normalized?

Right now there is a severe imbalance between the effort required for some invasion missions (Defence, Survival) and others (Spy, Capture, Exterminate). This is especially odd in the case of spy missions which require only one vault per run (leading to a total of 3 vaults for the required 3 runs, the same as a spy alert would require) and yet we have to do 10 minutes of survival and 10 waves of defense and that only counts as one run leading to a total of 30 minutes/waves. That's a lot of effort compared to the alternatives.

It looks as if there was some attempt to shorten the individul mission (see spy) but then just forgotten. And as we are on the topic of normalization: is there a particular reason why mutagen masses only drop in units of ones and twos instead of the guaranteed three for Fieldrons and Detonite Injectors?

Would it be possible to take a look at the resource economy in the foreseeable future?

Right now there is a severe imbalance between the variety of resources that exist and those that are actually needed. If I look at my own stockpiles of resources and those of my clanmates, I can clearly see that all of us have ever growing stockpiles of millions of salvage, ferrite and nano spores. Meanwhile we are habitually short on polymer bundles. These are all common resources having similar droprates and -quantities.

The same effect can be observed with rare resources: Ever growing stockpiles of gallium, morphics and control modules and habitual shortages of orokin cells and neurodes. With orokin cells the reason becomes obvious immediately: Prime equipment. Those need orokin cells, several are required for prime warframes and especially prime weapons. They are also needed for most standard warframes. In contrast what do we need gallium for? The same is true for the situation with common resources. Polymer bundles needed everywhere, nano spores not so much.

And this just creates a cycle where new equipment requires resources players are expected to need to aquire first to encourage spending platinum on it. This leads to low stockpiles for players and those thus the go to resource for the next piece of equipment that comes along. End result: Heaps of purposeless resources like gallium or nano spores.

At this point the only feasible solution to me seems to be a radical cut in the number of resource types that exist within the game. We don't need nano spores, gallium, salvage etc. Then just get rid of them. 2 to 3 different common, uncommon and rare types each would be sufficient and certainly easier to manage and monitor than the myriad of resources we have now.

And of course the obligatory PoE question: Will the aquisition of quill's standing be looked at again?

Maybe it is me, but I was under the distinct impression that defeating the teralyst was supposed to be the end goal. Instead it is the only feasible way to gain standing in the moment. The 100 standing for intact cores is simply not sufficient. Even reaching the first tier with those requires murdering about 167 Vomvalysts just to get the required 50 cores. And it just gets worse from there.

Well that's it from my side. To everyone who has made it through this wall of text:

Cheers!

Are there any plans to rework old mods? things like shotgun savvy and rifle aptitude come to mind, there is no reason to ever touch these currently, if these got buffed i might consider including them in some builds, and build variety is always great to have.

Also, correct me if im wrong, but i remember plans about getting rid of mandatory damage mods like serration and point blank and making these upgrades built into the weapon as it levels up, what happened to that? we have gone the opposite way getting things like primed point blank.

2 minutes ago, C4Clan said:

Would it be possible to take a look at the resource economy in the foreseeable future?

Oxium is a particular pain, I find.

So much costs hundreds or thousands of Oxium and it drops in such small amounts. I got some from a login reward and it was a whole TEN.

For landing craft parts? Sure, that price is justified. 600 for Zephyr? Yeah. 1000 for an Atlas alt helmet? Maybe not so much. 7000 for a part of Vauban Prime? That's honestly kinda dumb. One lot of 20 Auroxium also costs 600. Most of the things Oxium is used for now aren't even related to it being light or antigrav or whatever anyway, which was the original point of it.

Could you *please* do something about the platforms on which the Warframe Cryopod is that's present in Defense nodes like Helene, Saturn and Hydron, Sedna? I and quite a few players that I've recently been there with in Public parties who use it as Focus farms become highly annoyed when those platforms utterly waste the time of Focus Convergences by moving practically every wave or two, using up at least five to ten seconds of a Convergence.

The time for it will be better off halved at least, or enemy spawns can be enabled whilst it moves.

What are you going to do regarding the insane grind wall behind focus? The amount we get is abysmal if not doing the mind numbing stealth farm over and over and over and... over again. Increasing the focus cap doesn't help! Eidolon shards give to little focus compared to the costs, but they don't matter because we need hundredths of them for quills.

Not only are the costs for upgrading abilities insane, on top of that we need to buy FOCUS SLOTS!!!!! Tens to hundredths thousands focus points are waisted so we can us the abilities we have already maxed out with focus?

This is not a true end game, capping 250k focus and constantly fighting eidolons every day for a few upgrades. If nothing is changed most of the people will just ignore focus. To much grind for little reward. 

8 hours ago, Aggh said:

Probably because the number of active people who actually  own those weapons and care are vastly outnumbered by the people who want them and 15% of people in the poll still voted against it.  Frankly, I don't get why they ever bothered with the poll since it was obvious how it would go after years of whiny completionists asking for it.  That 6k mastery must be killing them.  They'll have to wait for a whole five more items to release to get to MR 25 after the piddling number of CBT players that bought founders, have been playing the game for almost five years and have kept up to max mastery.  Oh the humanity!

So? There's no exclusivity promise behind them and DE already stated their will to bring them back just like they have done with every vandal and wraith weapon and will eventually do with the upcoming ones. 

8 hours ago, Aggh said:

They waited to long and let too many people pay a ridiculous amount of money for primed chamber.  It'll probably remain something they give out at random like during live streams and the like.

Still, they have also waited too long and left people to invest large amounts of plat on other things that were nerfed or changed later, the ToS allows DE to change anything at will without players being able to complain, so "making current owners salty" (who most likely are around 120 people at best) isn't a reason to keep it unobtainable. Also don't forget that console players haven't had a chance to get it on their own, so the only available copies there are just due to rabdom giveaways or mod owners who transferred accounts.

Archived