Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Coming Soon: Devstream #100!

[DE]Rebecca

Just several question: 

1. Any new animal for POE? can we taming them(just for decoration)? Can you guys make the bird and rat walk around the room?

2. I find out that the Gara part rate of drop kinda low, will you increase the rate or balance it? 

3. Decoration of POE during the event season? Halloween POE will be more creepy, Christmas will be more Christmas. We might find Santa some where in the plain :P

4. Zhephyr rework? Will it happen? 

5. New Blade and Whips stance? it only Defiled Dragon for now :(

5.1 Any hint for new prime frame? just a little :P

Great work, Love all you guys. 

Support with all my love :)

Also, we really need a discussion of Focus gain, daily caps, Convergence orbs, what the intended result is, and how the devs view the disparity of gains between just playing the game vs efficiency stealth farming

Effectively, hitting the daily cap is perfectly possible for someone like me, but boring as hell and is basically an hour long ‘tax’ of my playing time. Hitting the daily cap for someone who has just cleared the star chart and gotten through the War Within is a ridiculous feat.

I would happily accept a broad nerfing of the cheesy methods of hitting the cap in exchange for a meaningful rework of how Focus is gained through regular play.

5 minutes ago, BornWithTeeth said:

I would happily accept a broad nerfing of the cheesy methods of hitting the cap in exchange for a meaningful rework of how Focus is gained through regular play.

Nerfs as long as it is taken in consideration that the same cheesy methods are used for the processes of formating gear.

7 minutes ago, phoenix1992 said:

Nerfs as long as it is taken in consideration that the same cheesy methods are used for the processes of formating gear.

There isn’t really a daily Forma cap, though. Well, there is, in that you can build one Forma per day, but you can just log in, collect it and set the next one building. In essence, you save up one Forma per day, and can apply them whenever you want.

Just now, BornWithTeeth said:

There isn’t really a daily Forma cap, though. Well, there is, in that you can build one Forma per day, but you can just log in, collect it and set the next one building. In essence, you save up one Forma per day, and can apply them whenever you want.

*pinch*

I meant the fact that the processes of forma is also tied to your affinity gains and for many people it is tedious, especially on weapons that lack polarity.

Just now, phoenix1992 said:

*pinch*

I meant the fact that the processes of forma is also tied to your affinity gains and for many people it is tedious, especially on weapons that lack polarity.

Oh, I get that, but what I mean here is that absent the process of actually leveling those items, Forma is a system which works way the hell better than Focus.

43 minutes ago, Enfo said:

Damn... Looks like the Exilus Adapter giveaway is done and people who couldn't tune in until later on missed them...

Apparently some people got 20+ while others get absolutely nothing

Some of us who were watching at the time didn't get it at all with a linked account so there's that.

This is what frustrated me about the PoE deal as I got zilch from that as well beyond the basic Syandana and a Whisp statue. They need to either do this server side with a script and grant it to everyone or stop doing it at all because it's not working properly and screws with their systems as shown on the stream.

Yeah, I joined in at 45 minutes since the stream started at 5am for me, only to hear that the giveaway already happened and some people got like 20.

I mean not to sound entitled but this is kinda disheartening, y'know? Especially since none of my questions got answered during the stream so it was kinda disappointing.

6 hours ago, ----Legacy---- said:

So? There's no exclusivity promise behind them and DE already stated their will to bring them back just like they have done with every vandal and wraith weapon and will eventually do with the upcoming ones. 

Still, they have also waited too long and left people to invest large amounts of plat on other things that were nerfed or changed later, the ToS allows DE to change anything at will without players being able to complain, so "making current owners salty" (who most likely are around 120 people at best) isn't a reason to keep it unobtainable. Also don't forget that console players haven't had a chance to get it on their own, so the only available copies there are just due to rabdom giveaways or mod owners who transferred accounts.

Actually there was.

None of that even comes close to the scale of what primed chamber has hit.  And it's more than 120 cause it was transmutable by accident for a bit.  No f2p studio in their right mind would want to piss off people that have spent 20k+ plat on a single mod.

8 minutes ago, Aggh said:

Actually there was.

I'm sure Reb has made some mistakes in the past and being corrected by devs before. Based ln the next pic looks like Steve didn't think the same as Reb.

qxoe79g5.jpg

10 minutes ago, Aggh said:

None of that even comes close to the scale of what primed chamber has hit.  And it's more than 120 cause it was transmutable by accident for a bit.

Does it matter? Even if it's 300 copies, there is still over 36 million of registered losers. DE stated plenty of times that they don't like the idea of having exclusives and have proved it by making every exclusive item a cosmetic and bringing back wepoans and mods at some point, yet this one remains locked behind a paywall of way over 20K plat (worth around $800) and that's just naming the cheapest price i can remember since I'm sure there's players asking over 40K for it. Player driven economy is getting out of hand, which makes a good moment for the government to kick in and fix stuff. 

10 hours ago, ----Legacy---- said:

I'm sure Reb has made some mistakes in the past and being corrected by devs before. Based ln the next pic looks like Steve didn't think the same as Reb.

qxoe79g5.jpg

Does it matter? Even if it's 300 copies, there is still over 36 million of registered losers. DE stated plenty of times that they don't like the idea of having exclusives and have proved it by making every exclusive item a cosmetic and bringing back wepoans and mods at some point, yet this one remains locked behind a paywall of way over 20K plat (worth around $800) and that's just naming the cheapest price i can remember since I'm sure there's players asking over 40K for it. Player driven economy is getting out of hand, which makes a good moment for the government to kick in and fix stuff. 

Those kind of hot topic responses weren't exactly the kind of thing that didn't get run by upper management.  All it means is that they're going back on their word.

Yes, it does matter.  People that are willing to pay that much money are a rarity in f2p games.  Registered users is a nonsense stat that doesn't mean anything for f2p games, warframe holds steady at ~85k players concurrent and it's highest peak ccu was 115k.  Even the most active games out there have a daily user base of about 3x their concurrent peak.  And about 3x that for their monthly.  Most games have a conversion rate (free players who convert to paying players) of ~15-25%, LoL at one point had a 3.5% conversion rate even and an average revenue per player of a bit over a dollar.  Even assuming a generous conversion rate (which is actually pretty likely due to how grindy warframe is) you're still talking ~150,000-250,000 people per month actually paying money for the game at all on PC, and most of those are fairly small purchases.  People that are willing to drop 20k+ on a single mod often spend plenty more on other parts of the game and are not an insignificant part of the paying player base, that single purchase is likely more than hundreds of players combined will spend in the whole of a month.  Also, the mod is frankly not necessary even for the niche cases where it is good, especially since rivens were introduced.  They've consistently held to keeping it as a very rare mod that is given out sparingly for years and there isn't really a good reason at this point to bring it back.

On 3/11/2017 at 10:25 PM, Aggh said:

Those kind of hot topic responses weren't exactly the kind of thing that didn't get run by upper management.  All it means is that they're going back on their word.

Seriously? I would trust more on Steve's word since he's the head on the game's development than on Reb's keeping in mind that community moderators are mostly a nexus between devs and players who can still screw up some times by saying things that aren't meant to be.

I'm not gonna discuss further about primed chamber since devs are most likely gonna keep it exclusive for no big reason despite claiming to dislike the idea of having content locked away from players.

31 minutes ago, ----Legacy---- said:

Seriously? I would trust more on Steve's word since he's the head on the game's development than on Reb's keeping in mind that community moderators are mostly a nexus between devs and players who can still screw up some times by saying things that aren't meant to be.

I'm not gonna discuss further about primed chamber since devs are most likely gonna keep it exclusive for no big reason despite claiming to dislike the idea of having content locked away from players.

I don't get what the big deal about Primed Chamber is. It was basically the first Primed mod, just update it to be a legendary mod like the others and slap it in Baro's inventory. Job Done.

5 minutes ago, DeltaPangaea said:

I don't get what the big deal about Primed Chamber is. It was basically the first Primed mod, just update it to be a legendary mod like the others and slap it in Baro's inventory. Job Done.

Hell, yeah, i wouldn't even mind if there was another event where it was a reward for the top X players on the leaderboard to bring it back (even tough it would lock me out of getting it since i have a lot of things to do aside from playing warframe)

23 minutes ago, ----Legacy---- said:

Hell, yeah, i wouldn't even mind if there was another event where it was a reward for the top X players on the leaderboard to bring it back (even tough it would lock me out of getting it since i have a lot of things to do aside from playing warframe)

See, I'm not a fan of the leaderboard thing, since it means a lot of people just won't be able to get it ever. That's why I'm thinking Baro.

It's currently a bit of an outlier of the event mods, most or all of the others have been added to drop tables and whatnot around the place, while Primed Chamber is just a flatout better Charged Chamber, and by a significant amount.

Archived