[DE]Rebecca

Coming Soon: Devstream #100!

Hello Devs, I have a few questions regarding the operators:

1. Why making so that you need exactly 100k focus to activate the first passive? Shouldn't be able to unlock it the moment we unlock a tree from the begining? I would like to hear your reasoning, and if it's an accident, maybe you could fix it
  2. Now that operators can go and shoot enemies, have you considered in working with melee based amps? Like, for example, make a prism that works like an energy blade.
  3. Any new ideas on how the 'moral circle' affects our abilities, or is still in the thinking board?
  4. Yes or no question: Are the operators going to have, as small as they could be, a role in the next cinematic quest?

Also, I'm so proud of the game you guys are making for all of us, KEEP IT AT IT!

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, -InV-igo95862 said:

Now that Amazing Eternals had been canceled can we see more development behind conclave?

Really? Oh man it's sad to hear. I never played it but imagine the feelings of the dev team. I think the team will still working to polish the game .

With Braton Vandal and Lato Vandal coming out, any plans to bring back the Snipetron, yes, the normal version.  Since it's not available at Market and the event was like 4 years ago.

• Upvote 2

51 minutes ago, Vulsar said:

Question relating to Focus:

What do you guys think about the possibility for our daily focus caps being increased relative to a player's current mastery rank, similar to how other daily caps function (Syndicates)?

if you mean to say that with a higher ranking mastery i could gain more than 250k standing a day then you deserve more upvotes.

• Upvote 1

Hi!

I just have a few concerns about the Naramon tree. As it stands, the tree is overshadowed by the other focus trees and their more team-focused benefits as well as their usefulness in Eidolon hunting. Currently Naramon has little use outside of using Affinity spike to speed up focus farming for other trees and unbinding the passives to make the operator not move at a snail's pace. Being a melee focused tree, it provides no benefit for Eidolon hunting with the Teralyst being immune to melee unless you're tossing a thrown weapon at its weak points or it's in its final phase. Though I'm fine with the removal of Shadowstep, I feel like Naramon wasn't compensated properly for having such a large chunk of its original power removed. Naramon is no longer a perma-invis god school and does better fit a rogue-like playstyle than before with the ability to build up a large, short-lived crit bonus and sow confusion among enemies in the battlefield, but the issue comes from the fact that a rogue playstyle is very niche in a game like Warframe. Though it can be useful and fun in very specific scenarios, the majority of the game plays more in an all-out guns blazing way. Executing dash is more of a hindrance at times if an ally accidentally initiates a finisher against an enemy who would have otherwise died in a single, swift swing and there is almost no use in putting additional points into Surging dash as the AoE around the operator doesn't increase and the damage increase is minimal. I feel like Naramon could still deliver on its rogue playstyle while not taking away from your usefulness in team and open-conflict scenarios (especially Eidolon hunting). It should be a tree that can both stand on its own and when aided by other trees. How do you intend to tackle this issue?

TL;DR

At the moment, Naramon is a lackluster focus tree that is only really useful for speeding up focus farm for other trees, doesn't provide much to a squad and is next to useless in Eidolon hunting. It promotes a playstyle that does not fit the majority of Warframe's gameplay, but has potential to become a great in-between school. How do you plan to address this issue?

• Upvote 3

More than anything else!

DE, are there any thoughts about reworking the way that Operator dialogue works? As part of the character arc which they are on, they’re working towards becoming true space ninjas in their own right. Can we get a dialogue wheel to reflect that?

• Applause 1
  • Upvote 1

First off, congratulations to the team and all Warframe players on all consoles for 100 devstreams in 4 years since open beta! Its been a long journey with a lot of joyous, outrageously funny and all-around incredible moments. I've been looking forward to this devstream for a while and I can't wait to see what you guys have in store. Also again, congratulations on PoE. The many fixes and continued consultancy and support with the community is greatly appreciated.

Onto questions:

1) Many people have asked after this but I'm concerned as well about it; What's the status of damage 3.0 and shield-gating? 

2) How has the development of the next teralyst and the weather system for PoE been going? 

3) With the introduction of the teralyst, I guess you can call that a sentient "boss" fight. But I've been thinking about the corpus and grineer factions. Are we going to see a boss rework/introduction of a new boss for either of those factions any time soon? There was a period when that was a trend in the development of the game and while PoE is amazing in many aspects, I find myself missing out a bit on the faction lore and boss rework and stories that came with them.

4) What is the next warframe theme? Is there concept design for it?

5) Will we get a volcanic tileset at one point? Or, actually, are planet tileset reworks going to be continued, alongside openworld settlement works for planets?

6) What is the status of the kingpin system for the clans? Also are there going to be any work on relighting the dojo and more dojo rooms/decorations?

7) What is the status of the next major update that was alleged to include an umbra frame? Is there any information you can give regarding what an umbra frame is supposed to be?

Can't wait for the show!

• Upvote 2

Few questions actually:

1. With the PoE for the Grineer and Venus (looking at currently) for Corpus, would the Infested be given a open zone?

2. Would a open zone be considered that would be the location of a Tenno vs. all (Grineer vs. Corpus vs. Infested)?

3. Would an Archwing Open zone ever be considered? (Tied with a final overhaul of the Archwing mechanics)

Grats! Now, how many lewd references will this dev stream have to add to embarrassing moments for dev stream 200?

I have a few questions myself.

1. It was said it was going to be worked on, but when will we be able to pet our companions as our tenno? Our operators have grown up a bit and have more responsibility, Hopefully they'll be able to pet their pets and take care of them soon.

2. This ones going to be something I know some people might want done because lets be frank. RNG isn't nice to everyone. But its been something I've been thinking about a lot lately. Basically, with how rivens have stayed the staple current big thing for the trading market sales for quite a while now and how everyone runs siphons / floods constantly to reroll for the best roll they can get. We come down to one thing a fair / decent percentage of people tend to do. Bring Smeeta Kavats to get that 2x doubling charm.

Now hear me out before you grab your pitchforks and torches. It's a great thing, but the issue is the buff is unpredictable, which is also why it's kinda unfair. So you may start a mission out and instantly the kavat enables it leaving you to rush to find the siphon and leaving you with next to no time to get the siphon done only being capable of completing maybe 1 or 2 at best.

My idea is what if instead of getting doubled kuva because "The buff up at the end of the siphon exploding" instead it gives you doubled kuva regardless when the buff was up as long as it was up during the time when kuva was being collected at any point? It seems more fair in cases when you only have it up during only the beginning / middle part of the collection for the kuva but don't get to ride out the buff for the final kuva grab with the buff because sometimes 120 seconds just doesn't last long enough to get it if it starts even remotely a few seconds before the siphon begins to call for the kuva. Last I timed it, it takes almost 20 seconds for a siphon to start trying to pull in kuva after you discover it, so if it starts before hand, you're left with 100 or less seconds. Not enough time to get all 4.

So with this you get rewarded regardless for the buff being up and active instead of, oops, your buff ran out, you aren't rewarded at all and get base kuva amount. Meanwhlie as is right now, even if you get the buff last second before the 4th cloud is gathered and the siphon explodes afterwards, you are instantly rewarded despite the charm being up only 1/4 of the time. Would there be a possibility to get any of this looked at to have it based upon the buff being up during any point with with active kuva gathered instead so charm's 2x buff as unreliable as it is, may play a bit more fairly for others who aren't so lucky with RNG?

Feel free to TL;DR ^ because of the sheer wall of text.

Edited by Cmdr-A

I'd have a few question for the devs:

• Would it possible to have the operator double waypoint fix reversed? It was a cool and harmless bug, and would be very useful when teaching/explaining stuff to do.
  • Will we be able to customize our operator while standing up, and eventually being able to rotate him/her just like warframes?
  • Could we have a quick focus selection in the arsenal UI? It's kinda becoming a problem when sitting on cetus or any relay.
  • On the same note, may we get the ability to use the foundry on cetus?
  • Tenno shotgun?

Hopefully i'll see some of the questions answered, looking forward to the stream :laugh:

Happy 100th Devstream guys!

So I have three questions I hope you can answer on the stream

#1. Is Nyx the next frame to get a revisit. I played her again after she collected dust and she felt like a one ability wonder frame her 1 and 3 are fine but 3 is all I really used. Will she receive more synergy to her abilities?? When I think of a psychic frame the first thing that comes to mind is the telepathic powers of Emma Frost from Marvel and Sarah Kerrigan's psionic/telekinetic blasts from Starcraft. She is an amazing frame and I think she needs some love. 

#2. Lua and Kuva Fortress + Void Fissures. I wanna open relics on those sick tilesets! You guys put so much work into them! They are some of my favorite tilesets and I rarely play on them unless its sortie or alerts. They are amazing I hope they get fissure missions :)

#3. What is the next syndicate to bestow a quest??? Which faction will give us a mission like Silver Grove, Octavia's Anthem etc. etc. with a new frame Arbiters of Hexis or Steel Meridian?

Thanks for listening! I'll be watching!

Happy Halloween! 

Edited by GrimHallows
Cleaning up my grammar

ok, some questions:

- some of the focus abilities are not as good as they should be, because of the penalties (vazarin's void mode regeneration and all void blast effects), DE is waiting to fix some of the core mechanics from Plains of Eidolon before giving fix to the reworked focus system?

- some of the outdated mods are still not worth our weapon slot yet, most of them mentioned on my topic created 1 month ago, that includes mods from older system (1.0, which has rainbow builds, mods that grant chance to stun....)

DE is thinking about rework of the mod's system yet? or everything for now on will keep going based on actual system?

- how is the progress of the kingpin's system for clans? we don't have many things to do after completing our researches, especially alliances, that only have an bigger "chat" community as unique feature

I have a question about:

-Syandanas that are bound with an Arcane. You've added alot of Syandanas over the past years but sadly i only use mostly ONE because i have an Arcane attached to it and that specific Arcane (Energize) is kinda important to me since i can spam my abilities to an almost idiotic level. But there are so many Syandanas that look so awesomely nice, so will there ever be a way to use Arcane differently or attach them in another way to free up the Syandanas so you can choose whichever you want?

-Operator and the way of the Tenno. I play certain Warframes with a specific Way of the Tenno but in order to change them i have to go to my Operator room and choose one there but will you ever add the option to change it in the Arsenal and fix them to the Warframe setup like the rest of your equipment?

-Primed Mods. There is Primed Continuity and Flow but will you ever add the rest of the List in the Primed Version like Stretch, Intensify, Streamline etc or is this a question you rather not answere? ^^ A yes or no is sufficient for me. XD But i can understand if you don't want to answere this topic since it's so delicate to the balance of the game.

-Unwanted/useless Mods. There are a few mods that can be considered unwanted/useless in regard that most players use the space in the Arsenal-Warframe Upgrade to make the Warframe  itself stronger (Power Strength, Durations, HP etc.) but hardly ever, or not at all, convenient ( Rush, Resistances, Channeling Stuff, Hacking etc.). This problem is even further stretched to the ever increasing abilitie mods that are coming out and even the Exilus slot is mostly being used to increase the abilties of the Warframe even so slightly further. For the weapons it's the same issue since Headshot and Channeling mods are hardly or not at all stronger then the other "puurer" mods. Will there be a change to the current system to solve some of the issues?

-Kronen. I am a great fan to that weapon and i just love the stance Gemini Cross. My greatest thanks to the Developer who made this weapon as well as the animations. THE MOST FAVOURITE WEAPON in the game for me. As well as my thanks to the one that came on the idea for the Maiming Strike Mod.

-Winter is coming! And i would like to ask if Plains of Eidolon would ever get a Winter Season. Mostly because i wanted to slide down the hills with a sledge instead with by butt :D It would be nice if your slide animation would be changed that your Warframe slides on a sledge... just an idea. Or if Tennos could throw Snowballs or do other wintery stuff ^^ This is more a joke question but none the less i would love to hear an answere to it. XD

-I wish there was a box in the Hall between Cetus and the Plains so you can put your stuff in it without leaving the Plains itself, or infront of the gate. Mostly because i am getting sick of the moments where you bug out and have to abort the mission because the Gate is unusable.

-Would you consider making Missions available on the Plains of Eidolon so you can gather passively the ressources from the Plains like Metals/Fish rather then going there solely for either Reputation/Ressources then for the "normal" Warframe feeling we had till now?

• Woah 1

before I say my question I will say the program of prime vault as we all know prime vault open every 6 months and with that we get 2 primes warframe and their weapons and 2 accessory but lately I saw system only brings armor sets and syandanas soo my question is can we get other accessories other than that plz? I want to get my hands on verlorum prime sigil ;) 

-Orokin style dojo second-coming ?
-Dedicated server karma rewards/commendation ?
-Dojo decoration capacity for platinum ?

With PoE plenty of new ship decorations appeared, so can we expect decoration capacity increase any time soon?