Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Questions n stuff to the Devs

General_Durandal

~

When will we be able to color each part of our warframe separately?
Helmet, body, left arm armor, right arm armor, left leg armor, right leg armor, chest armor, and Auxiliary accessory.

~

Could we get a third Sigil Slot that covers our helmet's face?

~

Plz buff the garbage weapons no-one uses.

~

Can we get ship editing to work like Arch-wing editing?
So that each load-out can have it's own ship equipped the moment you change to it,
instead of having to also use the clunky ship editing menus to change your ship.
Along with an A, B, and C setup for each ship.

~

More Kavat types?
One could be a big Saber-tooth Kavat that lives in the Plains of Eidolon.

~

Would be cool for each Relay to get their own Bar where the Void Trader would handout.
(he's always talking about wanting you to come to parties he's throwing.)

~

Would be cool of the Relays could have an Arcade,  
where you can play the different mini games like Happy Zephyr and Wyrmius.
So they wouldn't have to be in the Arsenal menu.

~

Would be cool if the Relays could have a fighting pit where anyone in the relay can fight each other.

~

Smaller Kubrow Body Types?

~

Please make Auroxium Alloy only need 200-300 Oxium each batch.

~

Please remove the "Abandon mission" aspect from PoE missions.
It bugs-out often and can fail the mission just because one of four team-mates are outside the mission area.
It has also failed the mission because one of the team-mates wasn't in the area when it started.

~

Will Machete receive a Augment mod or buff? (machete wraith too)
It's currently the weakest weapon in the game, and could use some love.

~

Please allow us to use weapon skins for the weapon type, instead of the specific weapon.
I really like the Nightwatch Machete skin, but it only works on Machete and Machete Wraith,
which are the two worst machetes in the game.

~

Any chance for a Prisma Machete sold by the Void Trader?

~

Detron got a Void Trader variant, will Brakk be getting one too?

~

Could we get Syndicate skins that work on all warframes?
(that way you only have to make one skin and helmet per Syndicate instead of 30+ each)

~

Could we get sets of Syndicate Armor?
(Kubrow Armor, Kavat Armor, Sentinel Parts also)

~

Can we get Cetus and Quills Sigils?

~

Can we please be able to equip a Sentinel and Kobrow/Kavat at the same time?

~

More Zaw weapon parts?

~

More balanced standing values in Cetus?

~

Standing earned during the plague Star event occasionally wouldn't be in full.
Like having full 4/4 in both additives, but only getting 1k standing.
Will there be any form of compensation?

~

Will the next open world area come with a "Zaw" like system for 2ndary weapons?

~

Edited by General_Durandal

To answer some stuff about skins and coloring and all that.

No they will not get separate part coloring. The model textures would start breaking down if they got that cut up and would likely ruin the current texture layouts so that['s a huge amount of work for a feature that honestly would not look as good as you'd hope. 

Also for 'syndicate skins'. They'd have to be separated anyways for the same reason. Textures have to line up with the model itself. Trying to create one texture that conforms to all the models is a horrendous mess.

Never.

Maybe.

Because 'buffing' is so easy, they should just multiply all numbers by 20, right?

Hardly a priority.

Any ideas for skillsets for these new Kavat?

When he's not selling, he's farming. Not bar-hopping.

Agreed.

So much lag.

No Chihuahuas, please.

Sure.

True, this needs to go. I haven't encountered it lately though, are you sure it's still there?

Nah.

Some skins do this, some do not. Most do not as you're supposed to still be able to recognize weapons.

Isn't there already one? Machete is the weakest weapon type, though, so meh.

Maybe.

Probably not, it would make it impossible to recognize individual frames.

That would probably cost plat.

In time.

If only.

Also in time.

Probably still getting tweaked but seems close enough to what I suspect they want.

Not a question but seems a common bug.

There, I hope my answers were just as good as your questions and just as readable. :-)

1 hour ago, Aurea_Hiigara said:

Never.

Maybe.

Because 'buffing' is so easy, they should just multiply all numbers by 20, right?

Hardly a priority.

Any ideas for skillsets for these new Kavat?

When he's not selling, he's farming. Not bar-hopping.

Agreed.

So much lag.

No Chihuahuas, please.

Sure.

True, this needs to go. I haven't encountered it lately though, are you sure it's still there?

Nah.

Some skins do this, some do not. Most do not as you're supposed to still be able to recognize weapons.

Isn't there already one? Machete is the weakest weapon type, though, so meh.

Maybe.

Probably not, it would make it impossible to recognize individual frames.

That would probably cost plat.

In time.

If only.

Also in time.

Probably still getting tweaked but seems close enough to what I suspect they want.

Not a question but seems a common bug.

There, I hope my answers were just as good as your questions and just as readable. :-)

They already did it for Sayandana. (it used to be colored along with the armor pieces)

~

Cool.

~

No, just take the weakest base weapon of a type then build all other weapons of the same type around it but better in different ways.
More complex yes, but better.
Like Lato is like a 9mm pistol, rank 2 damage, rank 1 status, rank 3 crit, rank 3 clip.
Vasto is like a .357 revolver, rank 3 damage, rank 1 status, rank 4 crit, Rank 1 clip.
Lex is like a Desert Eagle, rank 4 damage, rank 3 status, rank 2 crit, rank 2 clip.
Magnus is like the Auto 9, rank 2 damage, rank 2 status, rank 3 crit, rank 3 clip.
Magnus should have alt-fire that switch between burst fire and auto-fire.
It's easy to balance weapons if you give them a real world counterpart.

~

True.

~

Saber-tooth Kavat,
Pounce: Tackle the target to the ground and tear them apart. (knockdown+pin+heavy damage)
Bellow: Let out a mighty roar that terrifies enemies while reassuring allies. (enemy fear+ally health/damage buff)

Sidhe Kavat, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cat_sìth
Soul Siphon: Steal the soul of an enemy and turn it into energy for your allies. (enemy energy zap+ally energy recharge)
Lord's Aura: Allies bask in the presence of the Lord of Kavats, and are blessed.
Allies gain a random +25/50/75/100% buff to power duration, efficiency, range, or strength every 20 seconds for 10 seconds.

Cha kla Kavat, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cha_kla
Death's Skin: 25/50/75/100% of the damage dealt to this Cha kla Kavat is redirected at it's attacker as finisher damage.
Skittish: Will attempt to hide them-selves and their partner upon seeing an enemy. (self and AoE ally invisibility upon seeing an enemy)

Yule Kavat,
Devour: Attempts to devour target enemy, dealling heavy damage. Devoured enemies drop no loot, but fully heal the Kavat, and it's partner by a %.
Winter Chill: Creates thick clouds of ice that freeze enemies. (cold proc AoE+cold DoT Aoe)

~

I'm talking about him hanging out in the bar when selling his items.

~

Cool.

~

The Relays are Server based now, just like the Dojos,
so should be about the same amount of lag as dojos if any.

~

Y no small puppers?

~

Cool.

~

It's still there, at least yesterday when I lasted played it,
saw it flash for a second on my screen on my way to the next area.

~

Aw, I really like them.

~

Why do you need to be able to recognize the weapon?
The Delux skins, and some TennoGen already prevent recolonization.

~

No Prisma Machete. There is a Prisma Skana though.

~

Cool.

~

Why do you need to recognize what frame it is?
PVP stuff? Pvp is ded.
I havn't been able to join a pvp match in months,
and I only need one more win to get enough standing to get max rank.
Conclave skins will forever be out of reach ;^;

~

Syndicate Syandanas didn't cost plat, so Syndicate armor wouldn't have to.

~

Cool.

~

Would be so cool.

~

Awesome.

~

The fish monger and miner seem okay, but the smith's values are not.
1000 for any blade or grip, 1000 for the two solo dangle bits.
2000-5000 for the dual dangle bits.
7500-10000 for the triple dangle bits.
I understand that the dangle bits are where the majority of the weapons stats come from,
but zaws for the most part are mastery fodder, so they should be slightly easier to make.
Unless the Zaw guiding is actually really good.
I just Became a Shura, and today will be getting the last dangle bits to see what combos do what.

~

Ye.

~

Thank you for your time and interest.
Have a nice day.

3 hours ago, WindigoTP said:

No, it's not.

3 hours ago, General_Durandal said:

Lato is like a 9mm pistol, rank 2 damage, rank 1 status, rank 3 crit, rank 3 clip.
Vasto is like a .357 revolver, rank 3 damage, rank 1 status, rank 4 crit, Rank 1 clip.
Lex is like a Desert Eagle, rank 4 damage, rank 3 status, rank 2 crit, rank 2 clip.
Magnus is like the Auto 9, rank 2 damage, rank 2 status, rank 3 crit, rank 3 clip.
Magnus should have alt-fire that switch between burst fire and auto-fire.

Just now, General_Durandal said:

1911 isn't a weapon, or the rank of anything in warframe.

It's a 9mm (or whatever) pistol, which we're going to base Lato on.

Come on, gimme numbers.

Also, any weapon will have 0% crit and 0% status, cuz' real world counterparts don't have them.

Edited by WindigoTP

25 minutes ago, WindigoTP said:

Come on, gimme numbers.

Also, any weapon will have 0% crit and 0% status, cuz' real world counterparts don't have them.

Technically they have infinite headshot multiplier and guaranteed Puncture and Slash Proc. Impact also depends on bullet type.

9 minutes ago, WindigoTP said:

Come on, gimme numbers.

Lato, Normal
Fire Rate: 6.67 rps
Accuracy: 18.2
Clip: 15
Ammo: 210
Reload Time: 1 s
Slash Damage: 15
Impact Damage: 7.5
Puncture Damage: 7.5
Crit Chance: 10%
Crit Multiplier: 1.75x
Status Chance: 3%

Lato, as 9mm
Fire Rate: 8 rps
Accuracy: 23
Clip: 17
Ammo: 145
Reload Time: 1.5 s
Slash Damage: 0 (real bullets don't cut people in half when they die)
Impact Damage: 20
Puncture Damage: 20
Crit Chance: 15%
Crit Multiplier: 1.50x
Status Chance: 5%

With impact you stagger, this is stopping power.
Which is why status is important for large slugs/rounds.

Crit is bodily damage, what the round does to the body as it goes through it.

20 minutes ago, WindigoTP said:

Okay.

I take my 9mm Lato, and shoot at Grineer in Ferrite armor. What happens?

If I was in charge of how it went,
you'd deal damage only to the armor on that part of the body.
Kinda like the Ruk boss fight, but you can damage the armor at any time, not just when it's "open".
Then when that piece of armor is broken you can shoot what is under the armor.
The top layer is Ferrite plates, then Alloy jumpsuit, then their Cloned Fleshed underneath.
Fastest way to get to their cloned flesh is to break their mask if they have one.
But if you want to damage the flesh under their chest armor,
you'd have to break the ferrite armor, and the alloy jumpsuit to expose the cloned flesh.

But with basic warframe, you deal damage to them, and the armor only negates a % of that damage unless it's corrosive damage.
Then you deals some armor damage too.

But with basic warframe, you deal damage to them, and the armor only negates a % of that damage unless it's corrosive damage.
Then you deals some armor damage too.

So, how much damage, how big is the damage negation and how much damage is needed, based on a real-life counterpart?

23 minutes ago, WindigoTP said:

So, how much damage, how big is the damage negation and how much damage is needed, based on a real-life counterpart?

IRL it would depend on the thickness of the iron plate.
Looking at the thickness of Grineer armor, small bullets would just scratch the paint,
slightly scratch the metal of that chest/shoulder armor.
The legs plates would be easier to puncture since they are thinner.
The inner thighs only have the jumpsuit, so that's a weak point to.
The neck, Inner elbows, back of the knees, wrists, any joint is a weak point with minimal armor.

In game it depends on enemy level, and enemy type.

IRL it would depend on the thickness of the iron plate.
Looking at the thickness of Grineer armor, small bullets would just scratch the paint,
slightly scratch the metal of that chest/shoulder armor.
The legs plates would be easier to puncture since they are thinner.
The inner thighs only have the jumpsuit, so that's a weak point to.
The neck, Inner elbows, back of the knees, wrists, any joint is a weak point with minimal armor.

In game it depends on enemy level, and enemy type.

So, basically "real-lifing" the gun took us nowhere...

All we got is a bunch of numbers pulled out of thin air.

Which is getting us back to my overall point: balancing a game and weapons is freaking hard and complicated. And real life counterparts won't help us here in the slightest.

We don't need to assign "this is 9mm, this is .50, this is a 120mm howitzer somehow in a box-of-matches package" to determine "this hits harder than that, and this one hits even harder".

We still gonna have a bunch of numbers, and we still are going to need to account for a clemton of variables outside just weapons themself.

Just to scratch the surface, a weapon needs to be accounted for how easy it is to get, when a player is supposed to get it, in which situations it is intended to be used, how long it is intended to be used e.t.c.

Just for example: you add some numbers to Lato so post-TWW player could use it on Sortie 3 without breaking a sweat, and suddenly a new player starts the game with a weapon capable to split the starting planet in half in one shot.

No "This in 9mm" solves this riddle easily.

8 minutes ago, WindigoTP said:

So, basically "real-lifing" the gun took us nowhere...

All we got is a bunch of numbers pulled out of thin air.

Which is getting us back to my overall point: balancing a game and weapons is freaking hard and complicated. And real life counterparts won't help us here in the slightest.

We don't need to assign "this is 9mm, this is .50, this is a 120mm howitzer somehow in a box-of-matches package" to determine "this hits harder than that, and this one hits even harder".

We still gonna have a bunch of numbers, and we still are going to need to account for a clemton of variables outside just weapons themself.

Just to scratch the surface, a weapon needs to be accounted for how easy it is to get, when a player is supposed to get it, in which situations it is intended to be used, how long it is intended to be used e.t.c.

Just for example: you add some numbers to Lato so post-TWW player could use it on Sortie 3 without breaking a sweat, and suddenly a new player starts the game with a weapon capable to split the starting planet in half in one shot.

No "This in 9mm" solves this riddle easily.

Are you trolling?

My lato has 5% more crit, 2% more status, 10 more damage, 2 more bullets in the clip, 
less max extra ammo held, slightly more accurate. deals less crit damage, slightly faster fire rate, and longer reload.

It's not going to be an endgame super weapon.

Gameplay is more important than realism, the elements of pseudo-realism only give a vague analogy to real-life weapons.

I think mostly developers think of a gap in the gameplay that needs filling, then they look at real-world weapons and look at what's the "closest" to the abstraction they have in mind - but that relative "closest" is still going to be miles away in absolute terms.

Are you trolling?

My lato has 5% more crit, 2% more status, 10 more damage, 2 more bullets in the clip, 
less max extra ammo held, slightly more accurate. deals less crit damage, slightly faster fire rate, and longer reload.

It's not going to be an endgame super weapon.

I'm not talking about these particular numbers, no. It was just an example, if extream one at that, of what you have to take into account.

Again, the main point is, there's a LOT to take into account.

Ok, insted of trying to determine what numbers should Lato have, let's try to answer another question: "Does it really NEED to have different numbers from what it has now?"

Here we have to take into account that it'sa starter weapon, which is supposed first and foremost to take a new player through a couple of low-level planets untill they get something better. And they also should have some appropriate challenge in the process.

For that purpose Lato works fine as is.

And while it is true that your particular numbers are overall only about 25% higher and don't seem like much in context of a game as a whole, they make a bigger difference in "The Beginning" scenario.

Frankly, the easier solution to the problem would be having some Latos MK2 and MK3, available later in the game and having higher stats to keep up with later content, for those who wants to use Lato.

So, while yes, weapons overall do need rebalancing, so does the rest of the game. And that requires a total overhaul, a.k.a. Damage 3.0, not just basic tiering and numerical tweaks. And this is hard.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...