Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dark Split-Sword Skins Don't Work!

JackGB

You can apply the skin to the Dark Split-Swords; however, the skins instantly revert back to the weapon's original look. This applies for both the Dual Swords Cyskis Skin as well as the Dual Swords Nari and Vali Skin.

Honestly I dropped 325 plat on the Loki Deluxe bundle expecting to mainly use this skin out of the collection and now I find out it's literally unusable. Like what the hell? That's pretty much wasted until this gets fixed.

ipzX3Ez.jpg

2 minutes ago, JackGB said:

You can apply the skin to the Dark Split-Swords

As far as I can tell, the effect is exclusive to the dual swords stance.

Heavy blades work fine with skins. I can verify the issue you describe though. Just tried it. It shows them when you click them, but as soon as you equip it, it is reverted.

Dominion Skin works fine (Heavy Blade)

SErh3V9.png

1 minute ago, krc473 said:

As far as I can tell, the effect is exclusive to the dual swords stance.

Heavy blades work fine with skins. I can verify the issue you describe though. Just tried it. It shows them when you click them, but as soon as you equip it, it is reverted.

Dominion Skin works fine (Heavy Blade)

Well that's a kick in the pants for me, but that's definitely interesting. Thanks for the reply.

8 minutes ago, JackGB said:

Well that's a kick in the pants for me, but that's definitely interesting. Thanks for the reply.

I wonder if this is a new issue or not. I have never really bothered with this weapon - it wasn't to my liking.

Looking at the market images, it is displayed exclusively as a heavy blade, I wonder if this is why we are experiencing this problem?

It does seem strange that one would work, while the other does not.

EDIT: Just another image. It appears that the skins designed specifically for the dark split sword are the only ones that work on Dual Swords stances. The skin in this image stays applied.

NorjjZw.png

Edited by krc473
EDIT text and image of Dulus skin.

15 minutes ago, krc473 said:

Just another image. It appears that the skins designed specifically for the dark split sword are the only ones that work on Dual Swords stances. The skin in this image stays applied.

Jeez. Like I don't think it would be a terribly hard bug to fix, I just really want this fixed soon.  ; _ ;

2 minutes ago, JackGB said:

Jeez. Like I don't think it would be a terribly hard bug to fix, I just really want this fixed soon.  ; _ ;

Message support? Tell them the issue, ask them how to fix it.

When they can find no way to do it on the current build, maybe they will patch it?

I doubt this is a new issue. Just seems like something that would not really be high priority - it could just have been forgotten.

14 hours ago, krc473 said:

I doubt this is a new issue. Just seems like something that would not really be high priority - it could just have been forgotten.

I did some digging found someone post on the wiki back in January about this bug. So that's a little bit disappointing.

• 2 months later...

This is definitely a new issue, because I've long used the dark split-sword with the cyksis skin on my pretty Saryn, but since PoE launched I've not been able to get the skin to display in game. It shows up correctly in the icon pane (the split sword looks like the cyksis skin) but the weapon always looks like default dark split-sword in game. I've tried everything I can think of to fix it, including a game repair/install. So far nothing works =\

• 1 month later...

#Bump

This bug is still not fixed, and i love the Dark-Split sword.

The heavyblade Skins apply! But the dual skins AND animation sets wont. Please fix this, since there is real money behind these skins, which cannot be applied or enjoyed with this weapon.