Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Newb Gearing Question

DissentWomble

Question

Hi Everyone

Getting down to brass tacks, I'm hitting a personal wall in the game personally in the difficulty of the game right now. I'm at Mastery Rank 5, with

Frost, Excalibur, and Rhino maxed (lvl 4 Physique, Redirection at lvl 7, Vitality at 5 ).

Maxed Boltor, Hex, Braton, and a Vulkar for primary weapons (Serration at 8),

Dual Ethers, Cronus and Fragor (Pressure point lvl2) for Melee

I'm finding it hard to do Fissure missions lvl 25+, Defeating Chroma (The New Strange), and The Raptor boss in Europa i think basically to unlock the Saturn Junction so I can complete the Kubrow quest since I need Nano Spores for the Incubator power core. Its not necessarily impossible for the fissure missions but its somehow a steeper difficulty and I'm finding myself spamming low level quests to level my Mastery Rank or upgrade more mods slowly and right now farming points for Syndicates since I hear they have good weapons there and I still don't have a Syandana which annoys me.

So the question I have is whats the next step gearing wise? So I can rape the two above bosses consistently for warframe parts or comfortably clearing atleast those Meso Fissure quests for more frame parts.

Should I bother try farming for Oberon or Mag which seems doable but thats just more low level stages and the Warframes them selves can do anything that my current Warframes can't. I also have some blue prints for some Prime frames but don't think I can complete them without overcoming this wall.

Should I use the Forma or Orokin Catalyst in my Inventory (I have 2 of both but I hear its best to use on the Syndicate weapons so I was saving them for that). Is that the "normal" progression of the game?

Max out mods? I think I have decent enough mods. My Shield would be around 930 and 500+ health on most warframes which judging from Youtube Vids seems like normal amount even on some end game videos. 

Anything I might have missed out on? I'm not focussing on elemental damage yet since It doesn't seem I can boost the Status chance much at my current stage. And I have crit mods but not maxed

Thanks for any replies and your time reading.

TLDR: Bolded

14 answers to this question

20 minutes ago, kambinks said:

-snip-

um.... yeah...

for oberon or mag, that up to your play style, nothing more

the orokin catalyst i would recommend using on your favorite weapons, the forma i would recommend using for making a new clan lab weapon, as you have stated that your mods arent the best atm... personally i would recommend the opticor, as its a personal favorite of mine (so is aklato, but thats another story)

the elemental damage is just that, damage, without status chance it just boosts damage, one silver elemental mod boosts your damage by 90%, great for weapons not needing a 'fix' due to an unwanted quirk (low speed, lots of knockback, etc)

when your able, try to max out your mods, preferably focus on the smaller ones and go up to bigger ones

Edited by (PS4)chibi_matatabi

Regarding mastery rank, that will only get you to have the Syndicate weapons (as well as other weapons) at a later date, and apart from that, it won't do much.

If you've got the parts for oberon, then go ahead and craft him (if you do have the materials of course, since you can have him sitting finished in the foundry until you have the plat for more slots if you're low on those), otherwise, you can farm for Mag, since the boss fight is pretty easy, though she isn't as sought after as a frame (considering there are more 'meta' alternatives).

If you are hitting an enemy difficulty wall, then set out to get your mods as high as possible to be your next priority, since a weapon being good or bad in your hands depends on them.

And you might want to browse the wiki a bit too, see what damage types certain enemies are weaker or more resistant to. This includes elemental mods too, since they deal flat damage, regardless of your status chance, which is only for their special effect (eg: magnetic damage still decimates corpus units even if you have 0 status chance since it still deals bonus flat damage to shields etc.)

I would say that you might want to use a FORMA for weapons that you like, but have a syndicate variant, since I believe the catalyst is regarded as more valuable and will be harder to obtain later on in the game, compared to forma, which becomes dirt cheap to craft once you begin to stock up on various resources.

29 minutes ago, kambinks said:

I'm not focussing on elemental damage yet since It doesn't seem I can boost the Status chance much at my current stage. And I have crit mods but not maxed

You're gonna have to focus on elemental damage to get further. That's how you're gonna make your weapons more powerful.

Just because you have no status chance doesn't mean you can't go elemental. Having status chance just means you go with 60%\60% elemental\status mods instead of the 90% elemental mods.

The 90% element mods will add 90% more damage to your weapon. And that's after serration and split chamber. That's a lot of damage. It's almost like another serration. The reason it's not another serration is because how that elemental damage relates to the faction types. 90% heat is gonna do more damage to infested than it would to, say, grineer (you're not gonna get the whole 90% against grineer). So you have to start modding per faction when introducing elements.

Without status chance you aren't that interested in actually getting the effect of the status (i.e. setting them on fire with heat damage) but you still need the damage (the numbers in the weapon stats) from an element regardless of status chance.

If you get what I mean?

1 minute ago, (PS4)drpunk-yo said:

-snip

20 minutes ago, MaksymP said:

-snip

35 minutes ago, (PS4)chibi_matatabi said:

-snip

I see. It seems I've misunderstood the element mods completely. I'll definitely look into that. I have read the Damage 2.0 thread and have tried it earlier into my game but can't say I notice anything significant. But maybe thats because I was only on mars at that point. Probably the best thing to do now is maximise my Elem mods level.

On Oberon I only need the system bp left but RNGs not blessing me with it at the moment. Though I'm a little relunctant to craft it due to slots and think Frost and Rhino should be doable for the content I'm aiming for.

Many thanks for the replies so far. Atleast I'll focus less on getting new weapons and frames and work on my Elem mods and others for now and see if it works

1 hour ago, kambinks said:

The Raptor boss in Europa i think basically to unlock the Saturn Junction

For Raptor, you'll have to find a squad, or something. Back when i was still new, Raptor destroyed me the moment i entered the arena. But now, i can 1 shot him. Or, alternatively, you can try using Excalibur's Exalted blade on him

para o raptor com um limbo e uma tigris, ou com um frost e uma trigris fica fácil você pode se teleportar para uma dimensão do limbo quando o raptor está olhando em  Você, você está recarregando, e com o frost basta por aquela bolha de neve e frango e ficar atirando sem raptor. 

Edited by (XB1)SeveredBinkie91

2 minutes ago, kambinks said:

I see. It seems I've misunderstood the element mods completely. I'll definitely look into that. I have read the Damage 2.0 thread and have tried it earlier into my game but can't say I notice anything significant. But maybe thats because I was only on mars at that point. Probably the best thing to do now is maximise my Elem mods level.

I wouldn't suggest maximizing them straight away because you're gonna be fighting for mod capacity and if you max them then you aren't gonna be able to put them in your weapons. Rank them up as much as you can with them fitting your mod capacity.

24 minutes ago, (PS4)PS_90210 said:

For Raptor, you'll have to find a squad, or something. Back when i was still new, Raptor destroyed me the moment i entered the arena. But now, i can 1 shot him. Or, alternatively, you can try using Excalibur's Exalted blade on him

Really want to solo the game to be honest if I can but Its definitely an option. I'd still need to get better for spamming fissure quests and continuing the storyline though.

21 minutes ago, (PS4)drpunk-yo said:

I wouldn't suggest maximizing them straight away because you're gonna be fighting for mod capacity and if you max them then you aren't gonna be able to put them in your weapons. Rank them up as much as you can with them fitting your mod capacity.

Thanks for the heads up. 

Hello. Follow up question of the same ilk if its not a bother.

I was playing around elemental builds and was trying to make a Magnetic build for Corpus enemies with armors

cSo5dNi.jpg

Basically stacking "North Wind + Vicious Frost" and "Yellow Mod with 60% Electric which I don't have + Shocking Touch" so that my Magnetic Elem damage is high.

Then I saw a Youtube video that used all 4 Elements silver mods into the weapon like this

q00wQSc.jpg

Which is better config for elemental mods? Say I'm going into a Defence game against Infestation. Should I go with 4 silver mods with 4 different elements or the 1 Gold 1 Silver mod build with Fire and Toxin elem only.

Edited by kambinks

First get that pressure point fully ranked.

I'd stick with the silver 90 mods for the time being. You don't have the capacity to play with for adding more elemental damage with a gold 60/60 mod.

Personally, for infested, I run with Corrosive (electricity + toxin) and Heat. Hopefully looking at the Wiki's infested damage 2.0 page will  help explain why -> http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Damage_2.0#Infested

Straight away you should see that there's 4 different "types" of infested you can come up against (although Sinew is just Golem so can ignore that), and each element is different for each type. Heat is good against Infested and Infested Flesh. But heat doesn't get any bonus against Fossilized and they are the big tanky infested dudes so you want some help against them and corrosive gets a boost.

Obviously Gas is better than Heat against infested and infested flesh but that requires toxin which is required by corrosive. You can't do corrosive gas so corrosive heat it is.

No idea if that helps.

Follow up question.

069x8CJ.jpg

This is my current Braton Prime and I got this riven which I thought was great to replace Shred on my build since the riven has a 50% Fire rate already along with 35+% Damage on Infested and Corpus. The shame is it has a -74.5% Slash damage.

So I'm thinking the best option is to add a Fanged Fussilade on the build so it covers the nerf on the slash damage yes? Or should I just drop the Riven, keep Shred and Fanged Fussilade? Or i'm missing any important mods?