Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rework Lephantis, the corpus head mostly

Inanegrain62

If DE can't solve and figure out why the corpus head shuts itself, rework it, change how it acts completely as it stays invulnerable due to "bugs that lasted for 3 years and given a small patch to reduce the chance of it".

A suggestion of making the corpus head having its invulnerability removed and have damage reduction instead as you at least have an effort to kill it as its weak spot does not open. Give the stem a hurtbox too if possible for people wanting to melee it since some people may be unprepared for ammo related issues.

Looking at how long it took to attempt at fixing it, Its best to delete it completely  rework the head or lephantis itself to prevent similar issues from spreading that may occur as fixes come in, we don't want all the heads to be invulnerable and not interacting in any way which halts progress and needs a restart.

The head itself resembles a shield lancer, an enemy that stays behind its shield all the time, except still exposed and still raises it even when there's no detection. I can't go much deeper as I see little reason for why the head responds to being aimed at and slam attacks stated by DE for the hotfix, unless I read it completely wrong.

I'd further question if the corpus head has a forced period to open its head if possible, no, not idle and dangling around, but it'll probably still end up doing so. It's another suggestion, also, I don't see much response from DE regarding to Lephantis itself.

Edited by Inanegrain62

56 minutes ago, Inanegrain62 said:

Give the stem a hurtbox too if possible for people wanting to melee it since some people may be unprepared for ammo related issues.

Made me remember the first time I went there (didn't watch youtube videos so no idea how the boss/fight was). A Penta, a Despair, a Kogake and the Rhino... Penta wiped rooms but did negligible damage to him and ran out of ammo in a minute. Rhino with no damage, only the 2 Despairs left (both the weapon that I used to kill him after 1 hour and the feeling of having to hunt down the infested minions with the kogake to get ammo pickups for it while avoiding the instakill bombs). That was an intense battle.

Personally, I think the people in charge of these so called boss fights needs to be forced to sit down and play some other games;

Every single boss fight in warframe is "Target is invunerable except for this tiny timed window and / or except on this spot."

There is zero intelligent design going on here and its atrocious.

Not to mention that Lephantis has essentially been broken to a degree for 3 years.