Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

TennoGen Round 11 Deadline

[DE]Taylor

17 hours ago, RoninJed said:

Yeah I meant to because I really don't think all of them deserve to be in the game. I also question the voting on tennogen and think DE favors these graxx skins a little too much. Like why did we have to have another graxx skin for the last tennogen when it was a Halloween theme. I didn't know all graxx skins had that as their theme. I just find it interesting that all graxx skins supposedly get voted on and approved every time. Makes me wonder if the "creator" knows people at DE or is straight up a DE employee. Either way I would like to see some different skins done by different creators.

We try to accept all pieces that are well-made and fit the game's aesthetic. Faven just happens to be really good at accomplishing both of those things. The Atlas Graxx in particular was accepted because it fit the "spooky" look. He has blood all over him - that's both metal and terrifying! If the Saryn Graxx was entered for round 10, for example, it would not have made it in.

I'll speak for the whole team here: we are so excited to see new creators and new styles in the workshop, but that doesn't mean we're going to reject works from existing artists without a good reason (style/quality/etc.). 

EDIT: I should also clarify that we don't have a set amount of creations we accept every Round. We do our best to get as many pieces in as possible by working with the creators to get final tweaks/changes in, which is why it can take a little while between the deadline and announcement. Another creator getting 10 skins in doesn't hurt anyone's chances!

Edited by [DE]Taylor
added edit

22 minutes ago, [DE]Taylor said:

We try to accept all pieces that are well-made and fit the game's aesthetic. Faven just happens to be really good at accomplishing both of those things. The Atlas Graxx in particular was accepted because it fit the "spooky" look. He has blood all over him - that's both metal and terrifying! If the Saryn Graxx was entered for round 10, for example, it would not have made it in.

I'll speak for the whole team here: we are so excited to see new creators and new styles in the workshop, but that doesn't mean we're going to reject works from existing artists without a good reason (style/quality/etc.). 

EDIT: I should also clarify that we don't have a set amount of creations we accept every Round. We do our best to get as many pieces in as possible by working with the creators to get final tweaks/changes in, which is why it can take a little while between the deadline and announcement. Another creator getting 10 skins in doesn't hurt anyone's chances!

Sorry to keep asking but do you know if we'll ever get more tennogen melee weapon types to play with?

30 minutes ago, [DE]Taylor said:

you just trying to one-up me Taylor? I see how it is....:devil:

Edited by DeathMavrik

43 minutes ago, [DE]Taylor said:

Sure blood...i guess I could make certain parts red on other frames and says it's blood too. Don't see how one creator getting 10 skins in doesn't keep other creators from getting theirs skins accepted but ok. I always thought there was a set limit for each of the tennogen rounds because of the time it takes to add them in. Guess if you guys got a hundred skins voted in and approved then tennogen rounds would be really exciting hehe. I understand that DE gets the final say on what gets accepted based on style/quality/etc. But then I look at the rhino graxx and original nova graxx skin (and it's reboot which was weird in how that was handled) and can't help but think there were better skins at that time. The quailty of tennogen content has defiantly improved from round to round with more creators getting involved. So eventually you would think at least one graxx skin wouldn't get in. Oh well either way I enjoy seeing what these creators can do.

20 hours ago, RoninJed said:

Yeah I meant to because I really don't think all of them deserve to be in the game. I also question the voting on tennogen and think DE favors these graxx skins a little too much. Like why did we have to have another graxx skin for the last tennogen when it was a Halloween theme. I didn't know all graxx skins had that as their theme. I just find it interesting that all graxx skins supposedly get voted on and approved every time. Makes me wonder if the "creator" knows people at DE or is straight up a DE employee. Either way I would like to see some different skins done by different creators.

@fredaven's stuff gets accepted all the time because, quite frankly, it's consistently the highest quality Tennogen content on Steam Workshop. His stuff gets in because it's just that good. Whether you like the style or not, his stuff is very high quality. Not only that, but his stuff being accepted doesn't exclude others' stuff from being accepted.

Edited by A-p-o-l-l-y-o-n

1 hour ago, Zoonoms said:

I'm really hoping that Diva octavia skin gets in. Say what you want about anime or weeaboos, but, Octavia is severely lacking in other aesthetic choices. She's got one alternate helmet and that's it.

To be fair she is still sort of new. Plus it seems she has a deluxe on the horizon too which also surprising considering her age.

But yeah, definitely want the Diva and all that comes with it.

Edited by Valiant

16 hours ago, RoninJed said:

It's just a theory hehe..."clearly" it's not the only reasonable conclusion. :satisfied:

A persons submission should not be excluded simply because they have had past success. The graxx skins fit the art style of the game and are consistent. Yatus had the front page covered with crap submissions which got upvoted to hell for a long time but none of it got in because it wasn't fitting.

If its a quality piece it will get in and thats the beginning and end of it.

3 hours ago, Kalimando said:

A persons submission should not be excluded simply because they have had past success. The graxx skins fit the art style of the game and are consistent. Yatus had the front page covered with crap submissions which got upvoted to hell for a long time but none of it got in because it wasn't fitting.

If its a quality piece it will get in and thats the beginning and end of it.

Hehe ok dude...whatever.

8 hours ago, RoninJed said:

Hehe ok dude...whatever.

Who are you trying to “whatever”? You’re looking for conspiracies where there are none.

Fredaven’s skins all get accepted because they’re well textured, fit the theme of Warframe, and are popular with the community which are the grounds for a Tennogen skin. There is no set limit to how many skins get accepted, if it’s good and fits the terms, it’s accepted.

Things on steam workshop may be the most upvoted but if they don’t fit the ground rules, they don’t get accepted. Simple as that.

So, “whatever” dude.

Atlas’ Graxx skin had a skull shaped helmet with a sinister look to it. That’s enough to be halloween. Who are you to say what DE can and cannot accept?

Edited by WingedCrusade

1 hour ago, WingedCrusade said:

Who are you trying to “whatever”? You’re looking for conspiracies where there are none.

Fredaven’s skins all get accepted because they’re well textured, fit the theme of Warframe, and are popular with the community which are the grounds for a Tennogen skin. There is no set limit to how many skins get accepted, if it’s good and fits the terms, it’s accepted.

Things on steam workshop may be the most upvoted but if they don’t fit the ground rules, they don’t get accepted. Simple as that.

So, “whatever” dude.

Atlas’ Graxx skin had a skull shaped helmet with a sinister look to it. That’s enough to be halloween. Who are you to say what DE can and cannot accept?

You are not saying anything that hasn't already been said. Like I said to the other guy and I will say to you...whatever dude.:satisfied:

This probably doesn't need stating but I figured I might as well do it anyway. Today and tommorow are your last chances for submissions. Don't forget to like/upvote items on the Workshop you'd like to see in game if you haven't already.

18 minutes ago, ----Legacy---- said:

I know how hard it is to wait some things but, why should PC players be punished for MS/Sony policies? It doesn't make any sense

Not to start a "PC players are entitled" argument but I think it's fair to say we get most of our content sometimes months in advance before Consoles do. Skins are nice but it's not like either party is losing out on that happening. In the very least it gives DE more time to work on the skins if they need tweaking or slight improvements to the texture quality.

4 minutes ago, Zahnny said:

Not to start a "PC players are entitled" argument but I think it's fair to say we get most of our content sometimes months in advance before Consoles do. Skins are nice but it's not like either party is losing out on that happening. In the very least it gives DE more time to work on the skins if they need tweaking or slight improvements to the texture quality.

It doesn't give them more time since it's usually players who notice some of the issues on release, so waiting for the tennogen items to be ready, put in a console build, be sent to certification, approved and then released on all platforms will just make any skin with issues have to wait for weeks before a fix on consoles, while releasing them as soon as they are ready to ship on PC allows players to find issues and let them be released as intended on consoles. 

It's not about making them timed exclusives or anything, just that I see no actual reason to delay their release on PC just because of processes that don't even affect us.

1 minute ago, ----Legacy---- said:

It doesn't give them more time since it's usually players who notice some of the issues on release, so waiting for the tennogen items to be ready, put in a console build, be sent to certification, approved and then released on all platforms will just make any skin with issues have to wait for weeks before a fix on consoles, while releasing them as soon as they are ready to ship on PC allows players to find issues and let them be released as intended on consoles. 

It's not about making them timed exclusives or anything, just that I see no actual reason to delay their release on PC just because of processes that don't even affect us.

Sometimes it's not that easy. I can't say in exacts but I at least know DE works on Syandanas. I don't think it's a simple copy and paste process. I've talked to Warframe Tennogen content creators and they've admitted that DE need to work on the syandanas to get them right or for changes that may be needed. Most likely why the Sari Syandana was approved but took so long to come out since they had to work on the wings opening and closing, etc. I do know for certain though that Mesa Graxx had to be changed because of the eye.