The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Wisp spawn vs modular amp build cost ratio is off

Ketec

For a average person why dpes not have hyper special grind routes burned into their brains and do not have a booster - it can be as low as 2-3 wisps 20-30 minutes.
The t1 amp alone costs 30. t2 45, t3 60 wisps.
But it's not just 3 amp's.  There is 27 combinations. IT already requires rep to buy each bp - rare fish parts and ores.
Adding a large amount of slow to collect and hard to see resources with random spread out spawn makes things worse.

The cost is limiting experimentation and you still see so many high MR players with mote's - or at most t1.

I assume it is a way to give players the ability to combat the twelve to twenty-four hour wait for a weapon craft to finish in the foundry since it only takes an hour to build but a day to collect the needed wisps without boosters and a cat.

Edited by Skrewyluie

2 minutes ago, Skrewyluie said:

I assume it is a way to give players the ability to combat the twelve to twenty-four hour wait for a weapon craft to finish in the foundry since it only takes an hour to build but a day to collect the needed wisps without boosters and a cat.

But you can build while sleeping or at work - you can't farm 24/7. I'd rather take the 24 h build time.

Just now, Husla said:

There is a route people took, which would net you roughly 30 wisps per hour without booster or cat.

As i said booster + highly specialized builds and memorized special farm routes. And even then its more closer to 12-15.

You have a severely over complicated idea of what a route is...

If you just check about 3 pools of water, right in front of the gate, takes less than 5 minutes, you will find 1-3 every match (without booster, during day), which can be soloed.

With a booster it took two days of casual grind going in and out and back in to get enough for a complete amp.

Edited by arolust

I followed a route in a guide. Followed, as in had both the guide map and game map open. Why remember something when you have two maps?

I spent about 3 game nights collecting wisps - with boosters. This was not full nights either. I was averaging 8 wisps per run, one run took 3 minutes. I got 200 wisps fairly quickly.

Run only at night, don’t do day. It’s a waste of time. But yes, there does seem to be a disparity between amount you can get and amount you need.

This is the guide I followed. Found farming wisps a nightmare until I found this. Now it’s just as easy as, I don’t want to fight more Eidolons or fish, so grab a dozen wisps.

This guide is not mine.

Edited by krc473
Added guide link in spoiler tag

Loot Radar/Thief's Wit/Animal Instinct. Archwing. Fly to as many bodies of water as you can as quick as you can and gather the wisps which spawn at the shorelines. Then return to the city, rinse, repeat. I'd be all for them increasing the amount per wisp-spawn somewhat, but they're not that difficult to obtain either.

Used this: 

I had a booster active because of fishing. but even double the time of my 45 wisp farm should be over pretty quickly.

Be sure to run during night time if you want the shorter farm time. you can be done with all wisps for at least a full low tier amp in a night with some dedication.

Edited by Airwolfen

Is there really a need to make all 27 combinations?  From what I hear you get Mastery for once each Prism (and you need to gild the amp first).  My plan is to make an amp for each tier (currently on the second, can't even gild them yet) and once I've tried out each primary and secondary fire type I'll build one final amp using the ones I prefer, or maybe just stick with one I already have if it turns out to be what I want.  I'll be building 3 or 4, not 27.

Propel saying they get 15 per run.... well ether your account is somehow rigged.

Tool Animal instinct and thiefs wit. "x booster from login. Ran the showsn maps - even slower to ensure i didn't miss any, and checked exstra lakes.
At night.

The result? 6 wisps. Which means 3 without a booster

Edited by Ketec