The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Does Almost No-One Use Dual Zorens?

VileRocK

Most people when missions end have 0, or close to 0 melee kills in the mission stats, meaning they don't actually melee with their weapon much, if at all.

Why aren't more people using dual zorens? Instead of carrying around a pretty ornament for the mission, you can have a free excalibur slash dash whenever you please... and you can unequip rush mods for slower frames, in fact I'm pretty sure using Zorens completely invalidates any encumbrance you get from your warframe's run speed - you just need to put a maxed attack speed mod on the zorens (which increases the slash speed and how far you travel from it) and you have one of the best (and underutilised) mobility and rushing tools in the game... you can usually break and kill most things and still be the pointman in 90% of missions I've run with them. I'm not even too good with them, I often still fall off the map or misjudge my dashes...

The combo is jump, crouch whilst jumping then melee... try it if you haven't already - you won't want to go back, unless you're one of the few people that actually see decent usage from their melee weapon. Zoren's damage output is crit based and falls off pretty quickly with the rising armour %'s, so they're not the best for actually killing things.... but it seems most Warframe players don't use melee to kill things anyway :/

Edited by ISlayUpray

Most people when missions end have 0, or close to 0 melee kills in the mission stats, meaning they don't actually melee with their weapon much, if at all.

Why aren't more people using dual zorens? Instead of carrying around a pretty ornament for the mission, you can have a free excalibur slash dash whenever you please... and you can unequip rush mods for slower frames, in fact I'm pretty sure using Zorens completely invalidates any encumbrance you get from your warframe's run speed - you just need to put a maxed attack speed mod on the zorens (which increases the slash speed and how far you travel from it) and you have one of the best (and underutilised) mobility and rushing tools in the game... you can usually break and kill most things and still be the pointman in 90% of missions I've run with them. I'm not even too good with them, I often still fall off the map or misjudge my dashes...

The combo is jump, crouch, melee... try it if you haven't already - you won't want to go back, unless you're one of the few people that actually see decent usage from their melee weapon. Zoren's damage output is crit based and falls off pretty quickly with the rising armour %'s, so they're not the best for actually killing things....

Mastery rank experience?

Dual Ether can also do the flying leap attack that I think you are referring to... and its damage scales better with endgame thanks to armor ignore

They do, I've owned a set, but I believe it's based off of weapon attack speed, which is why zoren's are best (highest ingame attack speed) and which is why the attack speed mod makes it even more crazy

And my point was, since most people don't actually melee there's no reason not to use these. If you actually melee then sure, take a weapon that's good for beating stuff up, but otherwise... Zorens!

Edited by ISlayUpray

And my point was, since most people don't actually melee there's no reason not to use these. If you actually melee then sure, take a weapon that's good for beating stuff up, but otherwise... Zorens!

I melee alot.

Most of my kills come from skills and melee, the other "few" come from primary and secondary, that together, don't do half my melee kills.

And i tell you, it's way funnier this way when doing T3 runs :D

Dual Zoren is still movement exploit in my opinion so.. feel free to use it until they decide to ban for it or nerf it to the ground (last prefered).

That is completely illogical. Why would they give a ban for a feature that may or may not have been intentional, and does not actually affect the core gameplay? It's like saying everyone who slides whilst sprinting should be banned...

and if they did nerf it Zorens would become junk :D

Edited by ISlayUpray

I actually have found that Fang is the best choice melee weapon:

1) Fast attack speed - can almost fly like Zorens when you put a maxed Fury mod on

2) Small knockdown on jump attack - situational, but useful nonetheless

3) All damage is armor piercing - can actually do decent damage to non-light infested (with charge attacks and basic attacks alike)

4) Looks badass

I really want to get Fang Prime, even though it attacks slower. Of all the melee weapons in the game, Fang Prime is close to top contender for potentially viable when/if we get actually decent melee mods.

Edited by Fate_6

Dual Zoren is still movement exploit in my opinion so.. feel free to use it until they decide to ban for it or nerf it to the ground (last prefered).

Considering they officially said it wasn't an exploit and even undid the slight nerfs to it i really don't see it going anywhere. But hey.. keep making S#&$ up.

That is completely illogical. Why would they give a ban for a feature that may or may not have been intentional, and does not actually affect the core gameplay? It's like saying everyone who slides whilst sprinting should be banned...

and if they did nerf it Zorens would become junk :D

Exactly. The Zorens are what I would call "copter" weapons (Zorencopter, Fangcopter, etc...). Their biggest strength is mobility, and they are extremely useful in traversing wide open environments like the Corpus outpost.

Remember how skiing was a bug that Tribes fans loved so much that it became a pivotal feature? That's how I see the copter weapons.

Though admittedly, I prefer using the Ethercopter & Glaivecopter. :)

Edited by DB-Tenno

Exactly. The Zorens are what I would call "copter" weapons (Zorencopter, Fangcopter, etc...). Their biggest strength is mobility, and they are extremely useful in traversing wide open environments like the Corpus outpost.

Remember how skiing was a bug that Tribes fans loved so much that it became a pivotal feature? That's how I see the copter weapons.

Though admittedly, I prefer using the Ethercopter & Glaivecopter. :)

Yeah but at least fang are usefull in combat...damm armor.

I actually have found that Fang is the best choice melee weapon:

1) Fast attack speed - can almost fly like Zorens when you put a maxed Fury mod on

2) Small knockdown on jump attack - situational, but useful nonetheless

3) All damage is armor piercing - can actually do decent damage to non-light infested (with charge attacks and basic attacks alike)

4) Looks badass

I really want to get Fang Prime, even though it attacks slower. Of all the melee weapons in the game, Fang Prime is close to top contender for potentially viable when/if we get actually decent melee mods.

• Zorens fly much faster with maxed fury on.

• AP does 50% dmg to light infested , and who even goes to melee ancients other than heavy weapons.

• Zorens look badasser