The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Skywing too fragile

Donnell

Given the option to fly within the plains is a welcome idea, (less so with having to build charges) but only really see it as a taxi.

I have been enjoying using a Zarr cannon while on my archwing to provide artillery of my own, for team mates below. However I'm finding that I get knocked out of it quicker and easier than it is to call for a new archwing. Most of the time, I don't even see the small red flares and from the increased range the Grineer seem to have on the plains; who knows where it comes from. It's easy enough to avoid missiles in space but the tilting and gravity make skywing difficult to control, even before I think of dodging.

It feels like the shields and HP of the archwing itself is pointless on the plains, you are grounded way too easy. Would prefer to see only base turrets and enemy aircraft have anti-air missiles.

(side note: I don't think Amesha's "Benevolent Decoy" attracts the red flares either :( )

41 minutes ago, Donnell said:

(side note: I don't think Amesha's "Benevolent Decoy" attracts the red flares either :( )

It doesnt. Watchful swarm neither.

I agree. Red missiles can be shot by almost anyone (I seen tusk predator deploying them) and beside display warning you dont see them at all. Helion also shoots them in burst, great. AW defence modules are not effective, Prenumbra causes you to stand still, so missiles still can hit you, Core Vent seem to not work. Odonata's flares work best.

Add maybe a sound warning, like beeping repeating more often closer missile is.

Edited by RobWasHere

I was actually excited to have a different area to work on my Arkwing, thought the controls would be more like Titania's 4 and all would be good. Instead it's a charge based mount that requires a charge for every time you mount it...not even every time you call it during a session *Strike 1*. It controls worse than normal Arkwing, and that says something, so the one simple expectation of control(Cause Titania works really well on ground maps while flying, but why mimic a success and stick to what is mostly a failure) was massively disappointing *Strike 2*. On top of all that, my previous work to make a semi-decent Arkwing was rendered pointless since you can be one shot off the thing super easily, so all those Shield/Health/Armor mean nothing, why haven't the Grineer rolled this out on their ships since obviously their technology is vastly superior to Tenno *Strike 3*.

Skywing is hands down, not even hyperbole, the Worst Execution of a Mount in an open world I've ever seen. If more online games implemented mounts like this, more people would just Walk to their destination cause it's less of a hassle and winds up being faster with how quickly you're dismounted by force.

I'm confused as hell as to why they chose this as their mount scheme...really, Why?