The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Defense On Nightmare, What's The Deal?

droidjv

A friend needed ciruits so we went to Venera (venus - defense) and I see it's on nightmare, so we both say, wth let's give it a try.

We begin and I see no map, no indicator for current wave or pod's hp. I keep count on my own and we pass wave 5 and with no word from lotus we keep going, I think "maybe it's up to 10 so let's keep going" lol

Anyway, I'm pretty sure we went past 10 maybe even 15 but it didn't seem to finish, what am I missing here?

Thanks.

Edited by droidjv

Nightmare mode got new mutators to make the game harder you handicap.

I thought so but then what's the handicap here? I understand if it was not seeing the hud so you don't see the map nor the pod's hp. But how many waves I was supposed to do? That's what I find weird.

I thought so but then what's the handicap here? I understand if it was not seeing the hud so you don't see the map nor the pod's hp. But how many waves I was supposed to do? That's what I find weird.

From what I remember it's 15-20-25, not more than that.

And about the handicap part , you'll notice it when you get energy drain + vampire + no shields.

New nightmare would be awesome if it had rewards to scale with it. On nightmare a common mod should drop on almost every other mod and you should walk out of a typical 30 minute mission with 10 commons 3/4 uncommons and 2 rares.   On defense all rare 5/Wave rewards only including BPs.  You should walk out of there with 10 mods per 5 waves guaranteed scaling up past wave 5 with 1 guaranteed uncommon, then 1 rare then multiples going up past wave 10.  Getting to wave 50 should be 10 rares per 5 waves minimum.  Code it simple, they drop off first 10 mobs killed after 5 waves and let RNG take over from there.

Just my 2 cents though.

Edited by Nickeltoe

Well, I just wanted to know what was the deal as I aborted since I didn't know if it was glitched or it was supposed to be like that, but since we're in the subject...

I guess the motive for nightmare mode was to give those players who keept complaining the game was too easy a challenge, from that perspective the reward is the challenge itself. But in my case I'd only play it if it actually had a better reward like you guys (SirSlayer & Nickeltoe) say, I'm still missing a few "special mods" from nightmare, but after I get those I won't be doing nightmare unless they make something completely new or improve the rewards.