Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Plains -> Cetus transition appears to bug Carrier's Ammo Case mod [Fixed]

D06pblH9l

I've noticed this bug as well. When I first enter the plains it works fine, but after a while it seems to only mutate rifle / pistol ammo and leaves shotgun and sniper lying on the ground. After entering and leaving Cetus again, it doesn't work at all.

You can fix it by going back to your orbiter and heading to Cetus again, but its a pain to do that if you're farming bounties.

I have a maxed out Ammo Case on my Carrier, but while out on the plains, I've noticed that after a while it stops converting ammo drops.  I've ran out of ammo several times now while there is plenty of ammo laying around that should have been converted to what I was using.  This is happening for both primary and secondary ammo.

Ditto, noticed this once or twice when using a high ammo gun like the Soma. It seems that Carrier will occasionally just give up, and stops trying to convert certain ammo types like sniper or shotgun ammo. Still works for pistol ammo though oddly.

After I noticed my weapon getting low on bullets and lots of ammo around me I stopped a little and waited for my carrier to use the mod ammo case... which it didn't want to... went into a regular mission and it was working fine, it only isn't working in PoE, plz fix, thank you :)

It works if:

You have carrier equipped when you land in Cetus and step out into the plains for the first time.

If you return from the plains, or equip it while in Cetus, it will only draw in pistol ammo and ammo for your primary for each foray back into the plains.  The work around is to return to the liset and come back for every bounty, which is pretty annoying.  Until it's no longer a pain, I'm just going to have to get by with shotgun mutation on my Astilla.

On 10/16/2017 at 7:40 PM, Aurodar said:

I also experience this randomly. Sometimes it works, sometimes it bugs out and ammo case stops converting all types of ammo. Only on plains that I've noticed.

Same exact issue here.

In the plains, and only in the plains, Carrier's Ammo Case mod sort of, well, just gives up. It will work fine for a bit then seemingly randomly stops caring. It will convert some types of ammo (for example, converts pistol to rifle) but stops converting the rest. I have only successfully "fixed" it once through switching to operator, weapons, operator again, drawing a pentagram on the dirt, switching weapons, sacrificing the goat, etc. But I can't really find any rhyme or reason to the bug.

It doesn't hurt weapons that don't care much about ammo: Lenz, Opticor, Tigris, and the such, but it mega sucks for the Soma, Braton, etc.

Also I'm sure this has been posted here but I did not see it in the first 3 pages so here we are!

Edited by Aurodar

Since PoE came out I decided to finally give snipers some attention and as sniper ammo is on a rarer side I decided to use Carrier Prime and it's mod Ammo Case to get my sorely needed ammo a lot easier. And while playing I noticed that my ammo is still getting drained at a rapid rate to the point I was out of ammo a few times and had to use Ammo Restore Pads and I was wondering why is that when there is ammo all around me and then I noticed that it's bugged. In it's current state it's not converting all ammo types into the ammo that you need, from what I noticed it's only converting whatever your other weapon type is, so if you need sniper ammo you'll only get pistol ammo converted into sniper ammo as the secondary(pistol) will be your other weapon, if you're using the secondary(pistol) and your other weapon is the primary sniper you'll only get sniper ammo converted into pistol ammo. If you're wondering why this is posted in the Cetus/Plains it's because it's only broken like this in the Plains, it still works fine in the rest of the game. So in it's current state Carrier is practically almost completely useless in the Plains until this is fixed so if it's at all possible make it snappy :) 

Thanks in advance, cheers.

P.S. Forgive me for not providing any screenshots to show this all in action.