The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please removes ostron/ quill caps once T5

LTDaWolf

As title please DE remove the daily standing cap once you reach Tier 5 so its more inline with the normal syndicates standing.

I can search  and stack up medallions, datum, insignias  etc and use them to max  syndicate standing so i can  buy a number of  things in one go  once ive reached T5 and unlocked them all.

Why cant I do the same with Ostron standing by mining and catching fish  or hunting sentient cores/shards once ive maxed each and reached T5 unlocking everything  available ?

Locking it behind a daily cap is  just simply bland

16 minutes ago, NekroArts said:

In comparison, you can only get a limited number of medallions, datum, etc. per day. While fishing, mining, and hunting core/shards can be farmed without limit.

maybe but what if you run them daily anyway  to give you something to do?. I run sortie and syndicates daily i also  run them with new players to help them find  the tokens  to help them level up i have hundreds of stored  madallions, datum, insignias as do many other players meaning at any given time i can max  standing to grab a mod or two for clan mate or if i need to sell syndicate weapon or arch weapon parts to get some plat. so no different really  you can only max to 135.000 anyway at a time just make that a daily spend limit not how fast you can get there

2 minutes ago, LTDaWolf said:

maybe but what if you run them daily anyway  to give you something to do?. I run sortie and syndicates daily i also  run them with new players to help them find  the tokens  to help them level up i have hundreds of stored  madallions, datum, insignias as do many other players meaning at any given time i can max  standing to grab a mod or two for clan mate or if i need to sell syndicate weapon or arch weapon parts to get some plat. so no different really  you can only max to 135.000 anyway at a time just make that a daily spend limit not how fast you can get there

I can only assume that DE doesn't want players to go too fast to the point of burn-out or "completed in the shortest amount of time". I would actually like being able to get more standing via mining/fishing/hunting, but DE had made many moves that suggest such.

They could have a medallion-like item be dropped from bounties.  Like maybe it could be something where if you successfully complete a bounty (maybe highest bounty only?), lotus/konzu gives you a bonus objective that yields the medallion as a reward - this way the medallion items aren't thrown in among the clutter of the currently bounty reward droptables. 

If i'm not mistaken, bounty rewards can only be obtained once per cycle (please correct me if i'm wrong), which means that bounties can only be run for rewards every 2.5 hours.  Seeing as there are only so many hours in a day, you have a limit to how many of these medallions could be obtained, which would solve the potential issue of people just grinding away at it super fast.

3 minutes ago, Sin1989 said:

They could have a medallion-like item be dropped from bounties.  Like maybe it could be something where if you successfully complete a bounty (maybe highest bounty only?), lotus/konzu gives you a bonus objective that yields the medallion as a reward - this way the medallion items aren't thrown in among the clutter of the currently bounty reward droptables. 

If i'm not mistaken, bounty rewards can only be obtained once per cycle (please correct me if i'm wrong), which means that bounties can only be run for rewards every 2.5 hours.  Seeing as there are only so many hours in a day, you have a limit to how many of these medallions could be obtained, which would solve the potential issue of people just grinding away at it super fast.

Nah, you can farm them for rewards all you like. You won't get standing but you can get the reward.

For quills you don't need a lot of rep and you can farm it easily from teralyst. Removing the cap isn't the worst choice but i think it kind of forces u to get higher master ranks and increase your possible gains. Useful arcanes are quite cheap too. Ostron is a different thing, u need lots of baits, recipes but outside of them there are not much items to buy. I mean,crafting zaw looks like a pointless time waster, cause they're mostly worse choice than regular weapons, even with recent hotfix for zaw rivens. For example zaw polearms have a range of chopstick, even with rivens + arcanes they're still useless. outside maybe daggers, cause they don't have and don't need much range. What about zaw arcanes? Mostly useless stuff with dead channeling efficiency mechanic, anyone needs that? The are like 1-2 interesting conceps of arcanes without channeling efficiency, one of them gives aoe blast damage, have a chance to proc and tied to your status chance. So what do we need to have it? Lots of maths aaaaannndd 200 eidolon breaths (for 10 arcanes). I mean, is it even farmable? 200 eidolon breaths and you have like 1/6 or 1/7 of a chance to get 5 breaths from hardest bounty. 200 breaths/5 = 40 missions with 100% success chance, about ~12 hour of pure gameplay, now imagine that you have different drops too and multiply 12hours for each additional drop, like axi v6 xD. So my points is - zaw system is chunk of exp for your mastery, not more, just buy recipes for oroes and baits and you're good, you should be able to get most of the items in a few weeks.

removing the cap imo is kinda pointless since you can get everything to some digree. but this does prevent burn out alot. i do have 3 days of quills standing in cores. but i dont feel the rush to use it because ofngetting gens to make the arcanes. 

also ou need 10x for arcanes if you want the max effect. dont let the requierments fool you in they way that it is