The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ice Is So Unfair! :c

KamaNightfire

I don't mind that Ice itself lowers shields, that's fine, it's when it STAYS lowered that it becomes unfair, especially when it's counterparts are damage based and only last a few moments. Why not have ice drain shields completely when stepped on but allow for it to regenerate normally afterwords?

14jm5oh.png

As you can tell from my screenshot I was forced into having to have my shields halved during my mission, both with goodies and with a Hack needed to progress. *Ignore the fact I already stepped on Ice previously on nabbing another Mod*

It didn't help that you slapped it right under the Console either. I ended up using 2 revives this run on Neptune, and it's not often I actually die in a run =/

Anyhow my suggestion is change it to something that isn't an entire-mission effect, make it brief like all the others.

EDIT: the maximum amount of shields will be lowered by 50% for the duration of the mission, shield recharge is untouched. This effect can be weakened with Warm Coat. Patches of ice are scattered across the map for aesthetic effect. Shield decrease affects both the players and enemy units. The warframe can experience small variations in direction when sliding on the patches.

Ignore a good portion of my rant then. Still doesn't need to be an entire mission-lasting effect as drastic as that, even with a bonus of easier damage towards other units.

Edited by Cute

The ice effect is on place all the time regardless if you touch the actual ice or not. At the start of the mission you get half the shields as a maximum and it stays like that until the end.

Well, that is unless it got changed at some point and I didn't read it.

Edited by HellEnforcer

I only don't like that my rhino does fine with half shields but my nova has to tread lightly  but even so I got a lot better with weak characters (health and shield wise I mean) because of ice, it teaches you to survive high level with lower shields.

Ice isn't necessarily unfair, but it is poorly designed. I'm ok with a drain to regen speed, or the time needed between hits for the shield to start recharging. Having the shields cut by a static amount is just boring, and I know DE is better than that.

My hope is that it is a place holder for another, more interesting condition. Hell, I'd be ok with vents that spray cryogenic fluid/material and effectively block paths and anyone running through them get slowed for up to 10 seconds at max potency. That would be more interesting, and there would be some flavor added to the maps.

Mainly because if a cryo leak actually did happen, then one can assume that the engineers on the ship would be trying to fix it immediately. Also, why would a ship that is stationed around Pluto, Eris, Ceres, or anything past Venus need a Cryogenic system? They aren't anywhere close to the Sun, they shouldn't have to worry about heat, so what gives?

The half shields is a bit hard to deal with, especially for more fragile warframes on higher level missions. My friend suggested maybe reducing the shield recharge rate and longer time it takes before your shields start to regen? That would make you less fragile, but still more careful.

That explains what was a mystery to me. I thought it drained your shields while you were standing on the ice, and then your shields come back (recharge) if you get off of the ice for a time. Next time instead of reviving twice I see some ice I'm aborting.

The ice environment is to actually give a challenge to the game. If you do not want to play an ice mission, abort it. If missions had no challenge, there will be no fun in playing.

Artificial difficulty is fun mate...