Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Harrow first ability

GTXproject001

3 hours ago, (Xbox One)Mythical Warden said:

[Sigh]

I've clearly stated that if you let OTHER people inside your bubble while using Thurible would completely kill the idea of being a good support. If you wanna be a lazy support, play Trinity. 

when there are better killing frames in your party harrows use falls tremendously, and thats just annoying as all hell, especially when u use a lot of energy on thurible

yeah man would it promote "lazy support" stuff? probably! but it doesnt freaking matter, its about making him more useful within a team and less frustrating

they could maybe make allies get 50% of the effect for the sake of balance, but allies need something from harrows abilities that dont rely on him getting kills

4 hours ago, TKDancer said:

when there are better killing frames in your party harrows use falls tremendously, and thats just annoying as all hell, especially when u use a lot of energy on thurible

yeah man would it promote "lazy support" stuff? probably! but it doesnt freaking matter, its about making him more useful within a team and less frustrating

they could maybe make allies get 50% of the effect for the sake of balance, but allies need something from harrows abilities that dont rely on him getting kills

I'm not going to repeat myself. If you don't like how Harrow's support type works, play Trinity.

8 hours ago, ChampionSheWolf said:

Your statement falls under ignorant at this point. You can get off your high horse and drop the elitism attitude. No, it would not kill the idea of Thurible being good support. Such willful ignorance is completely hypocritical. This attempt to try and sound and act superior it just completely inept. So again get off your high and mighty elitist horse. I get kills but saying it's a high skill frame is delusional at best, and woefully ignorant.

You can cut the little act on how you tell me on how I should act when you're not any better, so you can simmer yourself down. I'm not trying to sound superior, I'm trying to teach people how Harrow should really be played. The fact you ignore every single one one of my points except for the Thurible part. It's not ignorant, it's balancing, so for you to have the audacity to come up to say I'm the ignorant one just makes yourself look like an even bigger bafoon than me. And, whoa whoa whoa, where the hell did I say he was a high skill frame? Let me stop you right there, because I didn't say a single thing about having to have "Skill" to use him. His abilities are a pattern.

I've stated enough in this forum. People like you have your head shoved up your rear too far to realize the true meaning of the point I'm trying to get across, so for that, I take my leave. You can't have your own attempt of having the last laugh.

On 09/11/2017 at 3:22 AM, (Xbox One)Mythical Warden said:

It's just you have to know who you're playing with.

Popping back in to follow up. Now I'm not saying you're wrong about most of your views, Harrow genuinely doesn't need any buffs or nerfs to his kit, it's fantastic. 

It's specifically this disagreement that I'm having to reply to. This 'communication being the issue' part, in fact, and 'knowing who you're playing with'. I'm saying that in too many cases it's wishful thinking.

The chat box is not going to stop somebody that doesn't care. A huge part of this game is the instanced match-making, hundreds of thousands of people don't run with friends or clan members and if somebody isn't reading chat, doesn't care for your problem, or they happen to have their clan/alliance chat open instead of Team, then your words fall on literal deaf ears.

And that non-communication and non-consideration for other players can be anywhere between minorly and completely inhibiting to play as a Harrow.

The suggestion I was making is that, simply because communication so often, so very, very often, falls through, there is an argument to be made that his abilities could be adjusted a little. At no detriment to his current skills, all to the benefit. So that people who aren't communicating with you can still go on their merry way, being whatever they're being, and you can still get more benefit out of the abilities you have than you would currently.

In any case your counter-point simply falls into the Catch 22 of answers; People can't, don't or won't communicate, so you have a problem. The way to fix the problem is by communicating.

24 minutes ago, Thaylien said:

Popping back in to follow up. Now I'm not saying you're wrong about most of your views, Harrow genuinely doesn't need any buffs or nerfs to his kit, it's fantastic. 

It's specifically this disagreement that I'm having to reply to. This 'communication being the issue' part, in fact, and 'knowing who you're playing with'. I'm saying that in too many cases it's wishful thinking.

The chat box is not going to stop somebody that doesn't care. A huge part of this game is the instanced match-making, hundreds of thousands of people don't run with friends or clan members and if somebody isn't reading chat, doesn't care for your problem, or they happen to have their clan/alliance chat open instead of Team, then your words fall on literal deaf ears.

And that non-communication and non-consideration for other players can be anywhere between minorly and completely inhibiting to play as a Harrow.

The suggestion I was making is that, simply because communication so often, so very, very often, falls through, there is an argument to be made that his abilities could be adjusted a little. At no detriment to his current skills, all to the benefit. So that people who aren't communicating with you can still go on their merry way, being whatever they're being, and you can still get more benefit out of the abilities you have than you would currently.

In any case your counter-point simply falls into the Catch 22 of answers; People can't, don't or won't communicate, so you have a problem. The way to fix the problem is by communicating.

I've also stated you can play with friends, so you wouldn't have to worry about it at all to begin with, which I've stated before in one of my other arguments. Yes, there are some people who will just be there to steal all kills and be on their way, but not everyone likes to play the same, which I can understand. 

1 hour ago, (Xbox One)Mythical Warden said:

I've also stated you can play with friends, so you wouldn't have to worry about it at all to begin with, which I've stated before in one of my other arguments. Yes, there are some people who will just be there to steal all kills and be on their way, but not everyone likes to play the same, which I can understand. 

You're just being silly now...

2 hours ago, Thaylien said:

A huge part of this game is the instanced match-making, hundreds of thousands of people don't run with friends or clan members

9 minutes ago, Thaylien said:

You're just being silly now...

True, thousands of people don't run with other people or friends, but what about the people who do? I play with my friends, we work out what and who we're going to bring. I come prepared. I occasionally run with randoms, and yes, there is the people who do the same, not going with anyone else, but you're focusing on the people who DON'T run with other players. For the people who do, that's a different story. Or, don't play with anyone in general, solo a mission, I don't care. If you don't run with another player, especially if you're harrow, you're kinda making it easier on yourself. 

.. Now do you see my point? Or do I have to explain it more thoroughly?

25 minutes ago, (Xbox One)Mythical Warden said:

but you're focusing on the people who DON'T run with other players

I'm not focusing, you're ignoring it.

The game isn't just about players who form teams and clans and do everything together, the game is also about people who like to play socially, run with randoms. DE have set this game up to include all these players.

Your whole point revolves around this concept of 'just play with friends or play solo, if you have a problem with it' and that's just being, and I don't mean to insult you personally, elitist. That's the attitude of 'well it's fine for me, so just be like me and it'll be fine for you too'.

My view is that by ignoring the people that don't have the same inclination to play with a dedicated group of friends, you're being shortsighted as to there being positive changes that can be made to this frame.

All warframes can be improved, all systems in this game can be improved. To say something's perfect and doesn't need change is to embrace stagnation.

Harrow doesn't need to be changed, no.

Can Harrow be improved? Yes.

Why? Because there are other options to explore, always.

8 minutes ago, Thaylien said:

I'm not focusing, you're ignoring it.

The game isn't just about players who form teams and clans and do everything together, the game is also about people who like to play socially, run with randoms. DE have set this game up to include all these players.

Your whole point revolves around this concept of 'just play with friends or play solo, if you have a problem with it' and that's just being, and I don't mean to insult you personally, elitist. That's the attitude of 'well it's fine for me, so just be like me and it'll be fine for you too'.

My view is that by ignoring the people that don't have the same inclination to play with a dedicated group of friends, you're being shortsighted as to there being positive changes that can be made to this frame.

All warframes can be improved, all systems in this game can be improved. To say something's perfect and doesn't need change is to embrace stagnation.

Harrow doesn't need to be changed, no.

Can Harrow be improved? Yes.

Why? Because there are other options to explore, always.

I'm not ignoring the fact that others play solo, I've repeated myself many times where I've even played in social with randoms, and I'm not bashing on it. I'm very aware that the game isn't entirely about forming trams and clans, but I'm not exactly saying that everybody should do that. I'm making a recommendation if that you go into a game with friends, you'll not only have a better chance of doing a better job, but it'll be a fun experience playing with friends. Teamwork makes the Dreamwork, big fella. (That's an inside joke.)

I don't ignore other people either, I play with tons of randoms, and I usually play different things but I stick with Survival and Defense because it can last for a long period of time and keep me busy. And I never said that Harrow didn't need any changes entirely. If anything, I think his ultimate needs a bit of work. They should make it like how Nyx can have everybody focusing all their shots on you alone to soak up all that incoming damage so that there will be a higher critical chance by the time the ultimate is finished. 

Oh, and not to mention if Harrow gets any augmented mods, of course. That's a completely different topic..

[please make an augment for his abilities, DE]

15 hours ago, (Xbox One)Mythical Warden said:

I'm not going to repeat myself. If you don't like how Harrow's support type works, play Trinity.

then u are just being willfully obtuse and stubborn for no reason

this QoL change wouldnt make him bad or OP, it would just make harrow a better team player

and this is exactly why harrow isnt that popular, cause trinity is much better at just being a support frame that plays well with teams, whereas harrow become worse in teams

1 minute ago, TKDancer said:

then u are just being willfully obtuse and stubborn for no reason

this QoL change wouldnt make him bad or OP, it would just make harrow a better team player

and this is exactly why harrow isnt that popular, cause trinity is much better at just being a support frame that plays well with teams, whereas harrow become worse in teams

'Kay.

Chiming in to say that I would love if more abilities took terrain height changes into consideration.

Maybe with a penalty. Every 1m in height change up a slope would reduce range by 2m. Every 1m down a slope would increase range by 0.5m

Edited by Leqesai

I agree that it should take terrain changes into account.

also, considering it is similar to Nidus's 1st, i really think we should be able to aim it by holding down 1, instead of just a basic direction and aim. (yes yes, it looks like it as SOME type of expanding cone...but its not really noticeable)